Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
For me, the issue wasn't that he didn't a chance to come on today. The main problem was/is (and has been this entire season) that he hasn't got chances before Depay, who has absolutely atrocious for us barring a couple of games in Europa.

He should have started today.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
The cynical view is that LVG is only playing the youngsters that "he" can take credit for. The likes of Wilson, Januzaj and Pereira were all in/around the first team pre-LVG and have barely got a sniff. LVG wants to persist with others like Memphis so that he can take credit for bringing them in and developing them. It is all about his own personal glory and 'legacy'.

JoaquinJoaquin

At least he laughed the situation off. Still very bad man management from Van Gaal but that pretty much goes hand in hand with LVG now.

prath92

I might be biased but surely LVG must realized that it's very bad in terms of man management?
Why though? We were looking for a goal and we tried to bring him on. Then we scored and we were looking to shore up the defence with Schneiderlin. And later Carrick got injured and bringing in Adnan would have made us a bit more weaker so we brought on TFM. It's not unheard of at all. In fact it's something I'm sure mourinho would do too.

The United

The cynical view is that LVG is only playing the youngsters that "he" can take credit for. The likes of Wilson, Januzaj and Pereira were all in/around the first team pre-LVG and have barely got a sniff. LVG wants to persist with others like Memphis so that he can take credit for bringing them in and developing them. It is all about his own personal glory and 'legacy'.
Tbh managers should go for personal glory and legacy. But, you hope they do it the right way and benefit the team.

Even SAF has been accused of that shit even after he retired and people could be right for all we know.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
For me, the issue wasn't that he didn't a chance to come on today. The main problem was/is (and has been this entire season) that he hasn't got chances before Depay, who has absolutely atrocious for us barring a couple of games in Europa.

He should have started today.
This. One of the big gripes I have with LvG. I suppose its probably just a bit of human nature as well. Everyone has their so called favorites.

But I hate the fact that some players will get chances, no matter how shit they've performed, for how long. And others are seemingly frozen out, or find it difficult to get opportunities - after 1 poor performance or a mistake etc.

FromTheBench

I don't get why LVG chickened out the first time he bringing him on.

Yeah we scored but need not go defensive to hold 1-0 vs Norwich straight away.

I think he did it once before with Januzaj (Or someone else) when he was coming on and we scored. But that time The opposition grabbed a equalizer despite or thanks to LVG's defensive sub instead. Which game was it ? Anyone remember ?

Remember posting about it too.

m1y2

this is exactly a game for anybody but Januzaj, might not do worse than Mata from the right though

m1y2

based on that two involvements in the game he deserves to start next game, got nothing to lose and you can always save lingard for the fa cup final..

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Showed quality in the 3 minutes he was on. Seriously, I don't know if I'm a delusional fanboy of him or if my judgement is totally off. Every time I watch him play he oozes world class talent. Why does the management (and some other fans) not see this?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's a shame that Memphis has been stinking up the pitch all season, Lingard has been painfully mediocre for 13-14 games and this guy can barely get a kick. Say all you want about his lack of end product, but Januzaj usually looks like a PL level footballer at worst and a great talent at best, unlike what we've seen from Memphis for large chunks of this season.

prath92

It's a shame that Memphis has been stinking up the pitch all season, Lingard has been painfully mediocre for 13-14 games and this guy can barely get a kick. Say all you want about his lack of end product, but Januzaj usually looks like a PL level footballer at worst and a great talent at best, unlike what we've seen from Memphis for large chunks of this season.
How much has Memphis played since December though? I don't think he started a lot of games other than EL (where januzaj couldn't play anyways). Januzaj did come on a few times and was out injured for a month. He also hasn't really taken his chances.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
How much has Memphis played since December though? I don't think he started a lot of games other than EL (where januzaj couldn't play anyways). Januzaj did come on a few times and was out injured for a month. He also hasn't really taken his chances.
Januzaj 1286 minutes over 28 appearances in the last 2 seasons while Memphis has 913 minutes over 19 appearances just from New Year's. Seen as Memphis has seemingly been frozen out in the new year then it is hard to say Januzaj has been given a chance.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What was he going to do in 3 mins? LVG is a fecking clown.

:lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What fecking chances?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Memphis has played plenty all season despite being horrible.

What chances? You mean the three games at the start of the season where he was actually decent unlike most of Memphis' performances.

The attitude stuff might be genuine but it's a real shame this kid was deemed unnecessary at the start. Not sure what firepower LVG thought we apparently had.

prath92

Memphis has played plenty all season despite being horrible.

What chances? You mean the three games at the start of the season where he was actually decent unlike most of Memphis' performances.

The attitude stuff might be genuine but it's a real shame this kid was deemed unnecessary at the start. Not sure what firepower LVG thought we apparently had.
Januzaj could have and probably should have pushed for a starting role last season. Di Maria was useless and had he given more of an effort he could have got into the team ahead of him. Mata for instance was benched for almost 2 months but he worked hard, got a chance took it and started lot of games since. Even young started as a winger ahead of Di Maria and januzaj is a lot more talented than him. LvG for all his buffoonery tactically and gives chances to youngsters if they stake a claim. Mourinho wouldn't play a youngster to save his life. Just a couple of days back, Sam luckhurst tweeted that warren Joyce was complaining about him putting an effort for u21 games. Whatever the reason, that's extremely naive from someone who has got a lot to prove.

Overall I'm disappointed with him. His overall demeanour seems to be that he feels entitled. Maybe I'm being harsh because I liked him so much that I used to argue with random Liverpool fans on Twitter that he was better than sterling and he has let me down.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Wherever he will play next season, it will be a crucial one for him. He used to be a top talent, now we don't know

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Just a couple of days back, Sam luckhurst tweeted that warren Joyce was complaining about him putting an effort for u21 games. Whatever the reason, that's extremely naive from someone who has got a lot to prove.
And the very next day Adnan was in the first team squad. So is he being rewarded for a bad attitude or is Luckhurst full of shit? I think we all know the answer to that. If you think Joyce yelling at a player means anything then you clearly don't know Joyce.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Januzaj could have and probably should have pushed for a starting role last season. Di Maria was useless and had he given more of an effort he could have got into the team ahead of him. Mata for instance was benched for almost 2 months but he worked hard, got a chance took it and started lot of games since. Even young started as a winger ahead of Di Maria and januzaj is a lot more talented than him. LvG for all his buffoonery tactically and gives chances to youngsters if they stake a claim. Mourinho wouldn't play a youngster to save his life. Just a couple of days back, Sam luckhurst tweeted that warren Joyce was complaining about him putting an effort for u21 games. Whatever the reason, that's extremely naive from someone who has got a lot to prove.

Overall I'm disappointed with him. His overall demeanour seems to be that he feels entitled. Maybe I'm being harsh because I liked him so much that I used to argue with random Liverpool fans on Twitter that he was better than sterling and he has let me down.
He might still be better than Sterling...

Not the lad's biggest fan but thought he did well in the few minutes he got. Hope we see him again before the season's end.

prath92

And the very next day Adnan was in the first team squad. So is he being rewarded for a bad attitude or is Luckhurst full of shit? I think we all know the answer to that. If you think Joyce yelling at a player means anything then you clearly don't know Joyce.
Yeah maybe. Luckhurst himself seemed to get this off someone else but still he hasn't done anything to deserve start. Memphis has been shit and shouldn't start either. But the point was that Adnan has to improve a long way if he needs to get into the squad under mourinho, something I want. But it doesn't seem very likely.

PS- wanted to vent about this for a long time so apologies if I didn't make sense. Emotion over sense I suppose. :p

LouisDanGaal

Luke Shaw has just been interviewed and stated he believes Januzaj could go on to be one of the best players in the world. I really agree with him, the problem with players like him is when they have limited chances they try too hard to prove themselves and end up trying to do it all on their own. LVG has been good for certain youth players but our two most naturally talented footballers in Januzaj and Pereira really have had no luck under him.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Luke Shaw has just been interviewed and stated he believes Januzaj could go on to be one of the best players in the world. I really agree with him, the problem with players like him is when they have limited chances they try too hard to prove themselves and end up trying to do it all on their own. LVG has been good for certain youth players but our two most naturally talented footballers in Januzaj and Pereira really have had no luck under him.
Exactly. Pretty much sums what I feel about Januzaj and Pereira and even Wilson.
You pit a 19 year old against ADM, its pretty obvious Januzaj would try too hard. Even when ADM was poor, Young was preferred.
One can't argue that he lacks talent, Moyes' season proved that at the very least. One can only wonder, if LVG had trusted him the same way he trusted Depay at the beginning of season, how good Januzaj would have become

dichinero

Exactly. Pretty much sums what I feel about Januzaj and Pereira and even Wilson.
You pit a 19 year old against ADM, its pretty obvious Januzaj would try too hard. Even when ADM was poor, Young was preferred.
One can't argue that he lacks talent, Moyes' season proved that at the very least. One can only wonder, if LVG had trusted him the same way he trusted Depay at the beginning of season, how good Januzaj would have become
This

One can only wonder what Fergie or Poch or Klopp would have done with this bunch of youngsters. An arm around and encouragement does wonders for a young player.

I can't remember the player interview that said Fergie once told him to forget about the last few matches that didn't go so well but he should step out on the pitch of OT with confidence of the best player in the world. He was a young player at the time

Any player would work harder if they know their manager cares about them.

I still have high hopes for the lad.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
They are best mates.

LouisDanGaal

They are best mates.
You don't say someone could go on to be one of the best players in the world just because you don't want to upset your buddy. He must see him in training and realise what a great talent he is, we've all seen the glimpses of top quality and an on form and confident Januzaj really could go places.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
They are best mates.
i wouldnt say that about my mate unless i believed it. Januzaj is an unbelievable talent, easily up there with pogba and under fergie would have been amazing here. Lets see if the next manager can get his true potential out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.