5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_G

Hard to see how you can atch the first half and think the game needs Rooney. I mean he wasn't bad, one or two decent moments but otherwise he was really not contributing a whole load. Feels a bit at times that Jose is relying on individual moments from players rather than trying to play for the win hence why Rooney is usually first option or Ibra/Pogba are untouchable.

ottosec

Absolute shit as usual. I wonder what goes through Mourinho's head when we need a goal and he brings on Rooney...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Don't understand how he was the first sub vs Liverpool and today

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I'd rather sub off Carrick and replace him with no one. Atleast that'll give to opponent something to think about.

Moonred

We were shit today. Rooney came on and we remained shit. I'd be miserable if it wasn't for his hysterical airshot which was more or less the best aspect of watching that game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Why does Mourinho bring him on? He contributes virtually nothing. Its clear to everyone that Rooney is done at this level. He's capable of moments of magic but he can't put in a solid performance over an extended period of time. Its got to the point where I am surprised when Rooney doesn't lose the ball with his second touch. For everyone's sake he should head off to the MLS or China in July. If he keeps huffing and puffing people will forget the player he was and just remember what he is now.

El Jefe

His constant shouting at the officials is fecking annoying. Every fecking game he does it, guys a complete joke
When you have next to nothing to offer the team a bit of passion looks good for the cameras.

He's absolutely fecking shot. He finally managed to stumble over the line to break the record so I see no reason he should play an important game let alone come on as an impact sub.

Ixion

That goal against Stoke really papered over an awful performance and caused everyone to focus on the record rather than what he actually contributes these days, another anonymous performance.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Carrick was playing pretty well. Swapping him for Rooney basically killed the game. Rooney offered us nothing any other decent footballer could give.

ZDwyr

If you got points for moaning to the ref Wayne would have us leading the league. That's about all he does these days. Probably because he is so gassed after doing a few sprints that he wants to slow the play down and recover.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not sure what your point is. However I'm sure the aim is to somehow defend another indefensible performance. It's always interesting to watch you try.
My point is that we were just as bad, if not worse without him. I said that. No point going in fecking circles all night. So i'm going to end it here because I can't be bothered, if I'm being totally honest.

Art Vandelay

We were a bag of shit in the first half without him. Who were people blaming then?
That's missing the point. It's not that he's to blame, it's sending him on when he's been utter shit for three years and watching him continue to be shit. No matter how bad everyone else was, this is the Rooney performance thread and people are talking about his performance not being good enough. Again.

Dobbs

My point is that we were just as bad, if not worse without him. I said that. No point going in fecking circles all night. So i'm going to end it here because I can't be bothered, if I'm being totally honest.
You've used that argument many times before. Genuinely I've still no idea what it's got to do with Rooney's performance.

PepsiCola

The point is he didn't really improve the side coming on and rarely does, great freekick against Stoke aside.

Bringing him on meant we had to sacrifice bringing on one of Martial or Mata, unfortunately we sacrificed our inform player at the moment. He shouldn't really be getting minutes outside cup competitions and europa league at this point imho.

Dobbs

That's missing the point. It's not that he's to blame, it's sending him on when he's been utter shit for three years and watching him continue to be shit. No matter how bad everyone else was, this is the Rooney performance thread and people are talking about his performance not being good enough. Again.
Walters knows this. He's a decent poster everywhere else.

At this stage he just chucks any old argument in there even if it's nothing to do with Rooney's performance. Just something he has to do now.

facund

There would be an argument of sorts for him if he came on with a calm head and used his experience to settle down the team, alas he actually seems to make the team more frantic and expends at least half his energy bitching to the ref.

There is an angle of him trying to get his leg up high enough to strike the ball that brought the only smile of the night to my face so credit where credit is due, he is contributing (to my amusement at least).

Sylar

People saying we were bad without him anyway, are missing the point. He came on and offered nothing. He was essentially a waste of sub especially when you have Martial on the bench.

All he does now is run after the referee instead of playing the game. I thought him being out the first team was good, but he needs to stop being used as the first sub. Jose needs to stop relying on him and put some faith in some of the younger players who offer something.

AndyJ1985

Your defence of Rooney is never that he's useful to the team, or that he done anything particularly impressive. It's always that he wasn't any worse than player X or player Y, or that we weren't any worse with him on the field. What's the point in even wasting your time arguing with such flimsy excuses as that? Give it up already and admit he's not very good.

Walters_19_MuFc

Walters knows this. He's a decent poster everywhere else.

At this stage he just chucks any old argument in there even if it's nothing to do with Rooney's performance. Just something he has to do now.
I just hate double standards and hypocrisy. You said you were blaming Mkhi and co. in the first half, yet there's no post of yours criticising any of them. But hey....as soon as Rooney comes on, your on it like a fly on shit.

You can't even blame him anymore. He's so far gone there's physically nothing he can do about it. What is Mourinho thinking on this one.
This is why I try to prove a point, but it seems its not getting through to a lot of you. Sometimes I even wonder why I bother.

SirScholes

For me the highlight of his half was effing and jeffing at the ref and getting booked.
So not the passes through hulls midfield that set rashford and blind off.
Need to look away from Rooney and more at mhiki pogba Herrera and rashford (not a winger not his fault)

SirScholes

Rooney had more good moments than pogba Herrera mhiki and rashford but sure let's bump his performance thread with more pathetic posts and leave theirs empty.
Standard

PepsiCola

Rooney had more good moments than pogba Herrera mhiki and rashford but sure let's bump his performance thread with more pathetic posts and leave theirs empty.
Standard
Herrera played well today, nice passes in the first half with Valencia and Mkhi and prevented a late one on one with Abel Hernandez and De gea.
Mkhi has been called out for being shite, but had a 10 minute period where he looked lively.
Pogba and Rashford are both getting criticised.

These defence of Rooney, BUT HE WAS BETTER THAN x y and z is tiresome. He was poor when he came on, Mourinho made a mistake in bringing him on but saying 'oh he's been shit for 3 years but managers keep picking the poor soul' is pathetic.

Walters_19_MuFc

Your defence of Rooney is never that he's useful to the team, or that he done anything particularly impressive. It's always that he wasn't any worse than player X or player Y, or that we weren't any worse with him on the field. What's the point in even wasting your time arguing with such flimsy excuses as that? Give it up already and admit he's not very good.
Maybe I do take my defence of Rooney over the top, but that's because I feel that he is scapegoated a lot more than others. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I personally feel.

If he has a shite game, by all means criticise him, but can't we do that for other players too?

Born2Lose

Standard
Rashford had 3 key passes, 2 dribbles and 1 shot, Rooney on the other hand had 0 key passes, 0 dribbles and 0 shots.

Rooney's an embarrassment at this point, £250,000 a week for a striker whose scored 6 goals in a calendar year.

Dobbs

I just hate double standards and hypocrisy. You said you were blaming Mkhi and co. in the first half, yet there's no post of yours criticising any of them. But hey....as soon as Rooney comes on, your on it like a fly on shit.

This is why I try to prove a point, but it seems its not getting through to a lot of you. Sometimes I even wonder why I bother.
This thread is to discuss Rooney's performance. It isn't the thread to discuss your theory he's being scapegoated.

Check the Mkhi thread, I've criticised his performance tonight[/QUOTE]

manunited1919

We can't blame this one on Rooney, not at all.

Still, I will have a major celebration the day he moves on and we don't have to watch "The Useless One" anymore. That may be rough on a legend, but he has overstayed in MUFC by 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.