Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I'd still loan him out. I thought he was suppose to be bulking up...

Needs game time man!! If we can give him that here keep him.
He has bulked up.

He's also scored our last two goals, with a lot fewer minutes than a lot of others here.

khoazany

Proved me wrong. I thought he would perform terribly in this game, especially with Villa being so physical. Great run and good goal. Pushed off the ball a couple of times, but with time he'll develop more physically and not be pushed around so much.
Not to mention this is his first competitive start after 6 months.Will only get better next game (if he does start).

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Needs to get a bit stronger but other than that I thought he was decent. Certainly better than Rooney

Raw

Needs to pack on some more muscle, constantly bullied off the ball today. Glad that he got his goal though.

FromTheBench

Lvg did not sound too pleased with his overall performance though praised his goal.

Hmm almost seemed to sound like loan was a option too.

Bwuk

He wasn't great but scored.

Needs games. Don't know why we played Mata wide either, Januzaj should of played on the right.

vidic blood & sand

Needs to pack on some more muscle, constantly bullied off the ball today. Glad that he got his goal though.
Yeah he hasn't developed physically enough in the last two years. I think it will be his downfall. Still think he's more influential on the wing.

diarm

I think it's very hard to be too critical of Januzaj, Mata or Memphis when they were the 3 who linked for the goal and when the striker they were trying to support doesn't have the discipline to be in the box.

They just showed the graphic and Adnan's average position was perfect for a no.10 today. The problem was the average position of his no.9 was behind him.

Mainoldo

Lvg did not sound too pleased with his overall performance though praised his goal.

Hmm almost seemed to sound like loan was a option too.
Because other than the goal he was rubbish.. But like most have said. He needs game time.

Cro

He was very good in the first half and mentally much more comftable in the middle than Depay the first game. Brilliant timed run for the goal, took the defender out naturally with a bit of skill and finished it deservedly somehow. He deserves his chance and looked much more like the Adnan of 2013/14.

Shurou

Still getting kicked up and down the pitch, he'll just have to get stronger and learn to withstand the abuse because Prem referees will not blow the whistle much in his favor, it seems. Could be more like Memphis in this regard.

Still showed his talent and class, not just with his goal but in several places where he found a teammate nicely under pressure or showed good touches. All in all, decent performance after being out of the team for so long, let's hope he will get more time this season.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Completely agree with van Gaal. Really careless in general and nowhere near the standards he reached in his first season bar that one moment of brilliance. Herrera was much better in the 30 mins he played.

Godfather

Completely agree with van Gaal. Really careless in general and nowhere near the standards he reached in his first season bar that one moment of brilliance. Herrera was much better in the 30 mins he played.
I love Adnan but sadly I agree.

Devil may care

Got a decent 60 minutes under his belt, struggled at times but he'll only find his footing with games.

matt23

Thought he looked his normal self to be honest but the whole team lacked composure for most of the game. Don't think he's up to much at 10.

Wittmann45

Scored a good goal.

He was just a little rusty today, and too careless, but I think those two go hand in hand. There was one passage of play in the last 10 minutes or so before he was subbed when the team was on the counter when Mata (I think) played a clever ball to Adnan in the middle of the field. Adnan then held up the ball well enough, allowing Mata, Depay and Rooney to get in really promising positions. If he would have played the right ball it could have been a deadly counter-attack, instead he held onto the ball too long, was tackled, and Villa broke really quick and created a chance. Something I think LVG would have been fuming over with his constant emphasis on control.

FromTheBench

Because other than the goal he was rubbish.. But like most have said. He needs game time.
Tbf its not like others in attack were pulling up any trees either.

Memphis in the 2 games so far has been similar standard without a goal and Rooney probably worse. And Januzaj has probably less match fitness than them.

In Rainbows

Wouldn't worry about him getting bullied. Gueye did a good job closing down on players and Richards is a freak.

khoazany

What did Herrera really do in the last 30 min?

In Rainbows

I'd like him getting a go at the same role vs Brugge. Bound to have more space and also protection.
I think people need to realize that Gaal likes his #10s to be more like strikers than midfielders which is why Adnan isn't going towards the ball as a 10 like he would usually play the position.

Next time he just needs to be more aware of the kind of physicality a team has and adjust accordingly. Like you said, playing as a 10 vs Brugge would probably be a bit easier on the physical side compared to Villa.

RuudTom83

LVG only has one way of dealing with players, and that is to point out all the mistakes they made. The perfect match in his head would look like 11 robots that never gave the ball away once in 90 minutes.

If Adnan has a lot to improve on, then i dread to think what he thought of Rooney's performance hehe.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I would say Bastian had a bigger role in that.
Bastian calmed it down yes but Herrera was the one doing the runs and passing/receiving the ball in the midfield. Got fouled a couple of times which allowed the others to take a breather.

Robbie Boy

Pretty much what LVG said after the match
Didn't see anything after the match but that seems a fair assessment from LvG. Had he not scored, it would have been a really poor performance. He has talent but he's not happening for him for some reason.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pretty mediocre imo. Got lucky with the goal and was routinely bossed by whichever Villa defender was nearby.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nice to see van Gaal's decision to start him paid off. I'm glad he got given the chance tonight because he is a very talented player and not just some flash in the pan. Not sure if I agree with Redknapp's assessment that he's more talented than Depay however.

Walters_19_MuFc

Took his goal well, but he's not a number 10, in my opinion. At least not the type of number 10 i'm looking for. Memphis the same.

Van Gaal wants runners in the 10 position, but we need someone who's going to get on the ball and control it (see Silva against West Brom), especially now that we're playing with two out and out defensive midfielders. Let the striker and wingers do the running off the ball and occasionally one of the defensive midfielders if we're pushing for a goal.

caid

Our entire front four were all a bit wasteful and rusty.
He still got the goal,
I'm sure van gaal would disagree but i think you need to humour some attacking players a bit and let them away with the odd loose pass for the goals they give you.
Thought the ref was pretty lenient tonight throughout (no complaints from me, kept the match moving mostly and didn't put up with diving)
and villa look like a pretty physical side now to me. He'll have easier games.

I'd probably drop him for hererra tbh but still thought it was a decent performance.

ghagua

LVG only has one way of dealing with players, and that is to point out all the mistakes they made. The perfect match in his head would look like 11 robots that never gave the ball away once in 90 minutes.

If Adnan has a lot to improve on, then i dread to think what he thought of Rooney's performance hehe.
That's the thing, he is a young player and should be encouraged to go out there and perform. He is an attacking player and will lose the ball more often, and he with his lack of experience, it will slightly worse than another player. Keep that shit private and have a word with the player, but don't announce that in public. I want to hear what he had to say about Rooney today.

MoneyMay

The build-up to his goal was him winning the physical battle, but that was an anomaly. Showed immense composure for the goal, though you could say the finish was fortunate. Not an impressive performance and 29 touches is mediocre for a #10, but that doesn't matter. He's only played a handful of games as a #10 for the first team and has never been given a run in that position. Hopefully this increases his confidence and he goes onto have a good season for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.