Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

One of the many reasons why this transfer is a bit strange
It's really not. It's not always about having pacey players, but the main issue is to move the ball forward at a fast pace. Ji was never a top notch sprinter but he was a highly clever and competent counter-attacker.

ZAGREB RED

Bit of concern on here about his lack of pace, I think if the 3 attacking mids all have a bit of pace, Zlatan's strength at holding the ball up, intelligence and the way he can create things should mean he fits in. Hopefully.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So numbers 9 and 10 are taken, 18, 8, 11 and 27 being the other numbers he’s worn. So either Mata will be sold, Adnan will be sold or he’ll get another number. Guess 27 could work as well, as he had that in Malmö and United will probably be his last club. In which case Fellaini would have to be sold or he’d have to change his number, again.

Man-United

People complain about his wage, but would it be better to sign him for £5M and have him on 130.000/week? Maybe that would make people more happy..

GJNJ

Don't know what to think really. I spent the whole of last season saying we needed pace upfront.
It was the pace of the attack rather than the pace of the players. With the tempo we played at and the lack of risky through balls no amount of pace through the middle would have made much difference.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
People complain about his wage, but would it be better to sign him for £5M and have him on 130.000/week? Maybe that would make people more happy..
I made this exact point to someone bitching about the wages last week.

He never responded.

Don't know what to think really. I spent the whole of last season saying we needed pace upfront.
We put Rashford there, our results hardly improved.

It's not just about pace, it's about pace and quality. Zlatan is the quality, and the finisher, a typical Mourinho forward, a player you can counter attack very well. The pace needs to come from the 3 behind him and the like of Shaw.

Miki, Martial, Memphis & Marcus will also provide plenty of pace.

Irrational.

As an 85 year old striker, I feel he'll lack a bit of pace for the PL. At 91 he's hardly going to set the world alight, he's achieved everything he wanted to by the time he was a century old.

MichaelKorleone

He never responded.
Would the outlay look positive if we all assume Utd are buying a player coming off a 50-goal season for £8m in final year of contract and would be paying £6m wages?

There's still a slight risk that if he doesn't perform, manager would probably be forced to play him continuously for first 3-4 months at least considering the big name/wage and past performances. On the other hand, one positive compared to our recent purchases of Di Maria, Falcao or Schweinsteiger would be that Ibra is not coming off an injury and won't bother to sign for us if he didn't want to come.
Genius minds and all that.

Man-United

He never responded.
One friend of mine who support United had been against the Zlatan signing just because of his wage so I asked him how he would feel about if we signed Zlatan for £5M with a £100.000/week deal. He said that he would then love Zlatan to sign. Weird thinking from not just him but plenty on here who complain about the wage.

Bruno8

Strange? I swear non of you lot have ever seen a Mourinho team play :lol:
Player's historical ability and stats are not in question but if he can deliver in PL and at United every week

HE is 35, will be here for at most 1 year ( I can see a 36 yr old leading the line in the 2nd yr - just my opinion),

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Player's historical ability and stats are not in question but if he can deliver in PL and at United every week

HE is 35, will be here for at most 1 year ( I can see a 36 yr old leading the line in the 2nd yr - just my opinion),
We only want him for a year or two.

This is a stop gap transfer whilst Rashford and Martial continue to develop without too much pressure on them.

Man-United

Zlatan should have a few years left at the top I think. He wasn't over played at a young age and had just played about 40 games for Malmo at the age of 20 until his move to Ajax. I have no worries.

Bruno8

This is a stop gap transfer whilst Rashford and Martial continue to develop without too much pressure on them.
Although the 2 just did fine last season with even more pressure.

As pointed out in the other thread judging by the profiles of Strikers used by Jose in his previous teams, big and strong, means Marcus and Martial are not ideal to his system unless it changes at United.

If Ibra is a one year stop gap why not buy a long term solution now

Who?

We need WC now! Football is both about the future and now, Martial and Rashford represent the future, Zlatan represents now. You know we lose a shitload with adidas if we don't make CL this season?

One great year of Zlatan could make us Champions and a much sexier prospect for any potential long term Mourinho striker next summer or the following summer, you surely can understand that @Bruno8

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Zlatan should have a few years left at the top I think. He wasn't over played at a young age and had just played about 40 games for Malmo at the age of 20 until his move to Ajax. I have no worries.
Makes very little difference now anyway. Players are looked after now, for every Rooney or Owen there's a Giggs or Totti. It's as much to do with genetics, body shape and general commitment than anything else.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
From his wiki:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Born: 1764) is a current living footballer and oldest man on earth. His father, Adam, was in the bible.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

As pointed out in the other thread judging by the profiles of Strikers used by Jose in his previous teams, big and strong, means Marcus and Martial are not ideal to his system unless it changes at United.

We have a long term solution in Rashford. How can people not get this? We need have to see how he develops over the next year or two. If we buy another young striker in Kane or Lukaku and Rasford develops very quickly as well, then we will have a bigger problem down the road.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
So numbers 9 and 10 are taken, 18, 8, 11 and 27 being the other numbers he’s worn. So either Mata will be sold, Adnan will be sold or he’ll get another number. Guess 27 could work as well, as he had that in Malmö and United will probably be his last club. In which case Fellaini would have to be sold or he’d have to change his number, again.
If Rooney's going to be a midfielder then take the 10 off him

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

They, especially Rashford, had little to no level of expectation around them last season. This year will be different. Zlatan will take that focus and relieve the pressure on them for a season or two.

As for the long term solution, they are it.

Siorac

Who?

We need WC now! Football is both about the future and now, Martial and Rashford represent the future, Zlatan represents now. You know we lose a shitload with adidas if we don't make CL this season?

One great year of Zlatan could make us Champions and a much sexier prospect for any potential long term Mourinho striker next summer or the following summer, you surely can understand that @Bruno8
It could happen but it's quite unlikely. He's just a very good striker, not a wizard.

Yes, I'm aware of the 13 out of 15 stat.

Dobbs

If Rashford isn't ready now how will he be after 12 months of playing backup? Mourinho doesn't rotate much.

We'll be looking for another striker in 12 months if we sign Zlatan now.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
34 year old Zlatan is the best Zlatan. The older he's got, the better he's got. I'm predicting 15 league goals, 25 in all comps for him the coming season.

SirAF

Ageist
You know people are desperate for the footie to start again when they are bitching about the age of a free transfer..

Status
Not open for further replies.