Westminster Politics

Flying high

This won't damage Anderson or the Tories, it actually plays to their crowd who'll love it.
Saying the quiet bit out loud might have the effect of getting their core supporters even more agitated, but I don't believe it works for those that want to pretend to themselves that they can vote tory and still have a conscience.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The tories have nothing to offer but culture wars. This shit is depressing.

Bert_

Saying the quiet bit out loud might have the effect of getting their core supporters even more agitated, but I don't believe it works for those that want to pretend to themselves that they can vote tory and still have a conscience.
Why? No one knows what box they put their cross in when they vote.

Flying high

Why? No one knows what box they put their cross in when they vote.
That's why I said pretend to themselves. We all know that the tories are the nasty party, but when their stated aims are made to sound reasonable, it's easier to back them and hope that the stories are just made-up lefty fearmongering. Trying not to engage with politics between elections, and blame the choices of others when you see things falling apart. With the current crop of MPs, their nastiness is on full show. Some people are fine with that, unfortunately. But we've all met tory voters who do so mainly because they think labour are only about free stuff for someone else. They don't actually hate all foreigners or minority groups, or want all criminals to be hanged in the square. Or destroy the NHS, or education, or libraries, or public transport, or the rivers, or the beaches, or the roads, or ... sorry got distracted for a moment. The point is, for some of the people who voted tory in the past, their actual politics are nowhere near the nastiness of the current UKIPTories. Even if it's always been bubbling away under the surface, the tories have always had a veneer of respectability and have been the main party for the last century. So voting for them could not really be considered fringe, or extreme. Now though, it certainly should be by anyone paying even the slightest bit of attention.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I hope so. The Tory heartlands will love Lee 'telling it like it is' and anyone anti-Tory already found him repulsive.

Not sure how many voters are in that vote Tory yet having a semblance of conscience category.

I'm surprised the story seems pretty low key, given the storm when Rayner said 'Tory scum'.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I hope so. The Tory heartlands will love Lee 'telling it like it is' and anyone anti-Tory already found him repulsive.

Not sure how many voters are in that vote Tory yet having a semblance of conscience category.

I'm surprised the story seems pretty low key, given the storm when Rayner said 'Tory scum'.
I, for one, am shocked to see no mention of it on the BBC News app.

Something something both sides hate them so doing a good job mumble mumble.

Jippy

Staff
I, for one, am shocked to see no mention of it on the BBC News app.

Something something both sides hate them so doing a good job mumble mumble.
It's not visible on the Guardian or Independent sites either, though it was on the Guardian liveblog earlier, but only about fourth story.

FireballXL5

Downing Street backs Tory deputy chair over ‘back to France’ comments

Lee Anderson’s remarks on Bibby Stockholm asylum seekers supported by justice secretary, who No 10 says is speaking for government

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rance-comments-bibby-stockholm-asylum-seekers

This is all I can find on the BBC about it...

'Conservative Party deputy chairman Lee Anderson used an expletive to say that if they did not like barges they should go back to France, the Daily Express reported.
Asked about the language, Justice Secretary Alex Chalk told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "Lee has expressed himself in his own way but the central point he's making is not unreasonable."'

Both articles reassuringly hidden away. Wiil be forgotten by tomorrow.

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Downing Street backs Tory deputy chair over ‘back to France’ comments

Lee Anderson’s remarks on Bibby Stockholm asylum seekers supported by justice secretary, who No 10 says is speaking for government

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rance-comments-bibby-stockholm-asylum-seekers

This is all I can find on the BBC about it...

'Conservative Party deputy chairman Lee Anderson used an expletive to say that if they did not like barges they should go back to France, the Daily Express reported.
Asked about the language, Justice Secretary Alex Chalk told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "Lee has expressed himself in his own way but the central point he's making is not unreasonable."'

Both articles reassuringly hidden away. Wiil be forgotten by tomorrow.
Thus, presumably he is in agreement that if any asylum seekers are ever sent to Rwanda, if they don't like the accommodation they can go back to the UK.

Lee565

I love how when tories talk about immigrants they try to paint them in the baddest of light as if every single one of them will cause havoc on our streets committing crimes, when reality is majority are happy to do jobs that british don't want to do but hey let's not change the tory narrative that it's foreigners destroying the country and not liz truss pound crashing economic plan or greedy gas companies hiking prices or water companies turning our rivers and coastlines into a dumping ground for...dumps or how supermarkets are hiking up prices whilst making great profits or how tories are causing strike after strike because they view public sector workers as ungrateful peasants or the biggest elephant in the room brexit

Nogbadthebad

Worth remembering that just 5 years ago 30p lee was working for then labour MP Gloria de Piero, abd was an actual Labour Councillor.

His views have not changed since then, and she is currently a GB news presenter.

If it were not for the 'far left' Momentum making a complaint about his behaviour, there is very good chance he would currently be a Labour MP. With those same views.

F-Red

Worth remembering that just 5 years ago 30p lee was working for then labour MP Gloria de Piero, abd was an actual Labour Councillor.

His views have not changed since then, and she is currently a GB news presenter.

If it were not for the 'far left' Momentum making a complaint about his behaviour, there is very good chance he would currently be a Labour MP. With those same views.
Was it not the local council that made the suspension due to his views on the travelling community? https://theclarionmag.org/2018/03/21/why-gloria-de-pieros-allies-have-defected-to-the-tories/

Nogbadthebad

Was it not the local council that made the suspension due to his views on the travelling community? https://theclarionmag.org/2018/03/21/why-gloria-de-pieros-allies-have-defected-to-the-tories/
I was more hinting towards his own claims.

When you read this piece now, it is even more laughable than it was at the time. But the corbyn panic meant people took this stuff seriously. and where we are now is the consequence.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/10337382/ex-aide-labour-mp-lee-anderson-momentum/

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...with-turkey-to-disrupt-people-smuggling-gangs

“Working very closely with other countries is critical to dismantling the people-smuggling gangs and disrupting the supply of materials such as boats and engines which ultimately facilitates more boat crossings,” the immigration minister, Robert Jenrick, told BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme on Wednesday.

The desperation and stupidity increases, if that were possible.

Nobody in Europe is allowed to own a small boat, according to Jenrick, moronic twat.

Bobade

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...with-turkey-to-disrupt-people-smuggling-gangs

“Working very closely with other countries is critical to dismantling the people-smuggling gangs and disrupting the supply of materials such as boats and engines which ultimately facilitates more boat crossings,” the immigration minister, Robert Jenrick, told BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme on Wednesday.

Nobody in Europe is allowed to own a small boat, according to Jenrick, moronic twat.
Disrupting supply chains seems like an achievable goal for this government.

Maticmaker

Reminds me of the ' rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic' saying ;)

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
But Starmer would do worse or something...

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Jippy

Staff
Yes Mr Shapps, definitely not a death trap. Oh, and for 'migrants' read 'human beings'.

Migrants being moved off barge over bacteria fears

Migrants are being temporarily removed from the Bibby Stockholm barge after traces of Legionella bacteria were found in the water.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-66476538
What do they expect, just turning up uninvited.
I know so many families who are housed in properties with black mould and damp. No one cares about their living conditions
Just send them all on 5 star all inclusive holiday they fully deserve it after all we have put them through NOT then when they come back refreshed they can rape, pillage , and fill out city's and towns with drugs and steel our cars and ship them back to Albania the UK really are so cruell i really am so sick of our non governing country sad
Just put them in the Ritz. Maybe then they’ll be happy.
Most likely the barge was sabotaged.
Paying for this garbage daily...Treasonous.
Withdrawal from the ECHR and migration status treaty of 1951
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...m-barge-migrants-removed-legionella-bacteria/

Superden

Some of the comments on the daily mail story are beyond batshit crazy and just plain evil. These are the people that our Kier really wants to appeal too?? +