5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He wasn't brilliant, but he wasn't bad either. Done ok, and made another important contribution with his assist today.

People will say it was a 5 yard pass, but the run that lead up to it was good and opened up a lot of room.
Oh feck off.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Good defensive performance. But to be honest I don't need a 350k/week guy to play like he did today. He deserves the record and I hope he gets it asap. We should try to ship him out end of the year.

dichinero

He's just...meh! He's not been "Sprayed Wane"" terrible but Ok is just not good enough

SirScholes

Another great assist for his great performance @SirScholes @Sparky10Legend :lol:

That 5 yard pass before Zlatans wonderstrike will chalk up his assists beautifully and add to another great performance :drool:
Not sure when your posts became so sarcastic, see where as I'm pleased about the performance of the team as a whole others I bet couldn't wait to come and post comments like that.
Slow clap.
Leading team in assists still, but only in the Rooney thread will you find it being used as a negative, that's me out here.
Won't be reading replies, ggmu

m1tch

We've got away with it by starting him the last two games. Let's not push our luck and just play our better players going forward though please.
He's done ok, he's done the job you'd expect of a squad player, just have to put out of your mind that he's not on squad player money.

m1y2

We've got away with it by starting him the last two games. Let's not push our luck and just play our better players going forward though please.
He's done ok, he's done the job you'd expect of a squad player, just have to put out of your mind that he's not on squad player money.
this.

I also don't think he was bad today but let's not overpraise him because of his atrocious performances this year. Lingard was comfortably better today and he's a squad player for me, we should try to play martial has completely into form or give a chance to depay or Mata who defo doesnt deserve to be benched and is much better than rooney even played out wide

Sylar

I did laugh when Rashford ran the length of the pitch, passed it to him eventually, then his first touch meant his second touch ended up being a sliding tackle.

He did well at covering LB though. Id rather he came on than Rashford for the left wing when defending a 1-0 lead cos you know he will at least help out and do a better job. Rather Rashford comes on to push up top.

wr8_utd

:'(
He's not going ot be a starter for us and that's fair enough but when he's come in he's doing a job for us. I thought he'd be poor today without Mkhi and Mata to play with but he had an all right game. His defensive work was also pretty important on that side to help Darmian. As long as he does more than Martial and Rashford on that wing, he'll get chances.

dichinero

Squad player for closing out games is the best place for him at this moment imo, when the squad is fit. Rather him than Fellaini which isn't exactly special but yea.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Like it or not, but he does give the side a presence just by being on the pitch during away games. It's weird but psychologically we need him during the first half of away games even though he's a hindrance in many respects too.

prath92

I see most of the reports on Twitter and newspapers (missed the game) say he did well but on here he is just average.

Fracture90

He was the victim of tactics tonight. Him on the LW with Darmian on LB means only one thing - defend.

Dion

Misleading though.

Besides that cross to Ibra, most have been lay-offs where the recipient is doing most of the work.
Hence why every other attacking midfielder in the league has loads of assists.

Getting in those positions is a talent.

prath92

Misleading though.

Besides that cross to Ibra, most have been lay-offs where the recipient is doing most of the work.
He was excellent for Rashford's goal vs Hull, ibra's goal vs Southampton and ibra's first goal vs Swansea.

Rossa

Wayne Rooney has now registered 5 Premier League assists this season, as many as Mesut Ozil, David Silva and Eden Hazard combined.

Retweeted by Squawka :lol::lol:
A couple of poor first touches and giving the ball to Zlatan on the edge of the box is still registered as an assist. Good to see, no matter.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He was excellent for Rashford's goal vs Hull, ibra's goal vs Southampton and ibra's first goal vs Swansea.
Yeah we've established he's had 3 assists this season, five 3 yard passes 20+ yards from goal and one complete miss hit off his knee which bounced 12 feet in the air and was nodded in at the back post by Zlatan.

prath92

Yeah we've established he's had 3 assists this season, five 3 yard passes 20+ yards from goal and one complete miss hit off his knee which bounced 12 feet in the air and was nodded in at the back post by Zlatan.
That's not really true. He had 5 assists in the PL, 3 of which were excellent

Vs Hull for rashford
Vs Southampton for Ibra
Vs Swansea for ibra (his second goal not first)

The other two seem to be

Vs Swansea for ibra (his first goal)
Vs west brom for ibra

Both were excellent finishes by ibra but he was very good in the buildup to it getting to the ball holding it up and playing the pass.

His other assists seem to be

Vs feyenoord cut back for mata
Vs fenerbache lay-off for lingard
Vs zorya miskick for ibra

Overall I would say just one of them is in the 'lucky to get it' category (zorya). Others the finishes were brilliant but Rooney did more than his part overall.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
That's not really true. He had 5 assists in the PL, 3 of which were excellent

Vs Hull for rashford
Vs Southampton for Ibra
Vs Swansea for ibra (his second goal not first)

The other two seem to be

Vs Swansea for ibra (his first goal)
Vs west brom for ibra

Both were excellent finishes by ibra but he was very good in the buildup to it getting to the ball holding it up and playing the pass.

His other assists seem to be

Vs feyenoord cut back for mata
Vs fenerbache lay-off for lingard
Vs zorya miskick for ibra

Overall I would say just one of them is in the 'lucky to get it' category (zorya). Others the finishes were brilliant but Rooney did more than his part overall.

It was a joke on here a while back that someone would use those assists in an argument for him at some point :lol:

1 Feyenoord: Great assist, good cutback.
2 Swansea: 3 yards pass to Ibra who struck it in from 20 yards and another 3 yard pass to Ibra who did all the work to finish it again.
1 Fenerbahce: Another 5 yard pass on the edge of the area for matter to strike it in from 20 yards.
1 Zorya: A completely scuffed shot off his shin that Zlatan headed in at the near post

1 Hull: a good cross from the left hand side.
1 Leicester: A pass to Lingard on the half way line who Messi'd his way to goal.
1 Southampton: A floated cross for Ibra.

That's 5 assists out of his 8 where he was either extremely lucky with a scuffed shot or just a simple 5 yard pass under no pressure outside the area that was followed by a wonder strike or dribble from the receiver.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
1 Feyenoord: Great assist, good cutback.
2 Swansea: 3 yards pass to Ibra who struck it in from 20 yards and another 3 yard pass to Ibra who did all the work to finish it again.
1 Fenerbahce: Another 5 yard pass on the edge of the area for matter to strike it in from 20 yards.
1 Zorya: A completely scuffed shot off his shin that Zlatan headed in at the near post

1 Hull: a good cross from the left hand side.
1 Leicester: A pass to Lingard on the half way line who Messi'd his way to goal.
1 Southampton: A floated cross for Ibra.

That's 5 assists out of his 8 where he was either extremely lucky with a scuffed shot or just a simple 5 yard pass under no pressure outside the area that was followed by a wonder strike or dribble from the receiver.
I've quoted this because as the season progresses, his defenders will keep mentioning "but Rooney has made many assists", so we need to be able to pull this out in reply.
Rooney did have about 4-5 decent games for us, but today (WBA) and against CP (last game), he was pretty average. Not bad...but average.

prath92

This is mostly incorrect though

For instance Swansea he received a ball from Carrick turns past a Swansea player takes the ball forward and then passes it forward past two defenders to Zlatan who scores after being 1v1 with the keeper (good finish though) yet you make it seem as if he has passed it sideways from halfline and zlatan took the ball till the goal himself

Similarly he received the ball and laid it off to lingard who scored vs fenerbache is which for me is a legit assist as lay offs have to be perfectly weighted for the finish to be good and it was.

The 2 (today and Swansea) for ibra also he was involved quite heavily in the buildup and ultimately the goal was completely down to zlatan but Rooney played a key part in it.

Overall he has 2 assists he doesn't deserve of his 9 (Including the CS which I didn't include) which would probably be the case for the likes of Ozil and all too

lsd

The Oracle
This is why assists shouldn't be taken seriously .. Most of Rooney's so called assists this season have been laughably poor play from him that Zlaton somehow converted into goals

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It looks like he is trying his best this year to show how skewed assist stats can be. :lol:

Done ok, and made another important contribution with his assist today.
Okay, this is the new low for Rooney fans here. Him losing the ball is now counted as an assist too.

The White Pele

No doubt that 4 or 5 of his "assists" this season aren't really assists.

This is why assists shouldn't be taken seriously .. Most of Rooney's so called assists this season have been laughably poor play from him that Zlaton somehow converted into goals
Only the Zorya one could really be called poor play. And even that was an awkward volley when he had just come off the bench.

The White Pele

It looks like he is trying his best this year to show how skewed assist stats can be. :lol:

Okay, this is the new low for Rooney fans here. Him losing the ball is now counted as an assist too.
Watch the video above. He didn't lose the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.