g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Wayne Rooney image 10

Wayne Rooney England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

red4ever 79

Anybody else see his life spiralling when he calls it a day? Maybe not Gascoigne level but that route.
He likes a drink. That is clear, and whilst it is a personal choice, it is not good enough for a footballer playing at an elite level. It is this lack of discipline that will cause him not to be playing at the top level much longer

Tarrou

Be surprised if he stays on much further than HT. He's not pressing their midfield.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Playing awfully, but there wasn't another player on the pitch that I'd rather taking that penalty other than him.

Pressure was on him there. Top penalty.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Good pen. Credit to him for holding his nerve.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
comfortably the worst player in our squad, we would probably be better playing with 10 men.....

Art Vandelay

Playing awfully, but there wasn't another player on the pitch that I'd rather taking that penalty other than him.

Pressure was on him there. Top penalty.
Why? His record from penalties isn't actually that good. I thought Martial was supposed to be ahead of him now anyway, didn't he take one earlier in the season when Rooney was on the pitch?

No real matter in the end up I suppose as it was a good penalty.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Why? His record from penalties isn't actually that good. I thought Martial was supposed to be ahead of him now anyway, didn't he take one earlier in the season when Rooney was on the pitch?

No real matter in the end up I suppose as it was a good penalty.
We're struggling in this match. That penalty may be the only proper chance we have all game now until FT, we needed someone to bag that in. Rooney's the only one who I feel doesn't feel the pressure at the moment, maybe because of his experience. He isn't a bottler.

iportman

Hasnt been that bad really.
he has not just been bad , hes been pretty much useless , hes finished at any level of football .I hope for his sake the Chinese are not watching or dont care what level hes at . Its embarrassing that a team like UTD are been captained by someone like this , its incredible that he is still been included in squads .

Kag

He's been terrible. This is one of the only games all season in which we've been comfortably outplayed in the middle of the park and Rooney is a big part of the problem.

SidRed

Roonalty scores, but unlike Penaldo it is clear that he is unlikely to score any other way.

Claymore

Anyone know what Rooney's goal celebration is about? It looks like he's paying tribute to someone who died or something like Lampard used to do when his mum passed, however he's not pointing to the sky. It looks, dare I say it like one of those silly illuminati triangles that Jay-Z and the like have their muppet fans doing at concerts.

Its deffo not a heart like Bale does anyway. Anyone know what sign he's doing?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good penalty but my god he's been rubbish today. He looks absolutely knackered already! His body is so shot.

Picked up a few decent positions behind the midfield but he's done sod all with it apart from the chipped pass to Valencia.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anyone know what Rooney's goal celebration is about? It looks like he's paying tribute to someone who died or something like Lampard used to do when his mum passed, however he's not pointing to the sky. It looks, dare I say it like one of those silly illuminati triangles that Jay-Z and the like have their muppet fans doing at concerts.

He's done it for years in honour of coleens sister

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good penalty, but feck me even the penalty against fecking Swansea at Old Trafford now is big pressure for our players? No wonder our players are spoiled.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Nice penalty. Why has he taken so many shit ones in his career when he's capable of dispatching them like that? Fabianski doesn't save that even if he goes the right way.

I don't remember anything else he did. I wouldn't be surprised if his pass completion % was zero. I'm sure it isn't. I just can't remember any passes he made that ended up at the feet of a team mate. Would prefer Mata or Mkhi at some point.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Rooney has been doing this for while this God stuff. Like suddenly he found faith and expects the Lord to work through him so he doesn't have to.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
How many times has that happened this season? Completely anonymous but walks off with a goal or assist which often was a product of luck. He's very productive for the level he's playing at, which is exactly what we need right now, quite honestly. If anything's missing in this team's attack, it's tangible results.

Mickfoley

He wasn't bad at all. Opened up space with his passes to the right. Won the ball a few times. Getting back to help the defense. What's wrong with caf? He was decent.

MadMike

If it hadn't been for the pen, we'd have been saying that he barely did anything that resembles a professional footballer. Even the commentators have picked up on it.

I'm pleased for him scoring, but I really can't see how this guy has another year at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.