g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Wayne Rooney image 10

Wayne Rooney England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
As most of them likely behaved themselves, I wonder how they feel if Captain Flabtastic loses them that perk?
But behaving well or not, you surely shouldn't be on a night out regardless? Unless my threshold to what constitutes as a nightout is rather low.

Djemba-Djemba

It's just astonishing that after managing to find his way back into the starting 11 for Utd and England, he goes and gets absolutely steaming drunk and photographed. You'd think being dropped by Utd and England and finally getting called out for his shitty performances he'd have got his head down and really started working his socks off.

What an utter fecking moron.

PepsiCola

It's past time we move him on from the club now.

As mentioned by a poster, it will allow some to come from his shadow and become the leader we are missing this season.

Sylar

I do like how some people will defend him regardless of what happens but miss the point entirely (normally defending him by deflecting it by comparing him to others). The biggest problem is hes been treated as the biggest start for England and United despite not being that for years now and its been detrimental to progressing.

For me he epitomises everything wrong weve seen post Fergie. No, its not just him, but hes a huge problem.
And yes, I respect him for what hes done for the club, but it really is time to move on. I honestly believe Joses season will be determined by how much he does (or doesnt) use him and / or protect him rather than treating him like any other player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
England need to take this chance to drop him from captain.

That way he doesn't have to keep starting even if his form is crap. He clearly feels too safe at the moment, untouchable as captain for both club and country. Only when he is really tested and pressured have we seen the real Rooney come out for a few games.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
It's just astonishing that after managing to find his way back into the starting 11 for Utd and England, he goes and gets absolutely steaming drunk and photographed. You'd think being dropped by Utd and England and finally getting called out for his shitty performances he'd have got his head down and really started working his socks off.

What an utter fecking moron.
True.

Sad to see a childhood hero end up like this.

Sparky10Legend

I do like how some people will defend him regardless of what happens but miss the point entirely (normally defending him by deflecting it by comparing him to others). The biggest problem is hes been treated as the biggest start for England and United despite not being that for years now and its been detrimental to progressing.

For me he epitomises everything wrong weve seen post Fergie. No, its not just him, but hes a huge problem.
And yes, I respect him for what hes done for the club, but it really is time to move on. I honestly believe Joses season will be determined by how much he does (or doesnt) use him and / or protect him rather than treating him like any other player.

I said in another thread that more than 10 starts for Rooney and we won't make top 4.

wr8_utd

:'(
But, but....it was Swansea...
Starting against giants like Burnley and Stoke is a bit above his difficulty level I guess. Either way, that remark made no sense because we've been struggling to win even without Rooney. We've started Burnley, Stoke, Leicester, Liverpool and Chelsea without him and have 1 win there.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is a bit like when Brophs argued with himself.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
What a load of tosh

Any decent salary man and even labor worker has to come to work sober. Let alone getting pissed up mid week and there's people think that's ok? Try getting to work in a hungover and tell me you're doing your job.
I used to work on the railway.
My employers used to perform random drug/alcohol tests on staff and if tested positive...instant dismissal. No if's no but's. you're fired!!!

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Cheers for that.

Yeah I personally will be very surprised to see Rooney playing any part at the weekend. If he does play, and play badly, the furore from United fans would be unprecedented.
If he plays badly, Jose will effectively be throwing Rooney to the wolves. Perhaps Jose may use this to put the final nails in the coffin of Rooney's MUFC career.
It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I would argue that AC Milan from the early 90's would completely destroy modern 'ultra-fit' teams.
I doubt it mate.
Every sport where performance can be measured against a constant (eg, distance, time, height, weight measurement, etc), shows that sports people are getting faster/stronger and more skillful, with the progression of time.

If you check over the last 5 years, several world records have been broken on track and field athletics. For example, the Mens 100M world record currently stands at 9.58s. In 1995, the world record stood at 9.85s.
Whenever you put an athlete of 2016, against an athlete of the same sport and same ranking, as 2-3 decades ago, the modern athlete will almost always win.

The only time people say, "the team/sportsman of yesteryear is better than the modern equivalent", is when there is no constant measurement. But the moment you have a constant measurement (which can be used to accurately compare the 2 athletes), the modern athlete will almost always win.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

That way he doesn't have to keep starting even if his form is crap. He clearly feels too safe at the moment, untouchable as captain for both club and country. Only when he is really tested and pressured have we seen the real Rooney come out for a few games.
I don't care about England. I want him stripped of the MUFC captaincy, so there is less pressure to play him in games.
The problem is that our standards have fallen so low that even players with drinking problems get into our starting XI.

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
If he plays badly, Jose will effectively be throwing Rooney to the wolves. Perhaps Jose may use this to put the final nails in the coffin of Rooney's MUFC career.
It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
I think Jose has already made his mind up in regards to Rooney. It's just the case of handl

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

He's been under relentless pressure for the last two years and still struggled.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Anyone else aghast at that free kick near the end, when he bobbled the ball behind Herrera, while our players were all waiting in the box? :lol:

Jev

Thought he was decent and lively. He should have started over Martial or Rashford.

Count Orduck

Wasn't his worst performance this season by a long shot. Showed some nice touches and passes. Not sure that's good enough for it to be a good idea to use him as an impact sub, but it's an improvement over his recent form which a good sign.

Probably a 5 or 6 out of 10 for him.

Zoo

Thought he did pretty well. Looks sharp in the past 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.