Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You know when he's at his absolute worst?
Was it August until Christmas level of shite just in the middle instead of upfront.
As good as he can be on his day he's certainly capable of pulling out some of the worst performances of a 'top footballer'

ManRant

Those people who think he has done alright as a CM should at least explain why England's movement/rotation of the ball and passing out of midfield have been so poor at this tournament.
Not excusing Rooney, but imo, against Iceland Alli was too far foward. It's like no proper connection between midfield and attacking 3rd. Rooney was wank though, he should be ashamed of himself for not being a 'general' he should be.

But to say he is finished at United is ott. He still has a role here and I'm sure Mourinho will not adhere to his bad performance like LVG.

twitter thread suggester
Seriously, we will struggle to finish 4th with him as our starting midfielder. Doesn't matter how many attacking stars we buy if he's there to slow everything down and lose the ball at will.

Dec9003

It'l be interesting if Mourinho was watching. He's been brilliant for us but if he suddenly decides he's a midfielder and then pulls out pretty decent performances at his best and just awful at his worst then it's probably time for him to lose that God status he has at United in terms of getting picked every week.
Not that I can see that happening though

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Seriously, we will struggle to finish 4th with him as our starting midfielder. Doesn't matter how many attacking stars we buy if he's there to slow everything down and lose the ball at will.
Hopefully tonights performance will let people see what a liability he has become and the media won't go mental when he is dropped

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Not excusing Rooney, but imo, against Iceland Alli was too far foward. It's like no proper connection between midfield and attacking 3rd. Rooney was wank though, he should be ashamed of himself for not being a 'general' he should be.

But to say he is finished at United is ott. He still has a role here and I'm sure Mourinho will not adhere to his bad performance like LVG.
Ah yes. Someone else's fault again. FFS.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Unbelievable that he was on the pitch till the 85th minute. Shocking stuff from Hodgson (and Rooney for that matter).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely shocking.

This is the guy we are hoping to unlock defences and dictate tempo next year? Have a bloody laugh.

Treble

That was shockingly bad.

He can't be consistent even over 2-3 games, his fans want him to play central role at United :houllier:

Hopefully Mou has watched and is ready to move for new CMs.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I've hated him with a passion for the last 2 years

Sell or just plain Sack the Cnut, he's shit upfront and even shitter in midfield he will be a constantly dragging us down next season.

settembrini

England will disappoint in the Euros and Hodgson will get the boot. Thus becoming the third manager in three years to refuse to acknowledge problems with Rooney and consequently fail at his job.
So predictable.

Said it before and I'll say it again, what Mourinho does with Rooney is the single biggest factor in how successful he will be at United. Will he see what the fans see or will he follow Moyes, Van Gaal and Hodgson and doom himself to failure.

Bwuk

He's been one of England's better players this tournament, but beyond shocking tonight. He just looked like he was finished.

It was like watching Neville vs West Brom.

Woodenlung

One decent half against a piss poor Russia and he was being lauded to high heaven. What we've seen since is the level Rooney is really at these days. No range of passing or appreciation of what ball to play.

He was also knackered by about the 60th minute.

Godfather

My take on it as well. We can throw money around as much as we want, as long as we let players like him that are clearly not good enough anymore be our main men we won't win shit.

OLLY ORANGE

Several months ago i wrote Roy Hodgson had the chance of going down with the likes of Terry Venables and Bobby Robson as a liked England manager if he had the bottle to drop Rooney in these Euros. As I predicted if he shoe horns Rooney into the side then he will come up short, he will be remembered in the same bracket as umbrella Steve or Turnip Taylor.
Please don't expect Rooney ever to be top draw in any midfield that's challenging.
His career has been in decline for some time now and if any one thinks he's going to be the main man in a Utd side is deluded.
We have got to move on and not keep hanging on to his former glories.

Dec9003

Haha you guys twist yourself in knots trying to defend the impossible.
I must admit saying from what I saw of him in the second half was poor isn't my best attempt at "defending the impossible"
You're very strange, Dobbs

m1y2

Just about to post this, now can all the Rooney midfield lovers just stop, he is a horrendous there, and will be a chain around our neck next season if he is given a stating role.

Substitute striker, or he has to go.
I dont get why is anybody willing to to give him another chance as a striker he proved himself absolutely incompetent, it will be shoehorning again if he stays around no matter what role he plays. Even as a substitute we can do better, why him? he can play exhibition games. I don't actually think that based on his performances he would get into any team in the premier league as a starting player, he's been that bad and he still earns 300k per week being a captain, starting every game, absolute ridiculous situation we got into because of Dickhead dave

Dobbs

I must admit saying from what I saw of him in the second half was poor isn't my best attempt at "defending the impossible"
You're very strange, Dobbs
You didn't see him at all in the second half, you said as much. Yet your opinion switched from him doing alright in the first half to being poor. How does that happen?

Like I say, by defending him when there's no need, saying others are blaming the whole performance on him, to trying to appear to be neutral, you end up talking nonsense. Just call it as it is. Much simpler.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And to think Lahm, Ibra, Messi and possibly Aguero and Mascherano have quit internationals with the latter 3 thinking they can't hack it anymore!

The difference between himself and these guys is that they still have so much to give at club level.

If Rooney's international career is finished, it's the first step towards irrelevance for him. It makes him easier to drop at club level and that's a slippery slope.

Dec9003

You didn't see him at all in the second half, you said as much. Yet your opinion switched from him doing alright in the first half to being poor. How does that happen?

Like I say, by defending him when there's no need, saying others are blaming the whole performance on him, to trying to appear to be neutral, you end up talking nonsense. Just call it as it is. Much simpler.
I saw him for a few minute then he came off for Rashford didn't he.
Even still when you read on here he was shocking without a single poster disagreeing I don't even need to have seen him to understand he was poor in the second half. He was alright though in the first half, not brilliant mind you but certainly alright.
Has anyone other than you actually said that people are blaming the "whole performance on him" in those words? I think you're a getting a bit hot and bothered over what I'm posting but I'm not actually meaning what you think I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.