Westminster Politics

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
We are looking for a house at the moment to buy but don’t know what is the right answer in terms of waiting it out or just taking the plunge.
If you are in a situation that you can save in… wait. Might be a long time too.

Signing up for 5%+ mortgages and fixing for multiple years (as lenders are currently advertising) is very expensive.

Any decent independent mortgage advisor will give you better advice, but unless you’re in a situation where rent is costing what a mortgage would, waiting is wise.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
And every time you have to pay that, you will see Liz Truss face on every pound note.
And now the government are blaming too high wage growth....as if that can be having any effect yet.
Food inflation 20% versus wage inflation of just over 6%. And Jeremy Hunt is now saying that interest rates must rise in order to curb wages growth which is driving inflation.
There is no wage growth. There hasn’t been for ages. A bunch of reports came out recently. Wages are still (as an average) where they were a decade ago.

The UK is in a perfect storm. A localised global bubble that is going to explode more than pop.

Landlords are seeing rate increases and passing them on. People won’t be able to pay past a certain point.

My own mortgage would have gone from £1900 to £4400 without securing a new deal. Anyone over-leveraged (ie dickhead landlords) won’t be able to remortgage everything at rates that they can survive.

It’s going to be a destructive time for the UK. We need bankrupt landlords. But we also have multi millionaire outsiders willing to add a few hundred Properties to their portfolios and wear the cost for 5 years.

The market is fecked. By design.

Superden

9am privileges comitee report released and also premier league fixtures. And ashes start today. News overload.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
My mortgage is up for renewal in February. Joy.
If it looks like they'll keep going up and up you can get in earlier, ours was up in Feb this year but we agreed a mortgage 6 months before at 3.15 percent and when it came up in Feb Halifax honoured the agreement.

EDIT: If you agree one months in advance you can always pull out if interest rates start to fall closer to the date of renewal.

Superden

For someone meant to be so bright, he's very poor when not relying on scripted soundbites.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Standing by a van and wearing a vest that says "Immigration Enforcement" - does that mean he's forcing everyone to be an immigrant?

He can't comment until he gets the OK from the ERG Nat-C party.
The cos-playing is just so cringe. Johnson was terrible for it. Was Cameron as bad? I don’t remember Brown and Blair doing it

Superden

We really are in trump land over here now. 5 live had a caller saying they are liars apart from Boris, and he's the victim here.

Phil Jones Face

It's infurating how often the average Boris supporter says they support him because he's "a character" or they find his antics amusing . This isn't Britain's got Talent (literally!) or Love Island ffs. There's serious issues that need to be tackled by serious politicians.

Politics has been utterly debased.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's infurating how often the average Boris supporter says they support him because he's "a character" or they find his antics amusing . This isn't Britain's got Talent (literally!) or Love Island ffs. There's serious issues that need to be tackled by serious politicians.

Yeah, my mum a couple of months ago said she would rather Boris came back because he was at least funny. Had to remove myself from the room before I lost my shit.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

It’s a big problem. Admittedly I was a big fan of Prescott for punching that guy, but I give myself a pass for being a literal child.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
So it begins, I just end up getting really angry at people like this cnut and how they are in positions of power. Not sure how others don't.

Absolutely disgusting. They’re even blaming remainders now. Boris lied and is a notorious liar & opportunist as he always has been. He’s a disgrace and real threat to our democracy. I just pray that the majority of the general public sees through all lies smoke & mirrors from Boris and his supporters.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Absolutely disgusting. They’re even blaming remainders now. Boris lied and is a notorious liar & opportunist as he always has been. He’s a disgrace and real threat to our democracy. I just pray that the majority of the general public sees through all lies smoke & mirrors from Boris and his supporters.
He is a cumulative liar and is in denial of that fact. He is so much of a compulsive liar that he is is now completely unable to distinguish fact from fiction.

TheGame

Sadly not

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sadly not

I don't understand how people's minds work with this dickhead. He misled parliament but it was unfair of the committe to say he misled parliament?

It's like when after the Brexit vote they polled Leavers about immigration and something like 70% of them thought that Brits should have an unfettered right to live and work anywhere in Europe but only about 30% thought Europeans should have the same right here.

Superb doublethink it seems.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Truss & GBNews are made for each other. A special kind of stupid.