5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

devil in me

I want to see his run in the side continue. If hes going to develop he needs to be playing consistently. Amongst the dour football this season, ive quite enjoyed watching Shaw, Depay amd Memphis being given important roles.

In Rainbows

The better highlight video

Yeah, some of the people saying he had a bad game need to start paying more attention.

I'm happy with him so far. Looking far more like the player who initially broke through than the one we saw last season. I prefer him in the middle as well as he's got the class for that role. I would prefer him playing a bit deeper though. Right now he's almost playing as a striker with Mata coming inside to playmake. Overall, good start to the season.
I'm sure that's the way he's always played as a 10, but LVG recently said he prefers his 10s to be more like second strikers than midfielders.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Not great but was he really that bad...
Of course not, it was a decent to pretty good performance. If not for the incompetence of the linesman and the horrible touch from Memphis he should have had two assists. There was also the break he had with Mata and Rooney and the two of them made the two shittiest runs imaginable. Him being weak is massively overstated and he did well to hold off Colo and Anita on a number of occasions, he also doesn't lose the ball anywhere near as much as some like to believe. The best passing percentage on the team and according to the stats only dispossessed once.

He was also taken out late off the ball a few times by Anita and Colback who somehow weren't booked for any of them but of course the almighty anti-divers will come in force and bitch about him spending more time on the ground than on his feet.

MoneyMay

Again bullied off the ball. Dived as well. Disappointing again.
I think he won as many physical duels as he lost, so I wouldn't really say he was bullied. Certainly a big improvement on his last league game where he really struggled physically. His overall performance was decent and was nowhere near as bad as you make it seem, he was our best attacking player in the first half. Still has a long way to go obviously, but for someone who has played a handful of games as a #10 for the first team and is learning to play higher up the pitch, I think he's done well.

SATA

He needs to start and finish a game for his own confidence. Don't really like the way van Gaal had him substituted for the past three games

the hea

He needs to start and finish a game for his own confidence. Don't really like the way van Gaal had him substituted for the past three games
I'm pretty sure the subs were planned in advance due to him lacking match fitness for the full 90 minutes he came off around the 60 minute mark in all three games.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
The better highlight video

Yeah, some of the people saying he had a bad game need to start paying more attention.

I'm sure that's the way he's always played as a 10, but LVG recently said he prefers his 10s to be more like second strikers than midfielders.
Could easily have had two assists. A good performance. The dive was disgusting, I despise it. He doesn't get enough protection from refs but his diving is a big reason I feel why refs are hesitant to. He needs to cut that out of his game immediately, I loath it. Have I made that clear yet?

Nevertheless I hope he continues as its clear he's getting better every match.

khoazany

As far as the last game is concerned he wasn't bullied much in a proper way.It was just an incompetent performance from the ref.

Don't get people who want Fellani to be back to the XI.Do you enjoy hoofball that much?I don't.It's an effective Plan B, but we won't challenge for anything in the near future if that's gonna be Plan A.

Empire

I want to see his run in the side continue. If hes going to develop he needs to be playing consistently. Amongst the dour football this season, ive quite enjoyed watching Shaw, Depay amd Memphis being given important roles.
That could work.

Depay Januzaj Memphis
- - - - - ST - - - - - - - -

United22

Depay and Memphis have both been really good for us, I agree

Empire

I think he's fully deserving of his place in the side at the moment. Offers something completely different to anything else we have.

I honestly think the Memphis - Januzaj - Mata combination would be superb behind a form, genuine number 9.
It could be if they gel, a long way to go, we were poor in the final third against Newcastle yet had plenty of chances, defensively we seem fine and in midfield too, I would imagine a lot of drills are being done for the final third in training so who knows when the attacking quartet develop their understanding.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'd prefer him to stay here. He'd end up in and out of the side at Everton, even if they don't sign either Bernard or Yarmolenko, as seems likely. He'd be up against players that are owned by Everton, who they have more interest in being successful and I think he could easily only play 25 games there. If we manage him right he should play that amount for us, particularly if we don't sign anyone else, as seems likely.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd prefer him to stay here. He'd end up in and out of the side at Everton, even if they don't sign either Bernard or Yarmolenko, as seems likely. He'd be up against players that are owned by Everton, who they have more interest in being successful and I think he could easily only play 25 games there. If we manage him right he should play that amount for us, particularly if we don't sign anyone else, as seems likely.
Agree. And the sings against Newcastle were very good with regards to him and first team football here IMO.

Sam

I think he played quite well, I don't think LVG is helping anyone with playing him as a second striker though.

He needs to play as a proper #10, linking the midfield to the attack.

santeria13

Sublemon
I think he played quite well, I don't think LVG is helping anyone with playing him as a second striker though.

He needs to play as a proper #10, linking the midfield to the attack.
But, but, but LVG wants his #10 to be a second striker :confused: Herrera is essentially the perfect man for the role you're talking about.

Sam

But, but, but LVG wants his #10 to be a second striker :confused: Herrera is essentially the perfect man for the role you're talking about.
Yeah he does. And I think its totally the wrong decision. The link between midfield and attack is non existent because of it.

Personally I'd love Ander in that 3rd midfielder role.

OldRed73

That's right Louis - send one of our options to play up front on loan - that will make Rooney REALLY undroppable :rolleyes:

santeria13

Sublemon
Yeah he does. And I think its totally the wrong decision. The link between midfield and attack is non existent because of it.

Personally I'd love Ander in that 3rd midfielder role.
As would I. I generally support LVG but he really is making some baffling decisions lately.

Tosicsleftpeg

Thought he was much much better yesterday and made allot of good passes. He looked like he took on board lvgs words about losing the ball and was far better at it yesterday. I say keep playing him in there for now give him 5 or 6 starts at least then him game time throughout the season.

khoazany

Thought he was much much better yesterday and made allot of good passes. He looked like he took on board lvgs words about losing the ball and was far better at it yesterday. I say keep playing him in there for now give him 5 or 6 starts at least then him game time throughout the season.
Would be interesting if he was kept in the XI for our next game as I believe he had never played 4 first team games in a row before.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Theoretically, but Everton have not had this approach to loans previously, so I don't see why they will start now. Adnan would need to prove himself, but if he is good enough, he will play.

Martinez has recently enjoyed great success with Lukaku, Barry and Deloufeu on loan, and made all three integral parts of his team.

Anyway, I'd like Adnan to stay too. Some may be a bit frustrated, and perhaps more of his development process should be done out wide. That said, this temporary frustratio now will certainly be worth it soon, because he has the potential to bone of the best players in the country by th time he's 22.

JoaquinJoaquin

That's right Louis - send one of our options to play up front on loan - that will make Rooney REALLY undroppable :rolleyes:
For what it's worth I don't think we would be foolish enough to do this as things stand at the moment. If we did this alongside not buying then Louie really is a dead man walking IMO.

OldRed73

For what it's worth I don't think we would be foolish enough to do this as things stand at the moment. If we did this alongside not buying then Louie really is a dead man walking IMO.

He's just said that he won't buy a striker unless he's the best striker in the world

.. but we already have Rooney so how can there be anyone better? :D

Adnan needs games but I doubt he'll get many with Fellaini back - doesn't disguise the fact that we need a top striker and it looks like we won't get one this season

So now the pressure is really on LVG to get us top 4 so we can attract players again next year and IMO it will be harder than last year

RedDevil@84

Decent performances so far. No major howlers too.
But if he is left out, I would probably not bat an eyelid.

Born2Lose

I don't really get the point of playing Januzaj behind Rooney at home against a packed Newcastle defence, I'd much prefer to see Hernandez starting and play with two proper strikers.

Marcus

We need to give Januzaj a couple of games to get into the swing of things. He is talented enough, just needs the gametime.

Cypriot

Hope he starts again against Brugge. If it wasn't for a dodgy offside call and Memphis' poor decision making (at the time he was through on goal) - we would have been celebrating a star performance at the weekend.

FromTheBench

He dropped deeper and deeper as the half wore on.

Was even tracking runners into our box at few points.

Status
Not open for further replies.