5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDwyr

He's getting a decent run of games which is good to see.

Zoo

Pleasing to see Van Gaal have faith in Januzaj and is willing to give him a run of games.

facund

Yeh he's a brilliant and exciting talent. Really enjoy watching him play, just don't think he's suited to the 10. Especially in games where the space is really tight.

I've seen posters really focus on this "run beyond the striker" argument. I agree it's a useful trait but the focus on that particular trait is way too large. Only seems to have started since it was mentioned by a pundit too...

David Silva is probably the best #10 in the league and he's not constantly sprinting past his striker. The position is about much more than that.
Jari Litmanen was not a #10 in the mould of Silva and nor is Thomas Muller but they are two of the best exponents of LVGs system. As much goalscorer as creator and playing closer to the position of a second/shadow striker than that of the classic #10. Lets not forget that this is the man who saw no use for Riquelme in his philosophy.

I think it was LVG himself that said he likes his third midfielder (although why he refers to the position as midfield is beyond me) running beyond the striker when he was talking up Memphis for the role in preseason. I imagine Silva would be put on the wing if he was at our disposal as he doesn't offer the goal threat that LVG seems to crave from this role.

Janujaz has been a bit sloppy in the past two games but he is young and has not enjoyed a solid run in the team since Moyes (through his own poor form I admit). I liked what I saw in terms of movement, energy and tempo and so am willing to offer him a little patience to see how he grows in to the role. The fact that he is comfortable interchanging with both Memphis and Mata makes the potential combo quite promising as well.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Jari Litmanen was not a #10 in the mould of Silva and nor is Thomas Muller but they are two of the best exponents of LVGs system. As much goalscorer as creator and playing closer to the position of a second/shadow striker than that of the classic #10. Lets not forget that this is the man who saw no use for Riquelme in his philosophy.

I think it was LVG himself that said he likes his third midfielder (although why he refers to the position as midfield is beyond me) running beyond the striker when he was talking up Memphis for the role in preseason. I imagine Silva would be put on the wing if he was at our disposal as he doesn't offer the goal threat that LVG seems to crave from this role.

Janujaz has been a bit sloppy in the past two games but he is young and has not enjoyed a solid run in the team since Moyes (through his own poor form I admit). I liked what I saw in terms of movement, energy and tempo and so am willing to offer him a little patience to see how he grows in to the role. The fact that he is comfortable interchanging with both Memphis and Mata makes the potential combo quite promising as well.
Riquelme was the very definition of a luxury player tbf but you're correct. I understand why Adnan is being played in the #10, I'm just expressing that I'm not convinced it's a role that gets the best out of him.

Having said that I shouldn't complain too loudly, Adnan is a massive step up in that role compared to Fellaini.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great stuff. I'm glad LVG sees the upside to giving him chances. In terms of natural talent he's right up there.

m1y2

tbf to Adnan, who was the last player who was great at no10 role for us? We have so many players who can play there but it's just difficult position to master and for such a young lad even more so. He has no speed to be exactly future winger but playing there certainly helped him build his confidence, anyway maybe it's good we should start giving him games as no10 as it's his future best position if we look at the start position of the player.

I think he would come best as a free roaming attacking player but wasn't it what he showed only recently? He made some good runs which indicate that he likes to play as a nonconventional no10 interchanging positions with the front four. I hope he starts showing more composure and will not lose ball so easily but once he bulks and wise up he can be beasty player, he already has a great flair but tends not to show it so often as the rest of our formation is a little bit too strict positionaly, good signs lately though, and as a player in Van Gaal systems he is supposed to build confidence through the whole game with passing around.

So I hope he gets few good touches early in the game and we will see some take-ons and some through balls from him which I am missing from him recently

Annahnomoss

Fecking stoked to see Adnan play again. He's clearly a developing player who's chasing form after last years debacle but I thought he showed very promising signs last game and our attack just screams out for some flair and dribbling when we have Mata out wide. Mata has done his defensive job so good that it makes sense to play Januzaj centrally and I've always thought it will be his long term position anyhow.

As a winger he lacks the pace and dribbling to be world class but as a number 10 his dribbling is top notch and only Firmino and Sterling betters him in it and I'd say he's quite close to them in that regard even. His all-round game is already very good but he needs to learn the importance of composure in that number 10 role, sometimes dropping back towards the central midfield and just offering a one touch option for them is vital too. Especially against the bigger sides who exclusively plays midfield threes which makes it hard for our two midfielders if there is no easy passing routes.

Annahnomoss

tbf to Adnan, who was the last player who was great at no10 role for us? We have so many players who can play there but it's just difficult position to master and for such a young lad even more so. He has no speed to be exactly future winger but playing there certainly helped him build his confidence, anyway maybe it's good we should start giving him games as no10 as it's his future best position if we look at the start position of the player.

I think he would come best as a free roaming attacking player but wasn't it what he showed only recently? He made some good runs which indicate that he likes to play as a nonconventional no10 interchanging positions with the front four. I hope he starts showing more composure and will not lose ball so easily but once he bulks and wise up he can be beasty player, he already has a great flair but tends not to show it so often as the rest of our formation is a little bit too strict positionaly, good signs lately though, and as a player in Van Gaal systems he is supposed to build confidence through the whole game with passing around.

So I hope he gets few good touches early in the game and we will see some take-ons and some through balls from him which I am missing from him recently
Exactly. He was making overlapping runs out wide which is essential if we want to allow Mata/Depay so much freedom to cut inside and he looked pretty good overall. Had some nice moments beating his man and just some minutes in to last game he should have had an assist on that cross to Rooney.

I don't think he needs to bulk up, the problem is that Januzaj still hasn't learnt to judge when the opponent is pressing too well - in which case he should just pass it back to Schweinsteiger and then trust him and the team to use the space that was created from dragging that defender out of position. He's trying too hard to control every ball and turn his opponent.

He just made 16 passes in 60 minutes against Villa and he had 28 touches.

Carl

His decision making at key moments is horrendous.
Certainly can be.

It's becoming really frustrating that the opposition are seemingly allowed to kick him all over the pitch without the ref being the slightest bit bothered. Happened against Villa too.

Carl

He's actually deceptively quick. Granted he's not blistering but certainly quick enough.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Good half, still needs to be stronger, but this lad is gonna be some player

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
One moment he provides a wonderful through ball to Memphis. The next 3 times he dwells on the ball and turns possession over either directly or indirectly with a stitch pass and kills attacks.

Please switch with Mata.

Devil may care

I thought he had a decent half, there were times he got the ball, looked up and the movement ahead was poor so he had to play it square, I didn't feel he made poor decisions.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I thought he had a decent half, there were times he got the ball, looked up and the movement ahead was poor so he had to play it square, I didn't feel he made poor decisions.
Rooney needs to stay in the fecking middle

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's played relatively well there in these three games. Lost the ball easily too often but picked up good positions, played some nice passes and carried the ball very well. It's been three promising performances rather than three good performances, but he's done enough to warrant a run there. Including getting the assist for Rooney's ruled out goal today.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thought he was one of our better players in attack. Will only grow into his position with more games.

Unlikely lad

Not being knocked off as easily. It's ludicrous how much starting games can improve a young player

m1y2

he looks fine, been overlooked at times with his runs off the ball after which he lacks a bit of stamina himself, the transition between midfield and front four has come to shit after Sweinsteigger picked a little injury and was running it off for the rest of the half..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Are these refs going to offer him some protection or what? Anita all but trying to bum him

In Rainbows

I think the dive and the score is going to influence a lot of the caf posters about his performance. He did well and should have had an assist.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Again bullied off the ball. Dived as well. Disappointing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.