g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Where is the women's game most behind the men's game? I admit, it's the first time I'm watching a game other than a few seconds. Seems a bit more random tactically, but pretty good technically, but the goalies look pretty shoddy, like almost no agility at all.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Positoning all wrong from the GK, came for it changed her mind and was a step far to her left. Should have stayed on the spot.

Rafaeldagold

I'm not sure about that one either, barely touched her, not sure it's enough to go down, she managed a full stride after that. Wasn't much complaint from her either
Yes but with VAR how is it not a pen?

It’s contact. In the box from behind.

I just don’t get it- shouldn’t matter if no complaints from either

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Positoning all wrong from the GK, came for it changed her mind and was a step far to her left. Should have stayed on the spot.
She's woeful and looks really small. Our other keeper was a lot taller and I honestly think saves both, particularly the first where it goes just above her gloves.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We're going to equalise

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Where is the women's game most behind the men's game? I admit, it's the first time I'm watching a game other than a few seconds. Seems a bit more random tactically, but pretty good technically, but the goalies look pretty shoddy, like almost no agility at all.
I would have said physically and agility wise yeah. They're really good technically but are lacking in those two areas IMO.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I would have said physically and agility wise yeah. They're really good technically but are lacking in those two areas IMO.
Yeah, a bit surprised with that lack of agility and sort of robot like movement of the keepers. I think of so many other sports where they're just as agile, if not more so. Maybe the keepers on show are just bad examples? Kind of look like outfield players thrown in goal.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Millie Bright is out of her depth, don't understand why she keeps being played at CB as she's been dodgy in the previous games.

ReallyUSA

Wait until American football and baseball finally die, the men's team is going to look just like this.

dev1l

Nice to see a game void of neymar-esque crying and rolling on the floor..

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Nice to see a game void of neymar-esque crying and rolling on the floor..
I've only watched 5/6 games but I've seen at least one blatant dive in every one (this game too). This narrative that 'Women don't dive' etc is untrue.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The US team are everything that Europeans think about English football fans.

DRM

The quality of football is really good, especially from the US