Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Not the most mobile guy ever. Looks like he can barely run or jump.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I mean as debuts go that was like someone who won a competition getting a run out for United but it was only 1 game.

Lyng

When he came of we completely lost offensive control. major mistake from Ten Hag.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A more mobile version of him would be a great help to us. That being said, we didn't get better after taking him off and maybe he would've been able to hold the ball better if he stayed on.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I anticipate this guy will mostly be bench performances when Martial actually gets physically fit

redshaw

I liked his link up play in the first half, had a decent header just over the bar. Second half the whole team were poor and I guess he was knackered as well and had to come off. Hopefully with more training he can be a bit sharper.

Gandalf

For all of those slating his performance after 1 training session it is worth remembering that Casemiro was pretty horrendous in his first couple of outings too and Licha was getting destroyed in this forum too. Got to give them a few games and practices to gel with the team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Decent debut, better than I expected. Didn't really get any chances apart from the cross which he came close with

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looked decent enough, I thought. Smart layoffs, busts a gut to get into the box, occupies defenders.

Should continue to be a decent option for us, though ideally Martial being fully fit and in form would be preferable still.

Devil81

Antony off Garnacho on, that for me would have given Weghorst a credible player to make an opening for him.

There was a major reluctance to get the ball into his feet, it should have been the game plan tonight.

Drizzle

What I hadn't appreciated from my diligent youtube research was just how achingly slow he is. It's a particular problem because the team as a whole lacks pace.

That little flicked through ball to him in the first half was a rude awakening - even a medium paced striker is through one on one.

Just reinforces that this season is transitional. Next season we go with Kane or Osimhen in a game like that and win it by half time.

Pickle85

Some in this thread need to step away and take a breather. Absolutely ridiculous reaction to a new player's debut when he's barely had any time to train with the team. The first post after the threadmark in particular is pathetic. Sure, he may turn out not to be a particularly fine acquisition but some of the overreaction and rush to judgment here is shocking.

Drizzle

Some in this thread need to step away and take a breather. Absolutely ridiculous reaction to a new player's debut when he's barely had any time to train with the team. The first post after the threadmark in particular is pathetic. Sure, he may turn out not to be a particularly fine acquisition but some of the overreaction and rush to judgment here is shocking.
OK, but it's fair to call it as we see it. I said he was really slow. Unless Ten Hag is an alchemist, he's not getting quicker as the season progresses. It is perfectly possible that we work within his limitations much better as he beds in.

justboy68

Both Martial and Weghorst are far from perfect but the difference with them and without them is night and day. Both manage to work as a target man to play off and provide some strucure. It all goes to shit without them. We saw it for most of the second half against City and we saw it again tonight. In the summer we can hopefully get a true upgrade in this area, because it has to be said Weghorst looked slow as feck tonight, but he did an okay job overall. We're crying out for that top class no.9.

Bobski

Thought he showed decent feet and hold up play. Never expected great mobility and pace.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Was "ok" as he did slightly contribute to the goal by dragging away two defenders and did some decent defending at the other end but not much besides that.

It's to be expected of course as he's barely had any training sessions, good to have as back up suppose.

Pickle85

OK, but it's fair to call it as we see it. I said he was really slow. Unless Ten Hag is an alchemist, he's not getting quicker as the season progresses. It is perfectly possible that we work within his limitations much better as he beds in.
Sure, and I think saying he lacks pace is fair. Some of the other stuff is just ridiculously OTT. The first post at the end of his first game being 'Donkey' for instance is lazy and moronic.

Chex

Losing 50/50 balls in the air when you’re his height is concerning. Not a bad first game, link up play was good in phases.

Not a starter for me but a good option off the bench. He’s only had a couple days training so can’t make too many judgements on his overall impact yet.

PSV

When this guy gets proper wingers to service him he'll be fantastic.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I feel that his header against Argentina fooled people into think he's great at that. He isnt, especially for his size.

Shouldve signed Luuk de Jong.

SirMonteyne

To be fair, any striker will have a hard time scoring goals under ETH's system. And it will be very hard to sign new good strikers in the summer.

mu4c_20le

When this guy gets proper wingers to service him he'll be fantastic.
Doesn't seem that good in the air. What we need is for him to gel with our other front 3, and hope his movement and triangles can get Antony into a good shooting position. His link up in the first half was ok

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Arguably the reason why we scored, his run dragged two defenders away leaving Bruno time and space to shoot

Paul778

Doesn't seem that good in the air. What we need is for him to gel with our other front 3, and hope his movement and triangles can get Antony into a good shooting position. His link up in the first half was ok
The one cross that was anywhere near him was too high and he did his best but couldn't take enough off it and it arced just over.

Can we work with a sample size of more than one cross?

Having him gel with the front three would be nice. Having Anthony do it would equally be nice (after half a season of training and games)

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Not great, and yet when he went off we just couldn't get the ball to stick up top at all.

RedIan

He did ok considering he only landed 4 days ago. Some good link up and touches. Looked a bit of the pace. ETH will sort him out.

saivet

Arguably the reason why we scored, his run dragged two defenders away leaving Bruno time and space to shoot
I think that's clutching at straws to be honest. He did okay but he also looked like a player we probably don't want to have to start too often.

He did okay tonight though

BerryBerryShrew

Did well I felt. Really should have played the full 90- we lacked presence up top when he went off and CP were much more comfortable.

el3mel

The goal was an awful defending by Palace.

I won't criticize him for today but this signing is just pretty weird and honestly doesn't feel like a Man United signing. Definitely not a signing you will be looking forward to in order to elevate your team to finish top 4.

Not against him and he might do well here but it's just weird.

Irwin99

Was ok. The part in the match where he played a really nice touch for Bruno near the halfway line and then 'sprinted' in slow motion to get into the box was probably a good summation of his game.

I think he'll be important as a squad player but a fully fit Martial obviously starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.