5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

facund

Some really good (un-Rooneyesque) pieces of control and one cracking crossfield ball. Not a bad cameo but he needs to quit wasting so much time bitching to the ref as it only helps the opposition.

PepsiCola

Didn't do much bad, but doesn't offer much either.

That free kick at the end was silly

red4ever 79

If that is a striker coming on and doing well then I am done. No shots, no threats at goals, no chances created. He looked gassed after 10 mins. His freekick at the end alone means he shouldnt be anywhere near the first team

Devil may care

He looks like a washed up MMA fighter that pops up in straight to DVD action movies starring Steven Segal. Had one good cross, shouted a lot and offered nothing as an actual #9, the role he was supposed to be playing.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was good, didn't do anything wrong. But ffs, keep him away from the set pieces

Zlaatan

Parody Account
If that is a striker coming on and doing well then I am done. No shots, no threats at goals, no chances created. He looked gassed after 10 mins. His freekick at the end alone means he shouldnt be anywhere near the first team
Was the low cross right in between the keeper and defence not a threat or a created chance? It's one toe away from a 2-0.

I think he did well in the hold up play, didn't get on the end of any scoring chances but neither did Rashford IIRC.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wayne Rooney of old today, according to sky sports.
Can you imagine what it must be like to never do anything wrong in the eyes of so many? It's no wonder he never apologises.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yep. Couldn't bother chasing the ball anymore. He's done as an impact sub. The only impact he has is allowing Arsenal to have a high-line defence because no way he could out-sprint anyone.

kidbob

Not defending him but that cross was amazing and yet again we've no one attacking the back post. It's so frustrating the lack of players in the box.

criticalanalysis

His positional sense is awful, comes deep too ofen as the lead striker, must sell even though he was half decent today
Apart from his inconsistent touch and general lack of cutting edge, I actually thought his positioning was the best thing about him, this game. We had a focal point and it lead to some nice exchanges.

Still not good enough bearing in mind.

studs

Rooney defies nature and goes from been a Butterfly to a Caterpillar.

red4ever 79

Was the low cross right in between the keeper and defence not a threat or a created chance? It's one toe away from a 2-0.

I think he did well in the hold up play, didn't get on the end of any scoring chances but neither did Rashford IIRC.
At least Rashford with his pace and movement brings the CB out wide and he can get in behind them. Rooney reminds me of RIck Flair having one last match. Was great in his prime, but jesus christ son its over

AXVnee7

Very productive performance... That cross was absolutely sublime and it deserved a finish. If he produces like that more often, I'd like to see him back in the team more often.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
At least Rashford with his pace and movement brings the CB out wide and he can get in behind them. Rooney reminds me of RIck Flair having one last match. Was great in his prime, but jesus christ son its over
It was more to put emphasis on the fact that we didn't set up our CF to score a whole lot today, and I agree about Rashford's movement vs Rooney.
I'm just tired of people's refusal to say anything positive at all when it comes to players they don't like, and Rooney is obviously the biggest target with this.

I really don't rate Smalling for example but at least I'm honest enough to give him credit when he does something well.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Whereas Giroud comes on and scores. Thats what I want the strikers to offer
Yeah, we can only make ourselves worse by making subs and it's massively annoying.

Rooney better than normal, but still didn't do anything. If that's his top level then he's still not good enough to even be a sub.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Played really well with his sub. Glad it wasnt a step back from Swansea 2 weeks ago.

Edit: free kick at the end was shit though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He reminds me of goku when he first went super saiyan 3. Great for 5 minutes, strong and quick. Completely burns out and is treading water after that.

He just doesn't have the energy to run around anymore. Can't believe he looked knackered after 20?

His touch and link up play was better atleast today. Nice cross too.

nick2004

Rooney helped with the goal, too. Three defenders followed him and his movement left Mata open to score.

His confidence is not as good as it used to be, but I am sure he will regain it, and by April he will be one of our best players this year.

PepsiCola

Rooney helped with the goal, too. Three defenders followed him and his movement left Mata open to score.

His confidence is not as good as it used to be, but I am sure he will regain it, and by April he will be one of our best players this year.
What world do you live in?

Rossa

You do love your Rooney. If anything, he seems far too confident and should rather start doubting his contributions.

That first paragraph is just amazing. I'm sure Blind also kept one of their defenders wide.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

1 new email.
Sender: Kim Jong-un
Subject: PR Position

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's as done as can be at this level but honestly, the beating he's taking from fans and some of the media isn't sitting right with me. He's been a great player for United up until about 2013.
No matter how much money these players earn they're still humans and if he has any sort of issue I hope he has some sensible people around him.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

:lol:

Duafc

Village Lemon
Thought he was good on the ball when he came on, he'd it up well, touch was sharper than it has been most of this season and some very good passing.

I do however think we started sitting back because he and others couldn't press effectively. Ultimately cost us.

I wouldn't start him most games but I still think he's a valuable player for us.

As usual there's a core of people on here who's posts are 90% bashing Rooney. Genuinely wonder why they bother watching United the tiresome bastards.

Acole9

Outstanding
1 new email.
Sender: Kim Jong-un
Subject: PR Position
:lol: The comments on Sky after were ludicrous after the match, I thought he offered nothing when he came on. The only time I saw him move was when he kept running over to the ref to complain.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Apart from one or two moments, thought he was pretty average. When they started looking for that equaliser, he was jogging around, not hassling their players whatsoever. As old as Ibra is, he does try to close down if his old legs permit. He was much too casual for me in most instances.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
You do love your Rooney. If anything, he seems far too confident and should rather start doubting his contributions.

That first paragraph is just amazing. I'm sure Blind also kept one of their defenders wide.
De gea occupied Giroud, he should get an assist for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.