5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
They also see how bad he's become and they're just trying to counter other posters who'll go such lengths in bashing Rooney. None of these posters considers Rooney to be Rooney of old, while his critics will go on about him being some evil mastermind who's controlling United from top to bottom.
The problem with all this Rooney hate is that I can admit in hundreds of posts how average he has been and how he has lost his pace but if I mention the fact that he scored a goal last week even once, I am suddenly a blinded fan boy.

Kaos

You score a goal and you are a liability?
Ah come on, that goal was served to him on a plate.

Rather the fact he was pretty much singlehandedly killing our attacks with his criminal first touch and general slow reaction to pretty much anything our midfielders our surrounding attackers were trying to cook up.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
They also see how bad he's become and they're just trying to counter other posters who'll go such lengths in bashing Rooney. None of these posters considers Rooney to be Rooney of old, while his critics will go on about him being some evil mastermind who's controlling United from top to bottom.
They don't think he is Rooney of old, but they all pretty much thinks he is rightfully so in our first XI, and don't see much wrong with his performances. For example couple of them don't think he was bad in the last game. Shamans puts him on Martial level despite Martial having excellent second half of the game, and was nothing worse than Rooney in the first half.

shamans

There's nothing trivial about that video man, that has been the average Rooney performance for some time now, If you have any evidence Martial or anyone else was worse or same let us know. So you feel Martial should be getting as much stick as Rooney then? He probably will if he keeps this up for the next 3 years, while being captain and earning 300k a week. Till then could the Rooney 'lovers' stop shitting on our 20 year old best player last season in defense of Rooney? It's really pathetic reading these x player was worse nonesense
See this is the sort of conclusions people get to even if you defend Rooney for some of the hate that has been directed to him. I said it in another post: Rooney has been like this for some time while Martial has been having great games but last week alone I thought they were both average at best.

I don't become a Rooney lover by calling a spade a spade. If I say Martial had an average game, that doesn't mean I am shitting on him. You need to stop being so defensive about it.

shamans

Ah come on, that goal was served to him on a plate.

Rather the fact he was pretty much singlehandedly killing our attacks with his criminal first touch and general slow reaction to pretty much anything our midfielders our surrounding attackers were trying to cook up.
Which is why I thought he was average. I mentioned the goal because if he hadn't even scored that (imagine him missing that chance) he would have been poor.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
The problem with all this Rooney hate is that I can admit in hundreds of posts how average he has been and how he has lost his pace but if I mention the fact that he scored a goal last week even once, I am suddenly a blinded fan boy.
:lol: people will always find something to moan about, don't take it personal, it's just the way Caf works these days.

They don't think he is Rooney of old, but they all pretty much thinks he is rightfully so in our first XI, and don't see much wrong with his performances. For example couple of them don't think he was bad in the last game. Shamans puts him on Martial level despite Martial having excellent second half of the game, and was nothing worse than Rooney in the first half.
Are you sure since I really can't recall anyone here claiming he's entitled to be in first eleven or that he hasn't been bad?

Can you prove me wrong with some posts that directly go against Rooneys poor showings?

itso 7

I'm sorry but that part is just so ironic because the experts, the media and the managers do not believe that and you often see posts on here along the lines of "why doesn't anyone else see this?!".
If so why is it that they all end up putting him in midfield like his last two managers (Hodgson and Mad Louis) did? Isn't it just possible that they both considered him too shit to play in his favorite positions and decided to field him where his technical limitations do the least damage. Surely if they had any confidence in him they would have played him in positions where he has excelled over the last decade, no? The first two groups are just mouths for hire who sing for their supper and they would have vested interests in avoiding antagonising England's golden boy.

itso 7

Disagree, people who defend Rooney still acknowledge he's been poor for some time now and needs to be replaced, people who criticise him will do that even if he's having a good match trying to downplay him at any given chance.
You must have @Perrick Debois on ignore or you are blatantly lying to score points in this debate.

psychdelicblues

So some Rooney fans are now saying that they are the voice of reason regarding Rooney, whilst his distracters are the voices of blind hatred and various agendas against him. Got it.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
You must have @Perrick Debois on ignore or you are blatantly lying to score points in this debate.
:lol:

I don't have anyone on ignore, perhaps didn't notice him. Even if he's so pro Rooney, it's only 1 poster like that, so what's the fuss about? "lying to score points in this debate", wow, didn't know you take all this so serious :lol:

itso 7

See this is the sort of conclusions people get to even if you defend Rooney for some of the hate that has been directed to him. I said it in another post: Rooney has been like this for some time while Martial has been having great games but last week alone I thought they were both average at best.

I don't become a Rooney lover by calling a spade a spade. If I say Martial had an average game, that doesn't mean I am shitting on him. You need to stop being so defensive about it.
I believe there is a thread for expressing that opinion, the moment you mention it in Rooney's thread people will rightfully translate it as a desperate attempt to defend Rooney by throwing Martial under the bus - which shows that most of the people touting that line of thought know deep inside that his performances are indefensible hence bringing other players in the equation or inventing downright ridiculous stats like "dispossessed 0 times".

shamans

I believe there is a thread for expressing that opinion, the moment you mention it in Rooney's thread people will rightfully translate it as a desperate attempt to defend Rooney by throwing Martial under the bus - which shows that most of the people touting that line of thought know deep inside that his performances are indefensible hence bringing other players in the equation or inventing downright ridiculous stats like "dispossessed 0 times".
Wow.. this is getting ridiculous! How do you compare player performances then? Do I make a new thread for "Rooney vs Martial against Bournemouth"?

itso 7

:lol:

I don't have anyone on ignore, perhaps didn't notice him. Even if he's so pro Rooney, it's only 1 poster like that, so what's the fuss about? "lying to score points in this debate", wow, didn't know you take all this so serious :lol:
Figure of speech mate, fair enough if you didn't notice his posts.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Are you sure since I really can't recall anyone here claiming he's entitled to be in first eleven or that he hasn't been bad?

Can you prove me wrong with some posts that directly
That's their standard narrative, I am not sure how you missed it. You'll have to follow them more, I am bit lazy to quote all their posts. I started searching but then there was too much of it. I just named you some of those posters, you don't have to believe me, after all, we all here believe what we want to believe.

itso 7

Wow.. this is getting ridiculous! How do you compare player performances then? Do I make a new thread for "Rooney vs Martial against Bournemouth"?
They didn't play the same position and this is not a mere comparison when its used to divert attention from a player who has performed poorly for far longer than a couple of games.

shamans

They didn't play the same position and this is not a mere comparison when its used to divert attention from a player who has performed poorly for far longer than a couple of games.
Give it a break will you. I was comparing how two players that played similarly received different reactions.

fellaini's barber

Question, is there any striker in the league, amongst all these strikers we think aren't good enough for us, who wouldn't score as much as Rooney if they played as much? For those who keep saying 'but he scored a goal'

dichinero

They were, both were terrible. But Martial potentially gives us pace, dribbling skill, and finishing, while Rooney at best gives us shooting.
Are you saying you left that game thinking Martial was as bad as Rooney? Sheesh!!!!!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
So some Rooney fans are now saying that they are the voice of reason regarding Rooney...
Most of them have always claimed this, as well as the supposed high moral ground. They start from the premise that they are right, and dissenting voices are 'bizarre' & the like. Only in recent times has Rooney's form obliged them to begin their posts with 'Yes, he's not very good right now but...'
All this f*cks me off more than Wayne's play ever has. :D

Rossa

Another free pass for today. He has done nothing to warrant that starting place. Blind is keeping Smalling out of the side and rightly so with some great displays, yet Rooney plays crap and is an automatic starter. Pisses me off!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Another matchday, another Rooney start. Let's see how he plays today.

LouisDanGaal

I hate this guy. Keeps getting goals and assists in every game. Must drive you guys crazy too. Helping the team win and all that. Nightmare.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Good cross for the goal. He can always play a good ball when he's given a little time to be fair.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Touch is still poor and struggling to keep it in the final third.

Good run and cross, though I'd say Zlatan makes it a better cross than it was.

By being a fecking animal.

dichinero

Nah man, It's so annoying that we have better players not playing instead of this guy!

Stringer

Definite improvement on recent matches though I'd still like to see Mata moved centrally and Mkhitaryan playing on the right.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol: All those passive-aggressive responses above since the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.