Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I have a question:

After he scored that goal the commentator said he got a bit lucky there. I didn't see it? How did he get lucky?
He got away with a loose first touch because Bartra slipped. Otherwise Bartra probably would've cleared it. Good finish all the same.

I don't agree at all that the goal ended up defining his performance anyway. He was very bright and lively up until that point and consistently made the right decisions.

So the Caf's back on side, eh? Fickle bastards.
As much as you enjoy sneering at the plebs who lack your flawless judgement on United's young players, it doesn't quite work in this case given we have quantitative evidence from just days ago that just under 2/3 of the caf think he'll make it here. It's just that following Januzaj's poor form last year the remaining third were more vocal and/or you were much more likely to notice their (strongly opposing) opinion.

RedStarUnited

I can see Van Gaal turning him into a striker. He was making great shadow runs yesterday.

prath92

I dont get why people always want to loan out players. You loan out your average talents, not your top ones. The best way to learn is to learn from the best. You won't learn much when you are surrounded by people worse then you.

We loaned out Cleverly, Welbeck, Tuna, Evans, Fabio, Macheda, Pettruci, Amos, Diouff and the list goes on and on.

Has anyone we ever loaned out came back as a succes? No. I rather have LVG training him every day and him training with the likes of Mata, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger etc then with bottom tier teams.
Cleverley welbeck and Evans did. The others that you mention wouldn't have made it at United anyways.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I dont get why people always want to loan out players. You loan out your average talents, not your top ones. The best way to learn is to learn from the best. You won't learn much when you are surrounded by people worse then you.

We loaned out Cleverly, Welbeck, Tuna, Evans, Fabio, Macheda, Pettruci, Amos, Diouff and the list goes on and on.

Has anyone we ever loaned out came back as a succes? No. I rather have LVG training him every day and him training with the likes of Mata, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger etc then with bottom tier teams.
Are you suggesting that if we had kept those players at the club instead of loaning them out that they might have been a success here?!

Welbeck, Cleverley and Evans all benefited hugely from their loans. They still weren't good enough to become long-term first team regulars here - simply because they weren't good enough, not because of the fact they were loaned out. They also spent plenty of time playing with (and in) the United first team so you can't say that they lacked opportunity to play with the best.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So this was the suprise!

Sam

He's a lot better centrally then out wide. I still think he'll end up as a #10, but he did well up top yesterday.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I heard one poster from Croatia (Zagreb I think) predicted LVG using Januzaj back in February. Cant remember the name. Something with some Greek god, sthing.
I will claim to be the first, having first stated it here in January 2014.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Too talented to not make it here.
Is how I feel.

My reaction after the second pre season game was knee jerk.

He's been good in two of them now. Hope he gets lots of chances this season.

Rezyuz

Are you suggesting that if we had kept those players at the club instead of loaning them out that they might have been a success here?!

Welbeck, Cleverley and Evans all benefited hugely from their loans. They still weren't good enough to become long-term first team regulars here - simply because they weren't good enough, not because of the fact they were loaned out. They also spent plenty of time playing with (and in) the United first team so you can't say that they lacked opportunity to play with the best.
Im suggesting that if your not good enough to get your spot in the first team after comjng through the academy tnhen you simply wont make it. And should be sold at that time.

This is the exact reason why we keep ending up with average.

Sell them with buy back clauses and learn from clubs who actually do it right.

Theres always an exception and some can be loaned which actually look really promising. But none of the players we loaned in the past ever looked that promising.

amolbhatia50k

Is anyone impressed by his hold up play in pre season? He's had a few nice RVP type hold up moments which our other strikers I.e Wilson and Rooney haven't.

buckooo1978

the pace with which he, Periera, Wilson and Lingard broke yesterday was very impressive

caught Barca out a couple of times

Kag

Because footballers don't improve while sitting on their backsides. If Januzaj is going to get regular minutes then we keep him here. If he isn't, then a loan is absolutely imperative, and probably the most important decision/non-decision in Januzaj's career. Get it right and we're laughing. Mess him around and we're stifling what I think is a generational kind of talent.

LR7

Adnan Januzaj vows to prove himself at Manchester United and win back starting berth
  • BY [URL='http://www.mirror.co.uk/authors/david-mcdonnell/']DAVID MCDONNELL
The young forward says he wants to put his lack of form behind him and force his way into boss Louis Van Gaal's plans

Adnan Januzaj[/URL] has vowed to put his difficult second season behind him to reclaim his Manchester United place.

Januzaj, 20, burst on to the scene two seasons ago at United under David Moyes, but found himself marginalised last term under Louis van Gaal.

The Belgium international has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford, but is determined to prove himself and has served notice of that intent this summer.

He flew to Dubai with team-mate Luke Shaw and a member of the club’s fitness staff for a week-long training camp to get in the best possible shape for the new season.

“We decided to do it because this season we both have to do better than last season,” said Januzaj.

“Last season I didn’t have many games but this year I have to be fit and get as many games as I can.

“It was our own decision to take a fitness coach from the club with us because I want to work hard and achieve something this season. I think it has helped already as I feel I am getting stronger.

“In Dubai it was about 50 degrees and it’s quite hot here in the US as well, so I think we’re used to this weather and maybe that is helping me more.

“We worked hard doing some other sports and we also worked on the pitch with the ball. When it’s 50 degrees, it is hard but hopefully it helps.”

“I like that position,” he said. "As a young player, I always played there, as a No.10.

"Only in the last two or three years have I been playing on the wing and also sometimes as a striker.” http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/adnan-januzaj-vows-prove-himself-6138061

LR7

Is anyone impressed by his hold up play in pre season? He's had a few nice RVP type hold up moments which our other strikers I.e Wilson and Rooney haven't.
Definitely impressed. He looks a lot stronger. LvG advised caution as it was against a Barça defence without Piqué. It'll be interesting to see him play against the likes of Thiago Silva in the game against PSG.

amolbhatia50k

Good attitude from both players. Hope they push on this season.

Alias
Do you think Januzaj will get much game time this season or will he end up getting loaned out? I hope not because I think the longer they're not getting opportunities at their club the more they become disconnected and start looking elsewhere.

ThanksBoss26

Do you think Januzaj will get much game time this season or will he end up getting loaned out? I hope not because I think the longer they're not getting opportunities at their club the more they become disconnected and start looking elsewhere.
I'm convinced he won't be loaned out. With European games he'll get more game time.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He had great composure for that goal, can't wait to see him this season. He's got so much talent, just needs some game time and direction. I think he'd be able to play up alongside Rooney against a minnow team.

Brightonian

Hmmm. David Beckham? Gerard Pique? :wenger:

We shouldn't be loaning Januzaj out at this stage. But to dismiss it as an option for top talents is daft, it can be hugely beneficial if you can find the right loan.

Devil may care

LvG rarely gives individual praise but on 3 separate occasions he brought up Adnan in last nights post-match interviews, he seemed genuinely excited by what he'd seen.

Question234

:lol: meant interns of being able to play any where across the front 4
ah i see.

I was very impressed with januzaj yesterday. LVG could afford to let muller start at Bayern in a weaker league. He insisted that muller must play. Maybe this season could be really good for januzaj.

ChaddyP

ah i see.

I was very impressed with januzaj yesterday. LVG could afford to let muller start at Bayern in a weaker league. He insisted that muller must play. Maybe this season could be really good for januzaj.

i hope so. Been really hoping adnan became an important first teamer for us. with di maria off this is looking more likely. Really think hes just fantastic on form

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Im suggesting that if your not good enough to get your spot in the first team after comjng through the academy tnhen you simply wont make it. And should be sold at that time.

This is the exact reason why we keep ending up with average.

Sell them with buy back clauses and learn from clubs who actually do it right.

Theres always an exception and some can be loaned which actually look really promising. But none of the players we loaned in the past ever looked that promising.
You're completely wrong mate.

So, what clubs should we learn from who do it right? Let's take a look.

Arsenal
Players from their academy currently in their first team (20+ caps):
Wilshere (loaned to Bolton), Coquelin (loaned out multiple times) Szczesny (loaned to Brentford), Bellerin (loaned to Watford) and Gibbs (no loan). Jenkinson currently on loan at West Ham again. So only one who didn't go out on loan in Gibbs. The best of the bunch Wilshere went out on loan, despite being one of the rare youth prospects who is ready for PL football at 18 (most aren't). Gibbs is no better than our recent youth products.

Chelsea
Players from their academy currently in the first team: (20+ caps)
Terry (loan) - and, erm that's it. Numerous other academy players all loaned out and have barely featured or not at all for the first team (Christensen, Kalas, Chalobah, Bamford etc). Short loan for Terry admittedly but then Chelsea were mid-table when he established himself in the first team.

Youngsters signed for the first team squad:
Courtois (loaned), Zouma (loaned), Moses (loaned), Ake (loaned), Salah, (loaned), Traore (loaned), Piazon (loaned), Romeu (loaned), Van Ginkel (loaned) - several more I can't be bothered to go through them all - only ones in the squad not loaned out are Mikel and Oscar (no loan) both of whom were already full internationals and Oscar had played a couple seasons top flight football in Brazil - Matic was first loaned and then sold - Chelsea did NOT include a buy-back clause and had to pay the full release clause that any other club would have had to pay. De Bruyne and Schurrle were both recently sold without buy-back clauses (De Bruyne had been out on loan too whilst at Chelsea, but I figure that kind of goes without saying by this point)

Man City
Players from their academy currently in their first team (20+ caps): None

Youngsters signed for the first team squad:
Hart (loaned multiple times) - and that's it

:rolleyes:

beergod

He's a lot better centrally then out wide. I still think he'll end up as a #10, but he did well up top yesterday.
Adnan's skill on the ball and frame allows for a lot of options once he bulked up. Teach him to tackle and and he could be an 8, teach him to shoot and and he is a prototypical modern 9, and he has always had the skill and creativity to be a 10. I think it was always a toss up as to where he would end up depending on what a manager saw from his play when he developed the strength to hold on to the ball in the middle.

Ekeke

I think Adnan has a weird skillset right now. I think the main things he's shown he's good at are A) knocking the ball past an opponent and getting away from them. He's one of those players who gets to the ball when you think the opposition player has the advantage, it sucks them in and he's away before they know it B) His crossing from the left in his first season was good, some dangerous balls. And C) good balance. Everything else still needs a lot of work and I think you could argue that he doesn't have all the skills needed for any position right now, but some skills which fit every position he's played from the false 9 to the side of a midfield diamond.

I think Wilson is now the one we would most likely send on loan as Hernandez can provide that pace and goals while Wilson goes out, scores a good 7 goals from regular playtime at a bottom half club and improves his ability to hold off challenges and comes back less raw.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
If said talent isn't forcing his way into the side (regardless of the side), then you have to re-assess just how much of a 'top' talent they are. Probably not quite as good or ready as people think.

It's just as effective to learn from playing as it is simply training (and barely) playing with top players. I thought this was well known.

And Januzaj wouldn't be playing with people worse than him if he went on loan. People suggest a premier League loan (though I think it's ridiculously optimistic to think he'll play week in - week out) and if he did go on one, he'd definitely not be better than his team-mates at any side he joined.

And if he went to some average La Liga side, for example - he'd learn and grow from the increased responsibility and the different perspective that would offer.

Rezyuz

If said talent isn't forcing his way into the side (regardless of the side), then you have to re-assess just how much of a 'top' talent they are. Probably not quite as good or ready as people think.

It's just as effective to learn from playing as it is simply training (and barely) playing with top players. I thought this was well known.

And Januzaj wouldn't be playing with people worse than him if he went on loan. People suggest a premier League loan (though I think it's ridiculously optimistic to think he'll play week in - week out) and if he did go on one, he'd definitely not be better than his team-mates at any side he joined.

And if he went to some average La Liga side, for example - he'd learn and grow from the increased responsibility and the different perspective that would offer.
I already suggested that if you are surrounded by top players you are fine, so if Januzaj gets loaned out to lets say a Tottenham, or Valencia then sure no problem. He can play and learn a lot.

What does beat the entire purpose is when he gets send to QPR or Elche and gets hammered every week. (and these are the type of teams our youngsters normally get loaned out too) Aka team barely has possession, not players to learn a lot from and you barely get forward to attack during games.

Every single united players always says "i learned so much from scholes, giggs, rvp etc" there has to be some sort of truth behind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.