5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

prath92

i thought he was good in the second half. that bit of play to mkhi in the buildup to mkhis goal. his pass to mkhi which mkhi should have finished. the excellent corner which led to basti's goal etc. certainly better than mata

TypeR

Not sure what the problem is, but it's blatantly obvious that his legs have gone in the past 2-3 years. It was painfully obvious during the Martial-Rooney-Miki counter. Even 2-3 years ago, you'd see Rooney burst into the box after starting the counter, where today he was left for dead by Miki and Martial on either side after starting the passage of play. You could tell he was trying to bust a lung, but the play just went by him.

Offers nothing at this point, other than the dead balls. I can't even see him popping up late in the box to nick a goal 4-5 times a season like he normally does. He's completely gone off the cliff, and done as a top-level player.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Made his experience tell by trying to see out the game while it was 4.01pm and 0-0.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You can see he still has ideas but his body is failing him.
Watching him turn is painful. I've seen 15 stone CBs turn quicker.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Exactly this. He still has his moments, like the one where he crossed to Mkhi. It's just that those moments are becoming rarer due to his body

Roboc7

Along with fellaini he was awful, fellaini at least made a significant contribution though. Be amazed if rooney is here next season.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Sunday Supplement seem to think he's off.
In any case, I've been saying for months that this is his last season with us. More and more convinced with every passing week.
Can't see him going any time soon. Players Mourinho think are off tend to not play, whereas out of our last 15 matches, Rooney's been involved in 10 (started 7, subbed on for 3), been on the bench for 1, been injured for 3 and been suspended for the other. Can't see it being about putting him in the shop window either as China would be after him regardless.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't see him going any time soon. Players Mourinho think are off tend to not play, whereas out of our last 15 matches, Rooney's been involved in 10 (started 7, subbed on for 3), been on the bench for 1, been injured for 3 and been suspended for the other. Can't see it being about putting him in the shop window either as China would be after him regardless.
On the other hand, if both he and the club felt it was in everyone's interest that he leaves, I can't see him being frozen out cause of that, considering what he's done for he club. That being said, I very much doubt, he's off this window.

manunited1919

At least it didn't hurt us too much to carry a passenger today. I guess that's why people say he was fine today.

Sylar

Yep, his body isnt really reacting to what his mind is thinking, it seems. I think the only place hes looked decent this season is on the left, and even there I think we have better plays than him.

surf

He's not making much of a case to get back into the first choice XI. Will be interesting to see whether he gets on the field at all for the league cup final.

Ashley R1+O

Played very well in the second half, like the bromance he has going on with Bastian. Two very high quality leaders there. Very handy to have another selfless player who can play all across the front three, another thing that is being taken for granted slightly I feel.

RedPnutz

Rooney is a 60-65/100 player these days and today's performance was a 6/10, so par for the course.

Stringer

Played very well in the second half, like the bromance he has going on with Bastian. Two very high quality leaders there. Very handy to have another selfless player who can play all across the front three, another thing that is being taken for granted slightly I feel.
If that second half performance was very good then our standards have fallen through the floor. He contributed almost nothing in a half when we scored three goals against bloody Wigan. As for the selfless comment just :lol:, the man is paid an incredible amount of money and his performances have fallen off a cliff. He does a mediocre job at best these days no matter where he is picked. The only one who should be grateful is Rooney.

Ashley R1+O

If that second half performance was very good then our standards have fallen through the floor. He contributed almost nothing in a half when we scored three goals against bloody Wigan. As for the selfless comment just :lol:, the man is paid an incredible amount of money and his performances have fallen off a cliff. He does a mediocre job at best these days no matter where he is picked. The only one who should be grateful is Rooney.
What are you going on about? We just beat fodder 4-0 where everyone played pretty solid and got the job done. Rooney hasn't complained at all about being dropped or playing in multiple positions so I have no idea what you're going on about there either. Keep on rockin in the free world yelling about how shite he is all day if that's what makes you feel special, I prefer to look at the positives in general when assessing the situation and give my opinions based around the scope as a whole.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What are you going on about? We just beat fodder 4-0 where everyone played pretty solid and got the job done. Rooney hasn't complained at all about being dropped or playing in multiple positions so I have no idea what you're going on about there either. Keep on rockin in the free world yelling about how shite he is all day if that's what makes you feel special, I prefer to look at the positives in general when assessing the situation and give my opinions based around the scope as a whole.
Played very well isn't looking at the positives, he didn't play very well, he did ok.

OohAahMartial

Struck me as anything but a categoric refusal regarding Rooney to China by Jose in the post match press conference at the end. Was more deflection. It's clear anyway that if Rooney wants to go he can. But not clear yet that Rooney wants to go. Expect this story to run for another month.

Stringer

Calm down. I simply said Rooney hasn't been 'selfless' as he has no right to dictate where he plays based on his performances this season and shouldn't be given credit for it. The reason he's been moved around is due to his poor play.

And he didn't play 'very well'. Simple as that but carry on ranting.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Struck me as anything but a categoric refusal regarding Rooney to China by Jose in the post match press conference at the end. Was more deflection. It's clear anyway that if Rooney wants to go he can. But not clear yet that Rooney wants to go. Expect this story to run for another month.
By the end of Feb we'd have had the league cup final, the 5th round of the FA cup, and the last 32 of the Europa.

Could be a time to go.
But most likely the summer.

Ra5hid

Although the Premier League transfer deadline is 11pm on Tuesday, the Chinese Super League remains open for transfer business until 28 February.

So, there is another month for Rooney to leave United for China.

Strats

As his situation and status in the squad is at the moment, i'm very surprised he didn't put in a bigger effort to prove himself to be somewhat closer to our primary starting line up.

Even a partly unfit(I think he looked liked he had improved his fitness a little bit compared to the beginning of the season) Schweinsteiger who made his first start in ages put in a bigger effort and based on that performance should now be in a position to rotate with Carrick more often in my opinion.

If he can't prove himself to perform when he needs to, not just for himself as in improving his chances to play, but also for the team since we have a tendency to struggle to score. There is no way he is the right player to help us climp in the table this season or helping us moving forward in the future.

He has had an fantastic career here and I wouldn't have liked to se his reputation become worse with the fans than what it is. I think going to China for a year or so and then finishing his career with Phil Jagielka and Gareth Barry would be an impressive end of it all.

Ashley R1+O

Calm down.
I'm quite calm.

I simply said Rooney hasn't been 'selfless' as he has no right to dictate where he plays based on his performances this season and shouldn't be given credit for it.
Well you would be flat out wrong and drawing a desperately long bow trying to back up and credit your argument. He does indeed have a right to dictate where he plays if he feels so, being a long serving and high profile asset to the club. Scratching the surface of the situation on a theoretical level. If he did want to flex his muscle on that aspect he'd have grounds to within the organizational structure and be going up against Jose wanting to manage the situation as he sees fit. Jose's management of Rooney only goes in one direction to align with the position that he hasn't once complained about being dropped and then benched, moved around positions for the benefit of the team and come up with productive contributions per appearance. Some of the better numbers in the team this season.

It would be a stretch to describe this as anything but selfless. Even if an argument was to be made about his profile and his wages, he is still an important asset to the club for the manager to deal with.

The reason he's been moved around is due to his poor play.
The real reason probably lies somewhere between Jose's tactical philosophy and his ability to manage a squad. The ball is in Jose's court to utlize as he sees fit given the nature of managing the squad he has adapted the situation to his benefit actually garnering some production out of Rooney in various scenarios.

And he didn't play 'very well'. Simple as that but carry on ranting.
He played very well, it is as simple as that. You're just having a bit of a mare and are desperate to thought police somebodies opinion over a minor detail because you don't agree for whatever reason, essentially lashing out and attempting to make it personal. It is not, we don't agree and that is fine. There is no ranting here to speak of.

Last edited:
Man Utd 0:0 Hull City

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
One waste of a sub coming on once more, and I dont understand how he's our go-to sub. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but he offers nothing anymore.

DatGuyRich

His constant shouting at the officials is fecking annoying. Every fecking game he does it, guys a complete joke

Roboc7

Poor decision to bring him on, was useless at the weekend and useless tonight.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Can't believe Mourinho decided to bring him on instead of martial

klayton88

What was the logic behind him coming in? What was he supposed to offer us?

Status
Not open for further replies.