Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Brilliant goal but his constant passes to the right annoy me to no end. I mean, it's not like we've got Dani Alves out there! If it's a choice between passing it to Darmian who'd then be in a 2v1 position, or Martial who'd be able to run at his man, I'm fairly sure for any other player it'd be a simple decision.

MounchesterUtd

Fair play to him. World class goal and loved that he didn't celebrate afterwards. If he can only take a pay cut and accept a squad role, he'd still be of use for a couple more years. Say what you want about him, but every time he does play, he plays like he gives a shit about the club.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Brilliant goal but feet of clay the rest of the match. Still, props to Rooney for figuring out that Fener were standing off at that range and taking the shot. Unfortunately the players should have figured that out sooner.

Dobbs

Fair play to him. World class goal and loved that he didn't celebrate afterwards. If he can only take a pay cut and accept a squad role, he'd still be of use for a couple more years. Say what you want about him, but every time he does play, he plays like he gives a shit about the club.
What would be this use? I'm not being obtuse here I just don't get what he brings as a squad player. His goal scoring has all but dried up. Is that 3 in 25 or something? It's only going to get worse as time goes on.

We know his touch is all over the place. His passing limited. Physically he's well off. He rarely makes an impact as a sub.

You can't want him here for another two years for things like "leadership" and "experience" can you?

Eddy_JukeZ

Stunning goal.

But I just can't get over his poor touch in the 1st half. He takes the worst touch possible there. It's something I've noticed lately, but why has Rooney become almost Valencia-like in refusal to use his left foot?

psychdelicblues

I'd expect a Sunday league park player to react the same way in scoring what was a probable consolation goal.

R300k

T A
Still think that Rooney will be more useful if he is moved to No.8 position. It is all written by SAF in his My Autobiography, he foresaw this days when Rooney s physical advantage is already abraded by time, his movement goes slowly, not enough to play ST or No.10 or winger role. When the time comes, the fit way is dragging Rooney play deeper as No.8 for more spaces, at least his long pass and long shot skill could be useful for the team.

Our midfiled is damaged now, Mou should consider Rooney as one midfield solution (No 8 not No 10) instead of planting a useless tree on the pitch again

ryan cook

Still think that Rooney will be more useful if he is moved to No.8 position. It is all written by SAF in his My Autobiography, he foresaw this days when Rooney s physical advantage is already abraded by time, his movement goes slowly, not enough to play ST or No.10 or winger role. When the time comes, the fit way is dragging Rooney play deeper as No.8 for more spaces, at least his long pass and long shot skill could be useful for the team.

Our midfiled is damaged now, Mou should consider Rooney as one midfield solution (No 8 not No 10) instead of planting a useless tree on the pitch again
Rooney should never play in the midfield for manchester united. Never.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Who should he play ahead of? Herrera? Pogba? Schneiderlin?

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph

Have you watched Rooney when was played in midfield? Have you watched him for England in that position? Have you watched him play football in the last few months?
Because if you have and you still think he should play in midfield for Manchester United I don't know what to say

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Anyone know if this lot is reliable?
For those who can't see the tweet: Apparently Rooney and Mourinho fell out when Mourinho told him he needed to do more as the captain after the Fenerbache game, and now Wayne is pushing to leave in January...

LouisDanGaal

In terms of contributions (goal/assists) this season he is still joint top and must be top per minutes played. We can moan about how crap he is all we like but we as a team aren't better than him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anyone know if this lot is reliable?
For those who can't see the tweet: Apparently Rooney and Mourinho fell out when Mourinho told him he needed to do more as the captain after the Fenerbache game, and now Wayne is pushing to leave in January...
Sport are easily one of the worst outlets, they're up there with the sun.

Smores

Is that you Wayne?

Seriously how can anyone still hold this opinion. Some are so desperate for Rooney to be relevant

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
In terms of contributions (goal/assists) this season he is still joint top and must be top per minutes played. We can moan about how crap he is all we like but we as a team aren't better than him.
We are better because we're 8th in PL table, not 17th or 19th...

Vashu

We finished 5th last season with him in the team, fourth the season before . Don't talk shite.
It's parallel talk mate... Mind boggles at the blindness of some here. These days you should be well acquainted with shite definition by watching Rooney's travails. One great goal does not change overall level of his performances, however it does give some ammunition to the desperate.

Last edited:

LouisDanGaal

It's parallel talk mate... Mind boggles at the blindness of some here. These days you should be well acquainted with shite definition by watching Rooney's travails. One great goal does not change overall level of his performances, however it does give some ammunition to the desperate.
You are talking about being 17th though. We were higher in the league before he got dropped. Im not saying play him, im saying we are awful either way but mata is the only one pulling his weight amongst the forwards

AndyJ1985

Couldn't care less. For anyone who uses their eyes to actually watch a match, and doesn't blindly form all their opinions based on stats, we can see how detrimental he is to the team.

LouisDanGaal

Couldn't care less. For anyone who uses their eyes to actually watch a match, and doesn't blindly form all their opinions based on stats, we can see how detrimental he is to the team.
Yeah you're right we've been smashing it since dropping him.

Vashu

You are talking about being 17th though. We were higher in the league before he got dropped. Im not saying play him, im saying we are awful either way but mata is the only one pulling his weight amongst the forwards
So we're 8th, though Rooney doesn't play like a midtable player. He looks the part of relegation fodder. On the game by game basis the guy brings nothing to the table. On the other end of spectrum are players like Bailly and De Gea - the top of the table material. That's why I did object to you saying that we as a team are not better than him.

LouisDanGaal

So we're 8th, though Rooney doesn't play like a midtable player. He looks the part of relegation fodder. On the game by game basis the guy brings nothing to the table. On the other end of spectrum are players like Bailly and De Gea - the top of the table material. That's why I did object to you saying we as a team are not better than him.
Yeah those two are substantially better but so what? loads of teams have some really good players but are average teams. De gea is great. Bailly is great. Leicester still have mahrez west ham have payet, but it doesn't matter as you have to take into account the whole team. Rooney is shite but at the minute so are we, there will be a point where we aren't you assume but I just wish it would hurry the feck up because watching us is painful.

Jazz

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ooney-manchester-united-jose-mourinho-england

he's not going anywhere, as expected. Will happily just take his 250k per week whether playing or not. Also interesting that there's no quotes in this article, lending further credence to the theory that Rooney is responsible for our leaks
AKA, you have to pay me to sod off. That's his right to be fair. blame the lot who gave him the contract. In 2019, he'd barely be able to move his leg.

Dobbs

Yeah those two are substantially better but so what? loads of teams have some really good players but are average teams. De gea is great. Bailly is great. Leicester still have mahrez west ham have payet, but it doesn't matter as you have to take into account the whole team. Rooney is shite but at the minute so are we, there will be a point where we aren't you assume but I just wish it would hurry the feck up because watching us is painful.
Why in the Rooney thread are you pointing out that the team isn't very good? I'm confused as to what point you're trying to make by doing so.

Jazz

AKA, you have to pay me to sod off. That's his right to be fair. blame the lot who gave him the contract. In 2019, he'd barely be able to move his leg.
Yep, sure sounds like it, pay me or else. Moyes:rolleyes: Then Ed approving this:rolleyes:
The worst thing is if he kicks up a fuss off the field that derails us further. I'm really fearful for us with this politics.:(

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yep, sure sounds like it, pay me or else. Moyes:rolleyes: Then Ed approving this:rolleyes:
The worst thing is if he kicks up a fuss off the field that derails us further. I'm really fearful for us with this politics.:(
For me, I don't even care anymore. If we have to burn down the club to get the people dragging this club down out then, so be it. Sick of the mess this club is in right now.

Devil may care

Yeah, we made our own bed with that contract. Honestly if it was a choice between £20M for a new RB or £20M to get Rooney to leave I'd chose the latter, it would be like a new signing not having him, his drama and politics hanging over the club.

Jazz

For me, I don't even care anymore. If we have to burn down the club to get the people dragging this club down out then, so be it. Sick of the mess this club is in right now.
I agree with you, I'm just hoping our board see it that way as well. To be held back by this guy. So selfish he is, so selfish. These things make the United job even more difficult. It really pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.