Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I keep trying to understand why he gets to play so much in that position and I still don't get it.
I know. Average shielding of the ball, diver, no pace, no real shooting threat.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He was decent in the first half, then faded. It has got to the point where I refuse to judge our attacking players until we get a new striker in.. having Rooney up top would make Messi as a 10 look shite.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Think a lot of people are being harsh on him today. While not an amazing performance, it was a good performance for the most part. First half he was involved plenty and a part of why we were dominating at the beginning.

Devil may care

Some of the posts in here....wow. Was always going to get the hook for Hernandez but he'll only improve with game time.

Raw

I don't think he adds enough as a #10. He was alright in the first half but again he gets shoved around far too much, might be better to see him on the wing some time.

And he needs to cut out his diving antics already, fecking embarrassing.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not a fan of his. I don't see the potential that so many others see.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What an overreaction from some here. Put Rooney through which should have stood, put Depay through, he had his moments today.

In Rainbows

Some of the posts in here....wow. Was always going to get the hook for Hernandez but he'll only improve with game time.
It's the dive and the score. People are being incredibly harsh. Either that, or they didn't pay attention enough. It's fine if people want Herrera as a starter, but some comments are ridiculous.

Last edited:

Ixion

Not strong enough and decision making too slow. He isn't ready to be a starter for us.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
We certainly need to sign a direct, fast, experienced attacking player (Pedro). Infact we probably need 2 as Memphis should be coming on as a sub this season and not starting.

Januzaj - loan him out.

djembatheking

It is not overreacting , he just hasn`t been good . I am sure most people , myself included , would love to see him come good but so far he has looked poor and is massively overrated . LVG likes a naturally attack minded player as his number 10 but on todays showing Herrera couldn`t of done worse if he tried . Fellaini would have replaced him much earlier if he had been available in my opinion . Time will tell I suppose , hopefully he will come good . The dive was embarrassing , he needs to cut that out .

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
I thought he was very good in the first half. Shame he had to drop deep to get the ball. But the touch, movement, and passing was impressive. Looked a bit like Juan Valeron, early on in his career

Bojan11

He had his moments. But there's times he's just taking too many touches and not releasing it early.

I don't think he should be a starter yet. But I rather keep him than loan him to shite like Sunderland.

Devil may care

It's the dive and the score. People are being incredibly harsh. Either that, or they didn't pay attention enough. It's fine if people want Herrera as a starter, but some comments are ridiculous.
The fact he's copping so much abuse is bizarre to me given his age and the fact the movement ahead of him was so poor, not to mention that Memphis was equally ineffective overall.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It is not overreacting , he just hasn`t been good . I am sure most people , myself included , would love to see him come good but so far he has looked poor and is massively overrated . LVG likes a naturally attack minded player as his number 10 but on todays showing Herrera couldn`t of done worse if he tried . Fellaini would have replaced him much earlier if he had been available in my opinion . Time will tell I suppose , hopefully he will come good . The dive was embarrassing , he needs to cut that out .
He doesn't look overrated at all. He looks like a massive talent who is unsurprisingly rough around the edges.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
I think we're struggling to make it happen for him. He's probably not an attacker, probably not an attacker in a front three either. To me he's a winger. Sometimes has his moments with dribbling and can take a shot. It's just his body is not strong enough or especially fitting to be a striker/forward. I'm willing to give him more time though because he's not crap.

The_Midfielder

He should have two assists today.. Was pushed, kicked all game by Anita.. he was not bad at all..

djembatheking

He doesn't look overrated at all. He looks like a massive talent who is unsurprisingly rough around the edges.
I agree he has got talent but still think he is overrated , he`s still got a lot to prove and I really hope he does but he was poor again today .

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Hit and miss but that's hardly surprising considering his age and development stage.

Needs to stop diving though. That was pathetic today.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Needs a dazzling performance in his current position to really announce himself. Or I fear he'll be repalced by Fellaini soon.

gza the genius

I thought he played relatively well, he was probably our biggest threat for much of the time he was playing. His runs through the middle help us out a lot and make us dangerous, we just need to figure out how to finish our chances.

He's still very young so the inconsistency in his decision making will only get better. The dive was pathetic though.

djembatheking

Of course he's got a lot to prove. He's 20 years old ffs.
He has got time on his side but LVG hasn`t and can see him going with Fellaini when available as even though he likes to give youth a chance he can`t afford to when he needs results .

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I thought he played well. Played a good ball through to Memphis who messed it up, he collected the ball in various areas of the pitch, I actually thought he protected the ball OK, a few times he should have won a free kick and he didn't lose it in any dangerous areas today.

I feel sorry for any #10 who gets criticised for not releasing the ball early enough when you've got absolutely no movement from your #9

ottosec

I can't believe what I am reading in this thread... Ridiculous.

It was his best game this season.

ZDwyr

Needs to cut out the diving, obviously. I don't think he should be playing in that behind the striker role either. At least not at this stage of his career. He needs to keep developing physically and learn to protect the ball better. Mata, Herrera, and Fellaini should be ahead of him in that current role.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I liked what I saw from him today. Had a bit of cut and thrust about him that was missing in previous games.

In Rainbows

Obviously weak and lets it show. Can't see any premiership defenders being worried when they see him starting. I agree that Fellaini would be far more effective.
I don't think Fellaini should be the one to replace him. I think Fellaini should be the Plan B when we need a goal. If anyone is to replace Adnan it should be Herrera.

Sylar

His going to the ground easily is what annoyed me most about him more than anything. He also needs to improve his strength (which might go hand in hand with that).

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Can we really carry 2 inconsistent young but obviously talented players in the team? Once Fellaini is back i expect him to take his place.

Ace of Spades

He was fine, it does not help when your no. 9 keeps dropping deeper than you. That gave the defenders the freedom to close him down with no striker to cause them problems.

I want to see what he can do with a proper striker, not one who seems to play everywhere except where he is supppsed to play.

JohnnyLaw

Its only due to circumstances which are completely out of his hands that this thread isn't housing a veritable wank fest at the moment.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Not productive. Rooney and Hernandez a better option. A great talent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.