5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue always red

I have never seen such a bad Wayne Rooney performance. Was shocked to be fair as I'm a massive Rooney fan, but even his work-rate lacked today (could be instructions to stay upfront). Dire.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
That was bloody disappointing but hey, at least it's all uphill from here on, right? Do think, he needs to be subbed/dropped to give him the necessary kick up his butt and make him fight for his place.

Probably his worst ever game for United...

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Just like your words, and mine - here today, gone tomorrow. Rooney on the other hand will be on those records for a long, long time.
I can't see him getting the record this season like you say. Whether you like it or not, he's well past his best and is not the striker that will land us the title. I can not see him getting 20 plus league goals for us and that is exactly what you need in a title winning side.

Alias
Oh I have no doubt he will.

in 2011 Van Gaal kicked Mark Van Bommel, his captain at the time, out of Bayern Munich halfway through the season after he fell out with him. Last year he openly told RvP and Falcao that they were shit and not impacting the game enough.

if Rooney goes a few more games like this, I'm sure Van Gaal will start changing things.
Interesting! It's good to know. Thing is, though, who will come in for Rooney? Or is it a case of anything's got to be better than this!?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Interesting! It's good to know. Thing is, though, who will come in for Rooney? Or is it a case of anything's got to be better than this!?
Yeah its hard to see anyone wanting him considering the wages he's on..

We really need a new striker...at least Rooney is showing off his ability while the window is still open so he deserves respect for that.

ottosec

That's how a player that knows that he is never getting dropped plays.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tbf to Rooney, even in his best seasons he was still always capable of putting in strangely terrible performances. Looking as bad as he did today doesn't necessarily mean that much, it's nothing we haven't seen before.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He was very poor today, but I think he'll manage to play himself into form. He usually does.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Rooney scored 12 league goals last season, which is 3 under his average for his entire career with us. That 12 matches 3 other seasons and beats 2 others in 11 seasons in total. So, that means he is right where he should be, add in the fact he never played up-front for a great deal of games. He will get more than 12 this season but somehow that isn't good enough anymore and never has been. What are you expecting from him? He is continuing what he always has done. What really bugs me though is people calling him a drunkard, a donkey, a cnut and various other names under the sun. I mean, do those words reflect his stature as a player as of today and show any respect at all to him as a player?

Like it or not, he is going to be our all time record scorer and I think it would be nice if we could use terms to refer to him other than those that are currently being banded about. It looks bad on you as individuals, you as fans rather than Rooney himself, no matter how many times you continue to use them.

I'm glad he is still here, that he is still our main striker and that he will be our record scorer. As a fan of our club, it is nice to watch him play and to watch him eventually break that record. Next time I'm at OT, on Tuesday, I'll be singing "Rooney! Rooney! Rooney!" along with the rest of the stadium.
Yeah, leave Wayne Rooney alone.

We should also bring Scholesy and Giggsy out of retirement and play them full 90 minutes every week because they deserved it.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Rooney scored 12 league goals last season, which is 3 under his average for his entire career with us. That 12 matches 3 other seasons and beats 2 others in 11 seasons in total. So, that means he is right where he should be, add in the fact he never played up-front for a great deal of games. He will get more than 12 this season but somehow that isn't good enough anymore and never has been. What are you expecting from him? He is continuing what he always has done. What really bugs me though is people calling him a drunkard, a donkey, a cnut and various other names under the sun. I mean, do those words reflect his stature as a player as of today and show any respect at all to him as a player?

Like it or not, he is going to be our all time record scorer and I think it would be nice if we could use terms to refer to him other than those that are currently being banded about. It looks bad on you as individuals, you as fans rather than Rooney himself, no matter how many times you continue to use them.

I'm glad he is still here, that he is still our main striker and that he will be our record scorer. As a fan of our club, it is nice to watch him play and to watch him eventually break that record. Next time I'm at OT, on Tuesday, I'll be singing "Rooney! Rooney! Rooney!" along with the rest of the stadium.
You need to stop popping the tramadols and rewatch the game.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He always starts the season off slow. He'll be fine.
He was abysmal last season when he got moved to striker...except for probably the Spurs game when the rest of the team was playing well..even with that silent domination nonsense being spouted..Equally for England he has been poor for years now..We cant afford to carry a passenger like him, the club should come first

The Law of Denis

Zero Wayne Rooney Stats vs Villa

• Zero shots
  • Zero dribbles
  • Zero aerial duels won
  • Zero tackles
  • Zero chances created
  • Three times dispossessed
  • Three times Offside
  • Five times lost possession
  • 78% pass accuracy compared to team average of 86%
  • 43 touches only once in the opposition penalty box, when saving a goal kick in the 90th minute

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Question is if he's truly still up to the standard we should strive for. Compared to Aguero, Suarez, Lewandowski he seems to have lost quite a bit

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Go to sleep Kai

Bojan11

He's been poor for the last three seasons as a striker. Even Fergies last year he was moved to CM at times because he was not effective as a striker.

Nem 7

Past it. Fergie had him sussed. 600 top flight games since 16 has taken its toll on him. Been a great servant (on the pitch) but time to put him out to pasture.

But seeing as he's signed up on 300k a week for the next 3 seasons I look forward to seeing him huff and puff while balls bounce off of his shin to the nearest defender.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
First he starts the season slow. That's about two months, right? Then he has this excuse of 4 games against Liverpool and Everton, even though I have no idea why is that excuse at all, he should be fined for his performances against those clubs. Then he has this one or two injuries that set him back for about 4 or 5 games after when he is returning to his form(which he never picked up btw). Then he plays in midfield for few games and it's not his fault. Then it's the end of the season where there is nothing left to play for and he has played every game so it's understandable that he is tired from the season behind him. Then comes the summer and everyone forgets his year and say that it wasn't hos fault that his teammate couldn't creat for him. Then comes the new season where people find new position where he is best at. Year in Wayne Rooney's career. Rinse and repeat.

thejtrain

First he starts the season slow. That's about two months, right? Then he has this excuse of 4 games against Liverpool and Everton, even though I have no idea why is that excuse at all, he should be fined for his performances against those clubs. Then he has this one or two injuries that set him back for about 4 or 5 games after when he is returning to his form(which he never picked up btw). Then he plays in midfield for few games and it's not his fault. Then it's the end of the season where there is nothing left to play for and he has played every game so it's understandable that he is tired from the season behind him. Then comes the summer and everyone forgets his year and say that it wasn't hos fault that his teammate couldn't creat for him. Then comes the new season where people find new position where he is best at. Year in Wayne Rooney's career. Rinse and repeat.
That basically sums him up. At the moment, there's no point keeping him even until the end of the season. Fergie must have sold him when he left.

RORY65

Is this not a bit of a myth? His two highest scoring seasons were 09/10 and 11/12. In 09/10, he scored 5 in the first 5 league games as well as scoring in the Community Shield while in 2011/12, he got 9 in the first 5 league games. I've seen people say he always starts the season slowly but is it not the case for at least 3 seasons that he's started quite slowly and gone on to have pretty ordinary campaigns?

WyoManU

Can't understand why people defend his performances. Has he been great for us? Yes. Is he STILL great for us? No. Looks slow and stuffed full of beer, fish and chips. Having a laugh on his wages.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I usually defend him but he was awful today. He may not have had a great deal of service (only having one touch in the opposition box says a lot) but he couldn't control a slug today. Completely astonishing how his touch has just left him. He seems a lot better when he drops back - I'm sure he'd be a lot more effective as a number 10.

I hope LVG "rests" him for a few games soon, just to give him the idea that he isn't undroppable.

dsch

He had an awful game today (don't think anyone can dispute that), but there's plenty of time for improvement. Stranger things have happened.

Ixion

Rooney has not scored an away goal in the Premier League since November 2014.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Zero Wayne Rooney Stats vs Villa

• Zero shots
  • Zero dribbles
  • Zero aerial duels won
  • Zero tackles
  • Zero chances created
  • Three times dispossessed
  • Three times Offside
  • Five times lost possession
  • 78% pass accuracy compared to team average of 86%
  • 43 touches only once in the opposition penalty box, when saving a goal kick in the 90th minute
:drool:

Sylar

That moment when he was nearly one on one with the keeper, and his touch was sooo bad he had to stop it from going for a goalkick and concede a throwin :lol:

Ixion

That was against Arsenal..I think that was his only away goal last season too..so that means you have to go at least 6 months back for another one..or possibly even more..
There was the one from near the halfway line at West Ham in March of Moyes' season but I can't think of one after that until the Arsenal one.

£300k a week!

Acole9

Outstanding
He was terrible tonight, he cut a rather frustrated figure at times, I'm not sure whether that was the lack of service he was getting or just the fact he knew himself he was having a mare.

Baxter

The second one where he tries to blame Herrera :lol:

Leg-End

He was terrible tonight, he cut a rather frustrated figure at times, I'm not sure whether that was the lack of service he was getting or just the fact he knew himself he was having a mare.
Nope he can't even use the old Falcao excuse, the service into him was pretty decent by our recent standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.