5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Hit some nice passes and looked fairly sharp, wouldn't be surprised to see him start on Wednesday.

Ljungster

His class and uplifting appearance is a bonus on top of the game today. Makes it all the sweeter when the haters were drooling with delight after Newcastle scored from that mistake and slip from Lindelof.
Mistake and slip from Lindelof? Really? It was Pogba and Matic who didn't do their job which was the sole reason Gayle scored.. Stop putting the blame on Lindelof when it clearly wasn't his fault.

TheSwedeFromSweden

Supports
Zlatan
To be fair, i was a bit worried if he really could perform on this level after his injury. After all, even last season, he had games when he looked slow, off and not as technical as he's been before. Really classic signs when great players become older. But today, even if it only was 15 minutes, i actually think he looked sharper than many times last season. He looks quicker, not as heavy and the few touches he had, showed his amazing technic. If i compared his 15 minutes today with many of his performances last season, i would probably had guessed he was 3 years younger today if i didn't know.

Just look at his touch:

He actually looks sharper than last season. (And yeah, ofc i know its only his first game, and only 15 minutes, but stil, this surprises me)

Andersons Dietician

Does Zlatan amit some sort of distortion field that manipulates the minds of certain fans. You’d think his appearance today was earth shattering the way some people are speaking about it :lol::lol:

Didn’t really do that much, some nice little passes then was wide open for the “side bycicle kick” hopefully he’ll have important moments through out this season but really he should be Lukaku’s back up/occasional partner.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Does Zlatan amit some sort of distortion field that manipulates the minds of certain fans. You’d think his appearance today was earth shattering the way some people are speaking about it :lol::lol:

Didn’t really do that much, some nice little passes then was wide open for the “side bycicle kick” hopefully he’ll have important moments through out this season but really he should be Lukaku’s back up/occasional partner.

Christ, way to piss on the parade man

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
I think most are just excited that he is back and looking like he hasn't lost his way to much.
Still think he is a better footballer than lukaku by a distance and likely will be even at age 40 .) That said there will be games where lukaku are more useful and games where ibra is but if they can find a good understanding playing together that would be my preference.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

It's strange. Mata did more than him and still had people saying he played poor.

People are more impressed by bicycle kicks than intelligent passing and moving, surprise surprise.

DarkXaero

I don't think it's as much about his actual performance, as much as its about being impressed by his recovery at age 36. He returned sooner than anyone thought he would, and even though the game was already over, he looked liked the same Ibra as before, and didn't show any signs of rust. For a 36 year old recovering from a torn ACL, it's pretty remarkable.

pseudo_canadian

That some United fans on here still haven’t taken to him blows my mind.

Reckon he’ll get another year here too.
I know right? He's such a talented and incredibly charismatic figure. His value to the team moral is invaluable.

Heck, just listen to Old Trafford when he came on and his first few touches. He is worshipped.

Will never understand how people can't come to like him.

SER19

I'm not a zlatan obsessive, and am not commenting on his cameo yesterday.

Nobody, nobody, can deny the influence a talisman has on a team, the fans in the stadium and mood of the club. Every time I see him i truly do wish we had signed him earlier, maybe I'm fergies last year and I don't believe we would have had the decline we did. I hope he has a great season and earns another. And that in that time we find another swaggering ego with the talent to match

It's strange. Mata did more than him and still had people saying he played poor.

People are more impressed by bicycle kicks than intelligent passing and moving, surprise surprise.
What a pair of miserable sods.

No-one, absolutely no-one thinks his cameo was Earth shattering. The non miserable twats on here though are impressed that a 36 year old can recover from an ACL tear in around 200 days and instantly look like he’s never been gone.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His recovery is nothing short of miraculous. I have never seen anyone in my life (pro athlete or else) recover so quickly from a torn ACL to a level where he is fit to play competitively. The whole thing is incredible to me.
IIRC Zlatan and Rojo were injured in the same game and made comebacks around same time. What makes Zlatan's impressive is his age.

BULB

Yes Zlatan changed the game.
He looked like he had never been gone.
and that is the problem.

We looked like we could have scored another couple of goals before he came on.
When he was on the field we were exactly the same as last season, slow and predictable.
When we don't have the ball all he does is mooch around, he is no more effective than a traffic cone.
By all means play him in CL dead rubber games, but don't expect to grow as a team or win anything with him on the field.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
He'll be a great impact sub but won't be something to build the team around obviously. Problem may be that both the player & Mou will prefer him as first option rather than sub

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
and that is the problem.

When he was on the field we were exactly the same as last season, slow and predictable.
When we don't have the ball all he does is mooch around, he is no more effective than a traffic cone.
By all means play him in CL dead rubber games, but don't expect to grow as a team or win anything with him on the field.
Quite funny if isn't bait.

Nedved

and that is the problem.

Best read to the beat of Eminem’s Stan.

wiz4231

and that is the problem.

Pogba was a massive influence on the game as was martial. With both of them and Lukaku, Rashford/HM/JM and Matic on the pitch with Zlatan we'll see more of Zlatans creative abilities. Ffs he was playing with Fellaini and Herrera they've hardly inspired beautiful football and then add Lukaku playing on the right wing.

After Zlatan little cameo it's fair to say he would add more to #10 role than what Mata, Miki and Fellaini have done all season, I'd even say he can add what they all already have and much much more.

Lukaku
Martial................Zlatan........MR/HM/JM
Matic......Pogba

and that is the problem.

You do realise it was our defenders and midfielders that killed the game @BULB? And rightfully so.

Zlatan was actually gesturing them to get the ball forward faster and more often as he no doubt wanted a goal to make it a dream return. The players were right to ignore him though, game was won and was professional to just see it out.

Andersons Dietician

No-one, absolutely no-one thinks his cameo was Earth shattering. The non miserable twats on here though are impressed that a 36 year old can recover from an ACL tear in around 200 days and instantly look like he’s never been gone.
Recovery time is an estimated 2-9 months. Dominic Cruiz was back in full training within 3 months. The problem is people come back to quick and depending on what surgery he had his ACL should now be stronger than it was but it depends on the connections and if they just replaced it.
It’s great that he is back, from what I saw he was really dedicated to his recovery but it’s been blown up by fans and the media like he has risen from the dead.

Also read up Motm posts. It’s great he is back, but people need to get a grip.

Ibra1212

People who hate on him, he is 36 now. He still has the best technique in the squad, his name is bigger then the whole squad. Lukaku ofc is stronger/ faster now than ibra, but comparing zlatan at 24 and lukaku now is not a comparison, lukaku is just not that impressive, just borrows his head and shoots. I hope ibra will do great but maybe not the player who will make the difference big enough.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Looking today, he's gonna be here for another year after this to see the Mourinho transformation through to it's completion.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him at the WC before a final season with United.
Is that at all in doubt? Sweden could go from being my second team to not bothering to watch them at all.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
"That's because you haven't been here."
Hmmm... and then later he has another dig saying that different from others he "hasn't been on holidays".

Seems there has been a lot of ribbing over that :lol: rather than something that really upset Mourinho. I can't see Zlatan alluding to it scornfully if it was ever serious.

Litch

To me this is why I support and love Utd. This just wouldn't happen at any other club, he would have been history. Different but in the same way as Eric's return. It's the romance of football at Utd, the proof that despite adversity we can come back and prove the doubters wrong. It's such a great story and yet another chapter in our history that only years from now we will look at and see its relevance. The Theatre of dreams was alive and kicking yesterday.....

R'hllor

Ever heard of context of things? Actually dont answer, dont wanna know.

el3mel

and that is the problem.

Only thing I liked about your post is the way you're structuring your paragraphs, nothing else.

It’s great that he is back, from what I saw he was really dedicated to his recovery but it’s been blown up by fans and the media like he has risen from the dead.
To be fair, I think you are the one who needs to get a grip. Our fans and the media aren’t acting remotely like that. Everyone was a lot giddier when Valencia returned from his broken leg for example.

James Peril

I’m a bit tired of the lame Lion-thing he mentions in every interview, but the man’s got more charisma in his little toe compared to all of the Tottenham-players combined!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Anyone who is taking Zlatan too seriously or how the fans are happy to see him too seriously, need to find his sense of humor. The whole thing is funny, Zlatan being back is a boost. Nothing more, nothing less. The positive overreaction regarding his return is basically a bit of fun

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Relax. I'm not knocking him or anything. Just trying to be a little bit more neutral about his performance. Just because I don't buy into his showmanship and hype doesn't mean I hate him or don't think he's an excellent footballer.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's leaked a bit early but he's won November's EPL POTM and goal of the month too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very happy for Zlatan and it's fantastic that he's able to compete and hopefully contribute at the highest level. However I do worry about this.

He'll be a great impact sub but won't be something to build the team around obviously. Problem may be that both the player & Mou will prefer him as first option rather than sub
I think he's definitely going to be useful to have. But it has to be in place of Lukaku for me or as 10. If we suddenly start messing about with Rashford and Martial who have been terrific this season and give us pace and dribbling qualities, it could end up hurting us in the long (maybe even short) run.

AXVnee7

I'd love it if he stayed on at Utd after this season in some capacity, even if not as a player. His aura is immense.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We need to win the title for Zlatan. He has won the league in every league he's been in and I don't want us to be the only club he doesn't win the league with.
We need to win the title for Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.