Welcome to RedCafe.net on XenForo!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
The search bar overlaps the black banner and looks out of place. I know it's probably meant to be in that 'space' but it doesn't quite look right IMO. Would prefer it if it was positioned how it was on the old RedCafe.

Cheers in advance for sorting this out Niall.

You'll get used to it :)

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Is there a way to make the skip page function more like it was before?

As it is I can either go to the first page, last page or 3 pages either side of the 1 I'm viewing. On the previous version of the site you could jump 50(?) pages at a time. Not a huge issue generally but when viewing massive threads (like the 50k) it's a pain in the arse.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Is there a way to make the skip page function more like it was before?

As it is I can either go to the first page, last page or 3 pages either side of the 1 I'm viewing. On the previous version of the site you could jump 50(?) pages at a time. Not a huge issue generally but when viewing massive threads (like the 50k) it's a pain in the arse.
Can't you just use the little back and forward arrow in the page list? This will move the page numbers so you can get to a specific one.

I'm not changing how this works, it's the XenForo default and modifying it is more hassle than it's worth.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Sorry if already discussed. On the phone browser, the "Alert" option is too close to "Log Out", so often the latter being pushed/hit when checking "Alert".

Is it possible to move "Log Out" close to "Help" ? as they both are rarely used.

jeston

Sorry if it has been asked before:
how do you screenshot tweets?

Click on the timestamp of the tweet (e.g. '10m' written in grey, top right of tweet) and then just copy the url of that page into your post.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Liked the new forum, so far. It has the luxury feel, while still being simple and (most importantly) as fast to load as the old one. Good job to whoever working behind the screen.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Must say...

I'm having real problems with the Quote and Spoiler tags.

For some reason it adds new quote code in while the spoiler tags in general are bjorked.

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't seem to have spoiler tags. Is that supposed to be the case.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I don't seem to have spoiler tags. Is that supposed to be the case.
There isn't a spoiler button, but you can use the spoiler tags. This is the code to use:

[SPOILER]spoiler text here[/SPOILER]

or

[SPOILER="description of spoiler here"]spoiler text here[/SPOILER]

Which gives you:

spoiler text here

or

spoiler text here

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm having problems editing posts when I've put a spoiler in them. Sometimes I click edit on the post and no matter where I click it won't allow me to edit it. No cursor gets put down.

What browser and OS are you using?

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Is it just me or do tweets not appear properly on Firefox?

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Just turned all my plugins off, turns out it is the DoNotTrackMe plugin which is blocking it.

It is blocking something called Twitter Badge, have allowed that and all is working again. Yes in hindsight I should of done this before posting here :o

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How do I go straight to the OP of a thread? Clicking on it takes me to the first unread.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Where did all the posting stuff go???

No, seriously, how does one post YouTube vids, smileys etc now?

jeston

It's still running along the top of the reply box at the bottom of the page. You may have disabled it accidentally -Click 'Use Rich Text Editor' below the reply box if you see it

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've tried all the browsers. It doesn't appear on any of them. No other ipad users facing this problem?

Damien

Staff
I've tried all the browsers. It doesn't appear on any of them. No other ipad users facing this problem?
Like I said, a few have reported having that problem on the iPad. I think Niall is looking into it, but soon there's a new version of this forum software coming out with a new text editor which might work. Don't know how long it'd be before the caf upgrades to that though.

LR7

On iPad you have to use the google chrome browser (rather than safari) and select 'request desktop site' from the menu in the top right hand corner. Should magically appear.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Why's the homepage still a weird format? Or is this just me on Chrome? Everything's bunched to the right hand side, with the forums list on the far right.
Just you, I'm on chrome too

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Someone's going to tell me to clear my cookies, meaning I'm going to have to re-enter all my passwords won't they?
I was going to tell you, you can test if that'll work by going incognito first. Then clear shit once you know?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Think it's just the internet at work actually. Just happened on another site.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Not sure if it's been brought up but when you click a sections header such as 'General Forum' where it would then bring up the 4 general sub forums, it always defaults to showing you every forum on the Caf. Is it directing to the wrong page? I thought it was supposed to show you only the forums for the section you clicked.

Damien

Staff
Not sure if it's been brought up but when you click a sections header such as 'General Forum' where it would then bring up the 4 general sub forums, it always defaults to showing you every forum on the Caf. Is it directing to the wrong page? I thought it was supposed to show you only the forums for the section you clicked.
Do you mean General Discussion? On XenForo, for categories (which is what the General Discussion thing is), when you click on it, it just gives you the anchor link to the page, so if you go to https://www.redcafe.net/forum/#general-discussion.4 ... you'll be halfway down the page where the General forums are rather than starting at the top and having to scroll down to see them. It is meant to be like that.