WWC19 | Final: USA v Netherlands

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Definitely need to sort out that left side. We’re standing off them far too much, and getting rightly punished for it.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
As a Scotsman I feel somewhat confused because it’s basically demanded of us to support anyone bar England but this USA team is so unlikable I really feel like I need to go against the norm. Is that also a regular celebration by Morgan or was that a piss take of the English. Pinky out drinking tea.
Women's football is only marginally below Scottish footy in quality.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Virtually every facet of the game. I’d struggle to name even 1 thing they are even remotely near to men’s level at.
Yeah, that's what it looked like. I gave up watching. But it's still better than what I expected.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: Good one. You're proper shit at men's football.

Good at women's because you take it way more seriously than anybody else and invest a ridiculous amount of money in to it (other countries are playing catch up) but that will never be the case with the men's game.

Enjoy these tournaments, it's the only success US FOOTBALL will get.
US youth football is improving massively. Their current u21 gen is excellent and most have moved up to the first team now, Sargent, Weah and Taylor. Beneath them there is decent talent at all age groups. I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to say they’ll be pretty likely to make the quarter finals of 2026-2030 World Cup. They’ve probably as much reason as any country to be optimistic about the talent level coming through.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The USA is simply in their own league. They are Thanos they snap there fingers and every other team disappears :lol:

Suedesi

:lol: Good one. You're proper shit at men's football.

Good at women's because you take it way more seriously than anybody else and invest a ridiculous amount of money in to it (other countries are playing catch up) but that will never be the case with the men's game.

Enjoy these tournaments, it's the only success US FOOTBALL will get.
Yeah, of course things will stay static for the foreseeable future in the US and the massive Latino population that loves futebol will never amount to anything ;)

redshaw

Well I didn't come here just to comment on looks, but it's pretty apparent compared to the yanks.
Are you sure? Daly for England and Morgan for US aside I'm struggling to see what you're seeing? England also have Alex Greenwood who is not playing today so that's more for England.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
US youth football is improving massively. Their current u21 gen is excellent and most have moved up to the first team now, Sargent, Weah and Taylor. Beneath them there is decent talent at all age groups. I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to say they’ll be pretty likely to make the quarter finals of 2026-2030 World Cup. They’ve probably as much reason as any country to be optimistic about the talent level coming through.
It's not on the level of the top European sides who churn out top league level talents constantly. US u21's has a few maybe talents but it's not even close to world cup winning level, you'll be doing well to qualify.

As for winning it .. no, not for a very long time if nothing improves. It's not like the women's game where you can just throw money at it and hope something happens.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Also, I had no idea about White's injury troubles. 3 acls and breaking a bone in her back (if I heard the commentators right) and here she is as the top goalscorer of a world cup!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, of course things will stay static for the foreseeable future in the US and the massive Latino population that loves futebol will never amount to anything ;)
Been hearing 'US will be a force in the men's game soon, you watch!' since the dawn of time.

Believe it when I see it.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Also Alex Morgan :drool: she is a beauty

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
The talent pool they have to choose from
Is ridiculous aswell compared to the likes of England. It isn’t a stretch to suggest it at all.

Suedesi

It's not on the level of the top European sides who churn out top league level talents constantly. US u21's has a few maybe talents but it's not even close to world cup winning level, you'll be doing well to qualify.

As for winning it .. no, not for a very long time if nothing improves. It's not like the women's game where you can just throw money at it and hope something happens.
Hey 5 years ago, people including you would have laughed if someone said Tottenham have a chance to win the CL... 20-30 years is a long time in sports.