Westminster Politics

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Would be interesting to find out what the complaint is, but as someone who's lived in Enfield, if you see what the Tories place as candidates (gems like Ediz Mevlit and Margarget Brady, 100% nuts and vehement all the time), Bambos looks normal in comparison.
I agree, will be interesting. I am happy that Labour generally hit hard on any dodgy behaviour. If he was a tory it would be a promotion opportunity.

TheGame

Denied a peerage as the Government didn’t want a by-election and she has resigned in protest. So she’ll end up in the Lords somehow.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
These feckers mug us off all the time.
The honours list is worthless.

jeff_goldblum

The sooner we ditch the House of Lords the better. It gets jammed full of more utterly brain-dead cnuts every year.

saivet

Does this by-election mean no election in that constituency in the general election next year?

saivet

No, all seats are up for election in every GE
Cheers a symbolic, rather than meaningful by-election then. Suppose it's a good way for the winner to stamp their mark in order to give themselves a chance in the GE though. It's my constituency so will be following it closely.

TheGame

Cheers a symbolic, rather than meaningful by-election then. Suppose it's a good way for the winner to stamp their mark in order to give themselves a chance in the GE though. It's my constituency so will be following it closely.
24k majority, will be massive blow for Sunak if he loses that so hope it happens.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I feel sick seeing JRM and Priti and the rest of the cnuts getting knighthoods and dame...hoods?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
“It is very sad to be leaving Parliament - at least for now…:rolleyes:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Shots fired at Sunak. But let's be honest, the fecker has grifted so much and is minted. He can't be bothered with the work His constituents have complained he's hardly around.
The other thing is how damaging the details of the Covid enquiry are.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A couple of very damaging by-elections coming up.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This is indeed a glorious day with Trump and Johnson getting cooked!