Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What I hadn't appreciated from my diligent youtube research was just how achingly slow he is. It's a particular problem because the team as a whole lacks pace.

That little flicked through ball to him in the first half was a rude awakening - even a medium paced striker is through one on one.

Just reinforces that this season is transitional. Next season we go with Kane or Osimhen in a game like that and win it by half time.
Watching Weghort will give some clues as to what a striker like Kane would do for our team in many games. Kane is no faster than this guy.

Oranges038

I anticipate this guy will mostly be bench performances when Martial actually gets physically fit
That's not gonna happen. When was the last time he was considered fully fit?

He'll probably play more than the mannequin between now and the end of the season. His hold up play is good and he showed some nice touches and clever movement but he is so painfully slow,.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
We seemed to lose the ball more once he came off.
I noticed he dropped very deep, even into our half at times and helped win the ball back.

With Palace essentially full sprinting into every challenge, keeping a physical presence like him on right through the centre could have done wonders

Eddy_JukeZ

He's just not very good.

I think @Rozay is right and we should have paid up for Felix. He'd be an upgrade on Martial and would be great with Rashford too.

The Purley King

Did ok.
Lost the ball with his back to play where a very good player would have kept it.
Tried hard but he’s a stop gap at best I think.
I know that was the point of the signing but was hoping for a little more.
A brace at the weekend and all is forgiven!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Bear in mind he trained all of a day, with a brand new team and jumping back to the Prem from the Turkish League - he showed he can be an asset in possession higher up the pitch and pressing the opposition.

AndyMUFC

Never expected him to be quick or mobile anyway, he’s a 6 foot 6 striker. He did okay, hasn’t been with the team long. Least it gives us another option.

Bwuk

Never expected him to be quick or mobile anyway, he’s a 6 foot 6 striker. He did okay, hasn’t been with the team long. Least it gives us another option.
He’s the same size as Haaland.

Long Time Red

I wasn't particularly for this signing and didn't see anything tonight to convince we made the right move in bringing him in.

Hopefully he improves.

croadyman

Wout should be what you bring on after a shite opponent equalises in the 90th minute. Not the guy you start for United.

though he did get feck all service.
Unfortunately Tony being made of Weetabix (Mckola quote) forced Erik's hand to start him. He probably wasn't ready to start a game but will have his moment

Last edited:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I feel like we should have played a more mobile attack with Garnacho on the left and Rashford up front. I see Weghorst as a bench option tbh.

InfiniteBoredom

It’s inevitable that he wouldn’t live up to the frankly misguided sky high expectation people put on him.

He’s a back up option, who might or might not start a lot, depending on Martial’s fitness record. And he won't be retained in the summer.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It’s inevitable that he wouldn’t live up to the frankly misguided sky high expectation people put on him.

He’s a back up option, who might or might not start a lot, depending on Martial’s fitness record. And he won't be retained in the summer.
All that from 60minutes united career.

InfiniteBoredom

He’s 30 year old striker who failed at Burnley and plied his trade just this year in the Turkish league, if you expect him to come in and start scoring 1 in 2 or more as starting Utd striker then more fools you.

If he has the same impact as Ighalo, that’s a successful loan.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He’s 30 year old striker who failed at Burnley and plied his trade just this year in the Turkish league, if you expect him to come in and start scoring 1 in 2 or more as starting Utd striker then more fools you.

If he has the same impact as Ighalo, that’s a successful loan.
Point is, it's way too early to judge. If anything caftards should know not to write players off too early... Esp after 60+ minutes

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Point is, it's way too early to judge. If anything caftards should know not to write players off too early... Esp after 60+ minutes
I'm surprised he wasn't written off after 15 mins TBH!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's just not very good.

I think @Rozay is right and we should have paid up for Felix. He'd be an upgrade on Martial and would be great with Rashford too.
Obviously Felix is a better player. But with weghorst or felix, we aren't doing more than just top 4 this year.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
For his height, he is actually poor in air. Some nice touches , some nice hold up play, some nice runs and obviously great pressing.

Martial has nothing to worry but his own form and injury

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

While his passing was quite awful and he was probably the slowest player on the pitch he is a presence up top, something that helps our game. I do not see how he can be a starter longterm, but he surely will improve and help us out this season.

Lyng

While his passing was quite awful and he was probably the slowest player on the pitch he is a presence up top, something that helps our game. I do not see how he can be a starter longterm, but he surely will improve and help us out this season.
His passing wasn't awful?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He was fine.

- Helped hold up the ball and link up play in the 1st half
- Harried and hastled the palace keeper and defenders causing inaccurate passes/clearances
- Dragged 2 (or 3?) defenders for the Bruno goal, leaving Bruno all but free from the penalty spot
- Helped the defense in the 2nd half when we were under pressure. He seems smart too (game IQ), there was a phase where Palace were crossing the ball at a corner/set piece, it got cleared and was unclear if we were gonna get the ball or not. He stayed on the edge of our box and waited to see the outcome before leaving his defensive duties. Most other strikers would jog on to the halfway line and leave us 1 man short of clearing crosses.

Didn't get the ball in the 2nd half but understandable cause we decided to stop playing football in the 2nd half for some reason.

Last edited:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Should not have started. Hope he gets better in the coming weeks but I just dont think he has a high ceiling

AndySmith1990

He's just here to make up the numbers because we're desperate and skint. Obviously no team with title ambitions would buy him for his quality so I don't know why anyone has set their expectations high

Andersonson

He won one header all game?
Wasnt easy for him, one training and then straight into a match, it was maybe a bit early. Exciting to see what he can bring to the team the coming weeks. If anything

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It's true though. I'm happy with the signing and don't doubt he can contribute but he was never anything more than an extra body until the summer to give us a different option.

Some of the posts I saw from some of the United social media were really quite embarrassing.

Real Name

For someone who just met his teammates and had like 2 trainings at the most he was absolutely fine.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I heard on a podcast that he’s not good in the air as he was tall as a young kid so never had to work on jumping as he towered over the other kids.

Vapor trail

Does look sluggish, he's a player that will have to bring something different tactically. It's ridiculous there's no money to spend so this is the result of that.

Elcabron

Bear in mind he trained all of a day, with a brand new team and jumping back to the Prem from the Turkish League - he showed he can be an asset in possession higher up the pitch and pressing the opposition.
Indeed, tad soon to be writing him off. Let's give him a chance first.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He was fine.

- Helped hold up the ball and link up play in the 1st half
- Harried and hastled the palace keeper and defenders causing inaccurate passes/clearances
- Dragged 2 (or 3?) defenders for the Bruno goal, leaving Bruno all but free from the penalty spot
- Helped the defense in the 2nd half when we were under pressure. He seems smart too (game IQ), there was a phase where Palace were crossing the ball at a corner/set piece, it got cleared and was unclear if we were gonna get the ball or not. He stayed on the edge of our box and waited to see the outcome before leaving his defensive duties. Most other strikers would jog on to the halfway line and leave us 1 man short of clearing crosses.

Didn't get the ball in the 2nd half but understandable cause we decided to stop playing football in the 2nd half for some reason.
This was a particular highlight of his performance, just being in that poacher position, which Martial usually isn't. Bruno had all the time in the world to lash it in whilst Weghorst occupied 2 defenders. If he keeps making near post runs and being in a position that disrupts the defence, I don't care if he scores zero goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.