Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Moyes never played him as a striker though, did he?
Did once or twice, against Chelsea and against Fulham. Perhaps he just doesn't like him out wide in West London.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He does not look good as an out and out striker from what I have seen. I do not understand what of his attributes makes Van Gaal believes he will be good for us in that role.
Depends on your definition of the role. It has evolved, so so long as a winger has an instinct and some strength, he can play up front. Other than a few exceptions, looking for a striker with 'traditional strikers attributes' would usually mean looking for one who is a bit limited.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Depends on your definition of the role. It has evolved, so so long as a winger has an instinct and some strength, he can play up front. Other than a few exceptions, looking for a striker with 'traditional strikers attributes' would usually mean looking for one who is a bit limited.
The problem is, I do not see any poacher esque instinct, pace or even strength(moreso that he has balance) in his ability that he needs to be a good striker. A false 9 is more fitting as that gives him more freedom to take players on and perhap create which might suit him much more.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Cringed today when I saw he hadn't even made the bench, he needs to push for a loan, can't afford to waste another season sitting around twidling his thumbs just because he doesn't fit LvG's perfect mold.

Mali_Zeus

I do. But I thought that's what Adnan is now? If not, then what the hell is he to LVG?
Better to have a proven striker than one how could maybe be a striker. I bet he'll be on the bench in the next game.
Pereira was on the bench today which I really liked tbh.

Baxter

Johnson out for a couple of months. Maybe they'll push for Adnan?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Seems like he's starting. Big opportunity for him to shine.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Hopefully he plays a blinder. He's young, but he could do with a decent season.
Definitely. If LVG has some faith in him starting though, it indicates to me that he's not going out on loan at all.

ForeverFergie

Will be interesting to see how they lineup because LvG already called Januzaj a striker, so maybe Memphis lines up on the left and Mata on the right with Januzaj playing behind Rooney. All-in-all very excited to see Januzaj get the start, however, I wonder if it is more to silence doubts about his future than to actually play him over someone like Young. Hopefully if he plays well he can retain his role (whatever role that is) for the rest of the season.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Really pleased to see him start, hopefully behind Rooney!
Thought LVG would stick with Memphis in the middle and put Januzaj out right, but it seems like he may actually be in behind Rooney. A lot of faith from LVG in him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
LvG is trying to do something with the #10 role looking at the players he's been giving a chance there. I'm not sure what it is and how its going to work out but something is sure happening out of the ordinary.

FujiVice

Could be saying "Pedro Who?" by the end of this. Januzaj isnt going to get a better chance to show what he's got than tonight. No excuses for him. The talent is obviously there and always has been. He needs to perform. He's getting linked to shite like Sunderland of all places. If that doesnt motivate you to prove yourself, nothing will.

settembrini

Delighted that he is getting a chance. I hope he is on the right, with Mata central and Depay on the left. If he is central then that's okay but if he is on the left and Depay is in the middle again I will be mutter nasty things about Van Gaal under my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.