5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He's as done as can be at this level but honestly, the beating he's taking from fans and some of the media isn't sitting right with me. He's been a great player for United up until about 2013.
No matter how much money these players earn they're still humans and if he has any sort of issue I hope he has some sensible people around him.
That's football fans for you. I feel like some people genuinely forget these players are human. At the end of the day this is a job for them and that money is their salary. By their logic not a single person living in a developed country should complain about anything because our lifestyles are so lavish compared to third world countries.

Going on a bit of a tangent here but people really don't respect sports stars/celebs because they are "rich and famous". Annoys me.

Loublaze

ATLien
I was at the game. Thought he was okay. Certainly better than Marcus today for me...
I don't see this. Rashford played at least two inch perfect crosses in the box that could've led to goals (although if I recall correctly Pogba was offside for one of those but he missed it with his head anyway). He wasn't much of a goal threat but made a good contribution. I don't see what Rooney did for you to say he had an overall better performance

Duafc

Village Lemon
That's football fans for you. I feel like some people genuinely forget these players are human. At the end of the day this is a job for them and that money is their salary. By their logic not a single person living in a developed country should complain about anything because our lifestyles are so lavish compared to third world countries.

Going on a bit of a tangent here but people really don't respect sports stars/celebs because they are "rich and famous". Annoys me.
Amazing that people really seem to hate our own players more than anyone else.

Twisted really.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Your fandom oft Ronaldo does, but it's alright if you don't understand it. ;)
Still hungry Wade? Surely you've got better things to do on a Saturday night than try repeatedly to drag someone else into this nonsense.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
His inability to grow a moustache, to go with the rest of his beard, really irritates me. He's 31 ffs.

Also, we seen every Arsenal player today at the peak of fitness. Muscles bulging out of their jerseys.
Rooney comes on, looking like he's just wolfed down a Pizza Hut.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
That was not a good performance, it was acceptable, and certainly better than the abject shit he serves up most days lately but good? No.

Sylar

Why does he take set pieces at all? Seriously.

Other than that, he was decent when he came on. Thats not good enough, but for him, thats as good as it will get imo. I actually do think it was a good run for the goal for Mata cos it cleared space for Mata (i honestly thought he would not make the run and just get in the way).

I think hes ok to bring on when were winning but not really useful when we need a goal. I do kinda wish he was on the left hand side rather than Rashford when 1-0 though.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Rooney came on and the passing became slicker. On the other hand I get the feeling that he raises his game when he feels that he has something to prove and he will regress in his next appearance.

dichinero

That was not a good performance, it was acceptable, and certainly better than the abject shit he serves up most days lately but good? No.
I guess you didn't read the memo on how to judge the England and Manchester United's captain and highest paid player.

Game 1: 7/10. 7 is the new baseline
Game 2: A 5/10 performance but let's call our a 5/7. 5 is the new baseline.
Game 3: 4/10 performance but let's call it a 4/5. 4 becomes the new baseline.

Get it now?

Ludens the Red

His inability to grow a moustache, to go with the rest of his beard, really irritates me. He's 31 ffs.

Also, we seen every Arsenal player today at the peak of fitness. Muscles bulging out of their jerseys.
Rooney comes on, looking like he's just wolfed down a Pizza Hut.
:lol:

Oaencha

When I read the SSN headline 'enough is enough' I was hoping he was referring to his performances. The guy is on 300k a week but is overweight, finished as a first team starter and I'm struggling to think of a game in the past four years when he has played an 8/10 game; he barely scrapes 6/10. He has given United many great years but deserves all the media backlash he is getting. In fact I would say it's long overdue considering the easy ride he's had over the past few years.

ZDwyr

He wasn't too bad. Acceptable performance. Don't mind him having the occasional cameo role.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I guess you didn't read the memo on how to judge the England and Manchester United's captain and highest paid player.

Get it now?
Wish someone had told me this earlier, what a fool I've been :lol:

Born2Lose

The sad truth is if this guy was at City or Chelsea we'd all be laughing at him.

The people who think yesterday was an acceptable performance from a player who earns over £200,000 per week have got the club they deserve at the minute.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Rooney came on and the passing became slicker. On the other hand I get the feeling that he raises his game when he feels that he has something to prove and he will regress in his next appearance.

That is exactly the point with Wayne. He should be doing it every week, not just when he feels he's been wronged. He is too satisfied with his lot. Watching Ronaldo last night and seeing that he still wants to be the best and thought of as the best pains me.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
My take on his performance. Some say he somehow created the goal by his clever movment. Maybe that has been the case. I dont want argue this. What i will argue is that he looked slow and tired 10 minutes after getting in the pitch. It was amazing to see a "top athleet" running that wat after just 10 minutes of effort.

Imho hes physically finished.

Djemba-Djemba

Get it now?
Haha exactly.

He didn't look a fat pub team player yesterday , as he has at various points in the last 18 months, but I could not understand how anyone could think he was good yesterday.

Now I've seen your scoring system though I now understand.

Minimalist

My take on his performance. Some say he somehow created the goal by his clever movment. Maybe that has been the case. I dont want argue this. What i will argue is that he looked slow and tired 10 minutes after getting in the pitch. It was amazing to see a "top athleet" running that wat after just 10 minutes of effort.

Imho hes physically finished.
It's been the same from the start of the season. His general fitness and evidence of 'workrate' is shocking - he's not even fecking playing 90 minutes anymore and he looks punctured!

Last edited:

donkeyfish

Anyone else aghast at that free kick near the end, when he bobbled the ball behind Herrera, while our players were all waiting in the box? :lol:
Martial had one in the first half as well, I think we planned it in advance. I think Arse has conceded 0 goals from headers this season, so perhaps not such a stupid idea. The execution was dreadful however, both of them.

Heista

Supports
Ajax
I am not a long time United fan, nor am I a Rooney fanboy, but:

I am a bit appalled by the way (I guess I could call most people here) fans are talking about him.
Even if he isn't performing as he should be performing..
Even if he cannot regain a level that is first team material worthy..
Even if he lost his touch..
Even if he only gives hollywood passes..
Even than should you not be so disrespectful of what probably in the rest of the world is thought of as a United Legend.

It doesn't mean you can't criticize him or call a bad performance a bad performance, but the way some people talk about his person is downright shameful and if such things would happen at my club I'd say the namecallers either need to sort their own life out or I'd probably not consider them real fans.

I know footbal is emotion, but maybe then you should just cry in your own little corner and shut up.

Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest and sorry for my bad English.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum

I am a bit appalled by the way (I guess I could call most people here) fans are talking about him.
Even than should you not be so disrespectful of what probably in the rest of the world is thought of as a United Legend.

It doesn't mean you can't criticize him or call a bad performance a bad performance, but the way some people talk about his person is downright shameful and if such things would happen at my club I'd say the namecallers either need to sort their own life out or I'd probably not consider them real fans.

I know footbal is emotion, but maybe then you should just cry in your own little corner and shut up.

A lot of us feel as you do.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I'd feel the same if he had treated the club with more respect during his time here. It also doesn't help his self serving, Rooney first, can do no wrong attitude.

He's got no good will left with me and can feck off, quite frankly.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
When he has enough respect for the club not to get paralytic when he can't even play for 20 mins without being exhausted then he can expect respect In return

CG1010

Once he retires or atleast leaves United, people will start remembering his good times with us more compared to the last few years and he would be viewed more favourably. Until then, its natural that people are preoccupied with his current performances for us.

AndyJ1985

People are entitled to think he's a massive bellend, just as you're entitled to get precious and feel bad about the abuse poor Rooney is receiving.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ye, just forget the other 12 years. Deary me.
When he has enough respect for the club not to question the quality of the squad and the club's ambitions.

When he has enough respect not to put in a transfer request.

When he has enough respect to not court our City rivals.

When he has enough respect not to get too drunk during the festive fixtures.

When he has enough respect to hold his tongue and keep club affairs away from journalists when on international duty.

When he has enough respect not to decide he "has to be selfish now" and play in the position he wants.

When he has enough respect for his manager to play the position and role he is told to play without moaning to the press.

When he has enough respect for the midfielders at the club to not assume that Wayne Rooney deserves the chance to prolong his career here by playing instead of them.

Walters_19_MuFc

When he has enough respect for the club not to question the quality of the squad and the club's ambitions.

When he has enough respect not to put in a transfer request.

When he has enough respect to not court our City rivals.

When he has enough respect not to get too drunk during the festive fixtures.

When he has enough respect to hold his tongue and keep club affairs away from journalists when on international duty.

When he has enough respect not to decide he "has to be selfish now" and play in the position he wants.

When he has enough respect for his manager to play the position and role he is told to play without moaning to the press.

When he has enough respect for the midfielders at the club to not assume that Wayne Rooney deserves the chance to prolong his career here by playing instead of them.
Are you still going on about the transfer request? Fecking hell. Get over it! He stayed, and is still here. Bet if you had the chance to get rid of him now you wouldn't think twice, though. Hypocrite!

dichinero

Ye, just forget the other 12 years. Deary me.
Oh dear, Rooney did that out of the generosity of his heart, did he? Good thing we signed him at a bargain price and under paid him for his time here. People keep on acting like Rooney made us. We made Rooney, not the other way round. Fergie would have been as successful with or without Rooney and if you don't believe that then too bad. It has always been strictly business between United and Rooney, nothing more.

Nobody can deny his achievements and I appreciate him fir that. But I have no respect for the guy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.