g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Wayne Rooney image 10

Wayne Rooney England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dichinero

I'm starting to think Dichinero's a Rooney 'fanboy' in disguise. I mean, they guy can't stop talking about him.

This is his quote in the 'Zlatan - Contract to be extended' thread.

See. He's been playing along all this time. We've got you Dichinero. You can give up the act now lad.

:lol:
You can talk about being a fanboy? It's probably the only think you known for on here! Pot calling a ceramic kettle black!

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
And some of our fans don't know what progression means. They are happy to keep themselves occupied with YouTube videos of yesteryears rather than face the fact! I wonder what they will support when the guy finally retires
What they will support?

fecking hell.

I was supporting United before Rooney joined.

And also, there is a distinction between wanting the team to progress and acting like an absolute idiot to our most decorated player currently playing with us.

I personally would prefer Rooney to start less matches but some people in this thread are embarrassing and give our fans a bad name.

Walters_19_MuFc

You can talk about being a fanboy? It's probably the only think you known for on here! Pot calling a ceramic kettle black!

Check my history, then check yours. It's actually frightening how much you go on about Rooney. If it's not this thread, it's another one. Sometimes, as I've just clearly pointed out, you mention him in a thread that has nothing to do with him. To me, that's an obsession.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I personally would prefer Rooney to start less matches but some people in this thread are embarrassing and give our fans a bad name.
What bad name are other fans calling us because of Rooney?

Walters_19_MuFc

What they will support?

fecking hell.

I was supporting United before Rooney joined.

And also, there is a distinction between wanting the team to progress and acting like an absolute idiot to our most decorated player currently playing with us.

Some people can't quite grasp that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd preferred your first quote. Nice to see you went with the funny version, though. You know what I'm talking about.
Yeh. On 2nd thought, what's the point. It wouldn't change anything. People just see what they want to see.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So you think alongside the new contract there wasn't conversations about where United wanted to be, who they wanted to sign etc that could have waylaid Rooney's concerns about the rest of his career?
No, because United didn't improve at all regarding signing big names after that contract was signed, and he signed another contract few years after, after wanting to leave again. So, either United lied to him that they will start signing top players, but he obviously didn't care since he signed another contract few years after - which means it was all about the money, or they never had the conversation - which means he only cared about the money, again.

Or is it possible that rooney just had a change of heart with after speaking with the club as opposed to his agent, not the first nor last player to do that (DDG is most fans favourite player yet wants away to Madrid given we don't look like winning much, but that's okay, he's not Rooney.)
No, the scenario isn't similar at all. And I am not suppoed to like Rooney just because I like de Gea. De Gea is also far better than him, so we are much better with him staying here than Rooney. Pretty stupid comparision.

Who we signed after the fact has very little relevance either as it wouldn't have been known at the time, having not... you know... happened.
As I said, he signed another contract few years after, if he cared whether United kept their promise regarding signing top players he wouldn't have signed new contract. Or asked to leave before signing that contract.

AndyJ1985

Check my history, then check yours. It's actually frightening how much you go on about Rooney. If it's not this thread, it's another one. Sometimes, as I've just clearly pointed out, you mention him in a thread that has nothing to do with him. To me, that's an obsession.
You're the 4th highest poster in this thread, and almost every post you've made is you defending him.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
What bad name are other fans calling us because of Rooney?
Do you really need me to list a number of adjectives to apply to fans who are disrespectful to their club captain (picked by our last 3 managers who are much more capable than anyone on this forum)

Also our most decorated player

Also, within touching distance, our highester ever goal scorer

Also, a human being who dedicated his career to us

I don't hold him as one of or greatest ever legends, but he deserves much more respect than this thread gives him. I'm frankly embarrassed.

Dobbs

Sometimes, as I've just clearly pointed out, you mention him in a thread that has nothing to do with him. To me, that's an obsession.
You in the IBRA thread:

Well he fecking should. People moan about Rooney, but Zlatan has been fecking shit and gets little to no criticism.
Rooney: 1 goal 3 assists in 5 PL games.
Here we go.

Comparing a Man Utd legend (Rooney) with a player who has been here for a few months.
And..... that if Rooney is worshipped by some on here then surely its justified, due to what hes done for our club.

Zlatans done feck all so far.
You were saying something about obsession?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I always wonder if there's a bit of a disparity in comments between game going fans and non.

Is there anyone who regularly goes to games who has real hate of Rooney?

I also wonder why people seem to massively glaze over Keane, Rio and no doubt others, doing very similar to what Rooney did, making the super implied thread to leave unless they got the "going rate".
Unless i'm massively overlooking the age range on here, and most weren't around for the Keane 50k a week demand however many years ago.

To me, with the scumbag agents involved, the whole thing is a game of brinkmanship. Rooney's agent just understanding his client's position of strength a bit more than others, and meeting very clever management from Fergie, in hyping all the pressure back on Rooney. Hence that super quick revisal, and subsequent contract signing, despite us not bringing in any stronger signings immediately.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I always wonder if there's a bit of a disparity in comments between game going fans and non.

I also wonder why people seem to massively glaze over Keane, Rio and no doubt others, doing very similar to what Rooney did, making the super implied thread to leave unless they got the "going rate".
Unless i'm massively overlooking the age range on here, and most weren't around for the Keane 50k a week demand however many years ago.

To me, with the scumbag agents involved, the whole thing is a game of brinkmanship. Rooney's agent just understanding his client's position of strength a bit more than others, and meeting very clever management from Fergie, in hyping all the pressure back on Rooney. Hence that super quick revisal, and subsequent contract signing, despite us not bringing in any stronger signings immediately.
Bingo.

Also there is no doubting he currently doesn't deserve his wage demands.

But when he signed his contract, or atleast the year or two before, he was deserved of our highest paid player at that time.

He's declined from then. But the hospitality towards him is unwarranted and unnecessary.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
And to put you right. Game going fans on the whole respect Rooney 100x more than some of the nonesense fans in this thread

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bingo.

But when he signed his contract, or atleast the year or two before, he was deserved of our highest paid player at that time.

He's declined from then. But the hospitality towards him is unwarranted and unnecessary.
Hospitality? Hostility? :lol:
I can't talk, I said thread when meaning threat

When Rooney first put that transfer request in, it was really shocking. I remember the media full of it, Fergie face like thunder, it was a disaster. Whereas Ronaldo went, it was like Rooney was an adopted one of our own, unthinkable to sell.

On a football note, everyone rejoiced at the signing.

But when Moyes gave him that monster long deal, it was a little different. Glad to keep him from Chelsea's clutches, but not quite the same shock impact/relief.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And to put you right. Game going fans on the whole respect Rooney 100x more than some of the nonesense fans in this thread
Well quite. When I go, I never hear anything anti Rooney.

Sparky10Legend

Bingo.

Agreed, i wouldnt welcome him to Manchester let alone Old Trafford.

*Chuffin hell, im waaaay late with that

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Do you really need me to list a number of adjectives to apply to fans who are disrespectful to their club captain (picked by our last 3 managers who are much more capable than anyone on this forum)

Also our most decorated player

Also, within touching distance, our highester ever goal scorer

Also, a human being who dedicated his career to us

I don't hold him as one of or greatest ever legends, but he deserves much more respect than this thread gives him. I'm frankly embarrassed.
What do you think United fans calling those Liverpool supporters when Gerrard was their captain in his latter diminishing years? Either they supported or opposed him, we'd still calling them fools.

So using what other fans think of us is a moot point.

Dobbs

These are replies from people that had already mentioned Rooney, whereas Rooney wasn't mentioned in the thread dichenero quoted. Big, big difference.

Do your research!
I don't see anybody else randomly posting Rooney's stats in the Ibra thread.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Compare Rooney's achievements for club to Gerrards.

Also ask any Liverpool supporter and they will only have good things to say.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.

Hospitality? Hostility? :lol:
I can't talk, I said thread when meaning threat

When Rooney first put that transfer request in, it was really shocking. I remember the media full of it, Fergie face like thunder, it was a disaster. Whereas Ronaldo went, it was like Rooney was an adopted one of our own, unthinkable to sell.

On a football note, everyone rejoiced at the signing.

But when Moyes gave him that monster long deal, it was a little different. Glad to keep him from Chelsea's clutches, but not quite the same shock impact/relief.
What do you think United fans calling those Liverpool supporters when Gerrard was their captain in his latter diminishing years? Either they supported or opposed him, we'd still calling them fools.

So using what other fans think of us is a moot point.
Yes hostility sorry, I'm posting off my phone and it autocorrected

Duafc

Village Lemon
No, because United didn't improve at all regarding signing big names after that contract was signed, and he signed another contract few years after, after wanting to leave again. So, either United lied to him that they will start signing top players, but he obviously didn't care since he signed another contract few years after - which means it was all about the money, or they never had the conversation - which means he only cared about the money, again.

No, the scenario isn't similar at all. And I am not suppoed to like Rooney just because I like de Gea. De Gea is also far better than him, so we are much better with him staying here than Rooney. Pretty stupid comparision.

As I said, he signed another contract few years after, if he cared whether United kept their promise regarding signing top players he wouldn't have signed new contract. Or asked to leave before signing that contract.

It's amazing that you know with absolute certainty what happened and more than that the reasons and motivations behind it.

Do you know next weeks lotto numbers?

Completely ignoring the clear likelihood that a discussion took place, revolving around money yes, but also Rooney's position in the club, the ambitions, the transfer policy and other innumerable things we aren't privy to. Except you seemingly were, to draw such concrete conclusions.

The De Gea comparison is only 'stupid' because you're comparing Rooney's worth now to De Geas worth now, that's just your own stupidity i'm afraid. Besides the fact that Rooney was an integral player in the first and even second contract renewal, their relative worth isn't the point.

However the very fact that your comfortable saying "player X can ask for more money and ask to go to a different club and it's okay because he's really good but when Player Y does it he's a fat chav cnut because he's shit these days" goes to show the hypocrisy in the argument.

Dress it up however you like, most don't want him to start, most would prefer him to leave this summer and that's totally fine and objective but those that can't manage anymore than bile and ridicule and deny the man any kind of respect, legacy or even a modicum of support are not the kind of fans I would like to be associated with.

Devil may care

Rooney and Manchester United is a business relationship, nothing more than that, it's why fans are so vitriolic, there's no connection beyond the business arrangement, he's used us and we used him, but he's no longer got anything to offer from his side of the deal and thus the business arrangement no longer serves any purpose to the club we love, so like any other business relationship not benefitting the club we want it terminated and he's directly in the way of this as he's in denial.

Conversely someone like Pat Evra has a real connection with the fans, so there's still a tinge of sadness that he's not here any more even though the PL was too much for him by the end of his time, same with someone like Rafael despite the fact he never really lived up the hope many of us had for him.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Yes hostility sorry, I'm posting off my phone and it autocorrected
That's hell of a smart phone, doing Freudian autocorrections. Consider getting rid of it before it gets worse when you text your boss, girlfriend or even parents!

dichinero

Rooney and Manchester United is a business relationship, nothing more than that, it's why fans are so vitriolic, there's no connection beyond the business arrangement, he's used us and we used him, but he's no longer got anything to offer from his side of the deal and thus the business arrangement no longer serves any purpose to the club we love, so like any other business relationship not benefitting the club we want it terminated and he's directly in the way of this as he's in denial.

Conversely someone like Pat Evra has a real connection with the fans, so there's still a tinge of sadness that he's not here any more even though the PL was too much for him by the end of his time, same with someone like Rafael despite the fact he never really lived up the hope many of us had for him.
Thank you!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This is the best he's played in some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.