5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Lol Mike Keegan in the Mail gave Rooney an 8/10, motm performance.

Pogba was given 6.5

Dante

Average bang
A professional coach or manager would have rated Rooney's performance very highly. It may not have been as aesthetically pleasing as some would like, but he was central to everything good that we did, including all three goals. Football is a results based industry. Rooney helps us get them.

John Blund

Funny how Rooney now is back at LM, where he sulked under SAF. Playing his best football the last two seasons. SAF always knew it. Ronaldo fecking demands LM/LW in RM. We could always use a good Rooney..

The United

Thought he did pretty well. Involved in all the goals.

I would say he has been handling as well as he could with the whole thing so far.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I thought that was the best I've seen from him in terms of general play for ages.

Looked leaner and sharper as well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Man of the match today. Was fantastic. Proved he still has a significant role to play.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I thought that was the best I've seen from him in terms of general play for ages.

Looked leaner and sharper as well.
Was about to say the same. Not just this today, but even in his past few sub appearances he definitely looks as if he dropped a few kilos which will do him a world of good I think. The first 2 months of the season he looked blatantly unfit and just tired always, which was probably due to him just probably being too heavy. Today has to be the quickest and most agile he's looked all year. Got 2 assists in the end, should have had another for Mata's chance, and then his goal was onside as well. So very good performance from him, let's hope he builds on it.

VanGaalEra

Happy for him today, as much as I've criticised him, it was nice to see some of his drive back.

Devil may care

He's well below that standard we need but maybe he can still convince Everton he's worth having.

Devil may care

Played well enough to start the next game. Simple as that.
Only if he stays out on the left, he's dogshit as a striker or #10 these days, any smattering of decent play we've gotten from him this season has come when he's been played wider.

PepsiCola

Played well today and deserves his start against arsenal next weekend.

Our wide players have failed to impress this season, bare Mata when deployed there.

However can't foresee him being anywhere near as effective tonight against arsenal. I see the team all round struggling, not optimistic.

Wayne's World

I thought he played very well today, absolutely positive in every move he did....

Still hoping he doesn't play against Arsenal though...

edcunited1878

His positioning was great today on the left. He was between the lines on the left channel which allow Darmian to come forward and provide a wide outlet with Pogba coming from the left knowing he could go forward with Wayne going deep. Whenever Wayne came deep, Pogba would be up the pitch almost on the same level as Ibra. One of his better matches today this year.

Loublaze

ATLien
Hope this performance doesn't earn him a start against Arsenal. Thats probably the best we'll see from him in a while and thats not saying much as it was merely a 'good' professional performance, not great or vintage. Still shocked he failed to score when Swansea let him run free in the box unmarked for several touches with the ball

Dobbs

A professional coach or manager would have rated Rooney's performance very highly. It may not have been as aesthetically pleasing as some would like, but he was central to everything good that we did, including all three goals. Football is a results based industry. Rooney helps us get them.
All the players help us get them.

I think he'll start up front against Arsenal but I think it'll be a mistake.

Phil Osophy

He has scored or assisted in almost every match he's started for us this season.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/3859/Fixtures/Wayne-Rooney

Leicester (CS), Bournemouth, Southampton, Hull, Fenerbahce home and away, and today against Swansea. He didn't produce in that run of games (City, Watford, Northampton) that ended with him on the bench, but he seems to be improving in the last weeks. 2 goals and 7 assists is not a bad return at this stage of the season.

That said, he needs to score more even if he doesn't play as a number 9. Today he had a good chance in the first minutes and scored a valid goal that was not allowed in the second half, but many times this season I don't remember a single chance. It's nice to be unselfish and all that, but he can't avoid responsibilities. Maybe it comes with a bit of confidence, but he needs to be more aggressive in that sense and I think he can do it.

I don't expect too much in terms of overall performances, that's why I think he's going to be a squad/rotation player, but he's still able to add numbers and unlock some matches here and there. I hope he makes good contributions in that regard so he can leave next summer with some dignity.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought he was excellent today, played a part in all three goals and worked hard for the team.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
No question he was more impressive there today than anyone else has been for weeks. If Ibra was ok for Arsenal, I'd have him in again. But he's not.

AXVnee7

He is still very quick when he runs at defenders with the ball. I thought he was quite good today, albeit his first touch is hot and cold. But he was otherwise pretty solid.

I wanted him dropped from the squad, but not excluded. He's got a chance and impressed, so he should retain his place for me, but on the wing not a striker which is where Rashford or Martial should be. Rooney has a very good goal scoring record against arsenal too.

Ludens the Red

He played okay but was very good in final third, but up against Bellerin and Walcott in that same position and it's a completely different story. If Rooney is given ample time and space and not closed down he can have impact, as he did today but Arsenal won't afford him that luxury.
We need to be smart about when and where we play him, and a good display against a Swansea shouldn't automatically mean a start in the following game regardless of opponent.

rooney1905

While the win I think shielded a few criticisms he wasn't any better than he has been in the past. He was slow and never seems to be aware a player is near him. This was a very bad Swansea side and he still gave the ball away countless times. There were some positives to his game and he did seem to drive forward a bit more than in the past but this was in no way a return to form. I would still prefer Martial over him on the left if fully fit.

Dobbs

Genuinely I feel a bit sorry for those who are still clinging onto the hope he can still perform to a high standard against top opposition. It's not Rooney's fault but you're going to be let down if your wish comes true and he starts against Arsenal.

Everybody looked better today guys. It wasn't a coincidence.

Parry Gallister

He was relatively decent today, some of the same problems were there (touch, being dispossessed), but without Tony to pass to he was much more positive and creative, hopefully England won't knock the form out of him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Played well enough to start the next game. Simple as that.
I agree with this. Mourinho has been managing him pretty well tbh.

Oh please, not this again! Swansea is not Arsenal. Please stop this!
Who else is playing better than him (Zlatan will be suspended) at the moment in attack ? Many members didn't like that he was getting multitude of undeserved playing minutes, now he's earned some with his play.

VP

He was ok but people are mad if they think he was MOTM.

Given how poor Swansea were, I actually think Rashford or Martial would've done better than Rooney had they started yesterday.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seems like Ibra needs Rooney to play to assist him, kidding. I thought he was very good yesterday. But with Ibra suspended next game, hopefully Mourinho will not put Rooney up top. Won't have any problem for him to start at LW though.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was ok but people are mad if they think he was MOTM.

Given how poor Swansea were, I actually think Rashford or Martial would've done better than Rooney had they started yesterday.
That's harsh in my opinion he looked rusty and gave the ball away needlessly but was part of a very good away performance that was much needed. Plus he came up with vital contributions. He deserves to keep his place but needs to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.