5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have no clue, you're right, but I can only listen to what the players say, and they say he is very good around the club. That's all the proof I need.
He's mates with half the squad, has mates in the media and is pretty much an institution. Not to mention the fact no player would ever say anything other than something positive about a team mate (especially a senior one) in public. What they say about his leadership skills means absolutely sod all.

I would bet a serious amount of cash that there is a good number of players in the squad that would be better off without him at the club. Players that would impose themselves a lot more to the benefit of the club. I'd also wager that the quality of the squad will improve if they have a captain that can hold them to standards of his own and lead by example.

So my question is, since Rooney has been out of the side, has anyone else shown any 'proper leadership qualities'?
You're talking about leadership on the field as if that's the only thing a captain has to do. For starters Herrera and Mata have both improve without Rooney in the side and have both imposed themselves far more.

clarkydaz

He's mates with half the squad, has mates in the media and is pretty much an institution. Not to mention the fact no player would ever say anything other than something positive about a team mate (especially a senior one) in public. What they say about his leadership skills means absolutely sod all.

I would bet a serious amount of cash that there is a good number of players in the squad that would be better off without him at the club. Players that would impose themselves a lot more to the benefit of the club. I'd also wager that the quality of the squad will improve if they have a captain that can hold them to standards of his own and lead by example.

You're talking about leadership on the field as if that's the only thing a captain has to do. For starters Herrera and Mata have both improve without Rooney in the side and have both imposed themselves far more.
funny you mention this as Jose supposedly told him to sort his own game out first before directing others

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So my question is, since Rooney has been out of the side, has anyone else shown any 'proper leadership qualities'?
He's the captain, whether he's playing or not, the attitude he brings to that dressing room should be present, whether or not he's on the bench.
And if you want to listen to the PR bot players who obviously can't say he's shit in public, well suit yourself. I'll continue relying on the evidence on the pitch.

Hed Zitin

Watch him send the ball out wide over and over in this weird team that hasn't got width. Like a pre programmed robot.

Edit: He's playing as a winger so ignore that :D.

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Martial might be better than Rooney overall, but Rooney's intelligent running from the left has been key to both of our goals so far. Experience can make up for raw ability sometimes.

Sparky10Legend

What about losing the ball 5 times @Dante......if you are calling them assists then jeez how happy you would be with KdB etc etc

Minimalist

Excellent in the build up for the third goal. Too early to know if he's turned a corner (it is fecking Swansea at the bottom of the league) but he's playing much much better today.

WhoDaGOAT

His best display in years. It is Swansea though. Look at that defence on paper.

Martial might be better than Rooney overall, but Rooney's intelligent running from the left has been key to both of our goals so far. Experience can make up for raw ability sometimes.
He still has the brain of the world class player he once was. Given space and time he knows the right thing to do. The problem is when he's closed down quickly, even here he's losing it a lot in tight spaces.

WyoManU

This as good as Rooney gets...and it really it really is just about average.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Earning his money today. Good.

An Irish Red

He really hasn't been great though. He did well for the third goal but apart from that he's gave the ball away a ridiculous amount.

However, anytime Rooney does anything decent people overrate his performance dramatically.

Devil81

Very good today, if he can maintain this level then no doubt he keeps his place in the team.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
still shit but at least the end product is there :D

drdoityourself

Weird game, been involved in all goals. Especially good play in the third goal.
In between he's been diabolical.

AndyJ1985

It's pretty much a standard Rooney performance so I'm unsure why some think he's been very good? I guess it must be because we're winning 3-0, so it automatically makes everyone very good.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Least he's contributed to a win. He has given the ball away an awful lot, but I am willing to give him a run in that LW position if we can keep winning.

Aint gota Kalou

Still an absolute donkey at times but he's not a hindrance and his movement is good. Much improved.

m1y2

he's still shit, just have much more time on the ball so it makes somebody think he has done more apart all those horrible passes/shots/touches etc..

Bob breadly should be sakced in the morning for this atrocious display of his team, anybody with brain would try to press our absolute shocking team in terms of mobility today and could snatch at least a point

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Stop with these pity compliments. He's been losing the ball everywhere and easily our worse rated player in this half(along with Damien another wasteful player).

And this game is another example of why stats are ridiculous without context. He put in what are basically simple passes and thanks to Ibra managing to score from otherwise unlikely situations he gets 2 assists.

He needs to sort out his general play by cutting the wastefulness. Swansea have been good to us and this is a very easy game so everyone should look decent, no excuse to come under perform.

Still good he got assists which means he at least contributed but need to stop his general wastefulness by fecking up simple passes and losing the ball easily especially against this Swansea team who seem incapable of putting any of our players under pressure.

Dante

Average bang
82.5% passing accuracy but his clever running from the left was key to all 3 goals. Let's focus on the negatives, though.

m1y2

:lol:

yeah just call it intelligent running, it's easy to praise people with a name like Rooney after the team is winning 3:0, he's still one of our worst players easily

Status
Not open for further replies.