Zlatan Ibrahimovic |United Player | See the thread in the United Forum

Should we sign Ibra on a free this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
The age issue is ridiculous. We've had players who look more out of shape at an earlier stage of their career than zlatan, and none said a thing. Just look at Schweinsteiger who's in the body of a 60 year old.

He's probably fitter than most strikers in the league.

Devil may care

Ibra would be great on the free, however....the midfield would be forced to actually get the ball to the big man....hopefully Maureen can get the strikers the service they need to put some goals in.
Ibra likes to drop deeper and create as well, that is why a pure #10 isn't a great fit with him, we need a dynamic and athletic AM that can run beyond him when he drops deep, like Matuidi did so effectively at PSG.

Taxx

This feels to me like another Sanches; everyone in the world thinks he will come, so the media just exploits what people want to read and publishes stories despite knowing diddly squat. Are there any reputable sources saying anything happening at all? Sorry for being so negative, but I just can't see this happening.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This feels to me like another Sanches; everyone in the world thinks he will come, so the media just exploits what people want to read and publishes stories despite knowing diddly squat. Are there any reputable sources saying anything happening at all? Sorry for being so negative, but I just can't see this happening.
Nah, unless jose's not coming I can't see why this one wouldn't materialize.

Ibra is 35 already, he wants to have his last hurah with his trusted manager. Sanchez is a different story altogether, he's smart enough not wanting to play under MOyes

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ibra likes to drop deeper and create as well, that is why a pure #10 isn't a great fit with him, we need a dynamic and athletic AM that can run beyond him when he drops deep, like Matuidi did so effectively at PSG.
Mane fits this bill.

InfiniteBoredom

Ibra is 35 already, he wants to have his last hurah with his trusted manager. Sanchez is a different story altogether, he's smart enough not wanting to play under MOyes
He was talking about Renato Sanches :p

TehRed

Imagine if Pogba came home...

I agree though, Zlatan does like to link play just as Rooney does, by dropping deep. I think if we had Martial on one flank and the likes of Leroy Sane or Griezmann on the other flank, both cutting in with Shaw and Valencia overlapping, it would suffice. In terms of midfield runners, with perhaps less cutting in from the winger-forwards, Herrera is about the most mobile #10 we have (gets up and down more than Mata) and Fellaini might even be viable there is he knew how to finish.

I'd love to see Pogba of course, although in terms of dynamic midfielders, we just let Renato Sanches slip through our grasp. There's always Nainggolan or Joao Mario, I suppose.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
If he wants to go he will. He's a free agent so he can do more than just ask nicely to his club and hope they agree.
Very true also. I just think if United/Mou were negotiating with him, they'd probably ask him not to go to the Olympics and have a uninterrupted pre season. Especially as our manager will be new as well.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's very mediocre and has a bad attitude, plus he isn't an actual midfielder that can contribute to the passing side and defensive side of things like Matuidi does.
He has destroyed Chelsea and Liverpool single handed he's far from mediocre. His first touch is not great but his directness and pace power and aggressiveness is exactly what we need. He'd flourish in our team especially running around Zlatan. Having someone with that pace scares teams into dropping deep. That suits Martial and Zlatan to receive the ball in and around the box (and Mata and Rooney if they play) plus he's versatile and a great age it really is a no brainer for me. Get the lad signed.

InfiniteBoredom

I just mean, is there any trusted sources that are saying that Ibra is imminent?
Depends on what you mean by 'trusted sources'

I think we have a decent chance, it all depends on whether he fancies testing himself in the PL, and maybe have a final tilt at the CL.

Natener

Depends on what you mean by 'trusted sources'

I think we have a decent chance, it all depends on whether he fancies testing himself in the PL, and maybe have a final tilt at the CL.
By his own words, he already knows where he's heading. Can only assume it's not announced yet so he can be introduced as Mourinho's first big signing. Otherwise, nothing's really stopping him from announcing he's joining some chinese club.

RedDevil@84

I am sure the Swedish fans will be happy if we sign. I have heard that whichever team Zlatan plays for, is the match they surely show live on tv. So no more searching for streams for Utd matches.

Acquire Me

I am sure the Swedish fans will be happy if we sign. I have heard that whichever team Zlatan plays for, is the match they surely show live on tv. So no more searching for streams for Utd matches.
They will go Zlatan crazy if he signs for us. I think we in Norway will too. I know I will :drool:

SoCross

This is a no brainer really.

Pros:
He is Zlatan;
Fills a gap in the squad;
Available on a free;
Provides much needed leadership and stardust;
Wages will be covered by commercial benefits alone;
Mentors Martial and Rashford
Will only play at max 2 seasons paving the way for a youngster to assume first choice striker duties;

Cons:
"Unproven"

7-3, we go for him! :drool:

Mainoldo

Would have gave him 18 personally.. But if he takes 9. Martial has to have 14.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
give him the number 51 and if he reaches that 52 the year after as an incentive.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I'd be ok with that..has Zlatan always wore the same number?
No, I recall him wearing 8, 9, 10, 11, 18 throughout the years.

Martial needs to stay #9.

If anything, give him Januzaj's #11 or sell Rooney for #10, it'd be worth it.

stevoc

Everyone's smart enough to not want to be under Moyes, even his wife.

Devil may care

Imagine if Pogba came home...

I agree though, Zlatan does like to link play just as Rooney does, by dropping deep. I think if we had Martial on one flank and the likes of Leroy Sane or Griezmann on the other flank, both cutting in with Shaw and Valencia overlapping, it would suffice. In terms of midfield runners, with perhaps less cutting in from the winger-forwards, Herrera is about the most mobile #10 we have (gets up and down more than Mata) and Fellaini might even be viable there is he knew how to finish.

I'd love to see Pogba of course, although in terms of dynamic midfielders, we just let Renato Sanches slip through our grasp. There's always Nainggolan or Joao Mario, I suppose.
Pogba would be the dream signing, and with Raiola now back in faovur with the Ibra deal it's not impossible. Herrera is the best option of our current crop and maybe Pereira will get some chances off the bench, but that role is important as without Zlatan has no support and would be isolated 2 on 1 much too often.

He has destroyed Chelsea and Liverpool single handed he's far from mediocre. His first touch is not great but his directness and pace power and aggressiveness is exactly what we need. He'd flourish in our team especially running around Zlatan. Having someone with that pace scares teams into dropping deep. That suits Martial and Zlatan to receive the ball in and around the box (and Mata and Rooney if they play) plus he's versatile and a great age it really is a no brainer for me. Get the lad signed.
He has the odd game here and there where he plays well but is mostly average and at his age should be a lot more consistent, he also has a terrible attitude and doesn't add enough to a proper 3 man midfield, he'd be a bargain basement Griezmann and not worth the stupid fee Southampton will demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.