Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Doesn't seem to know his role in the team. Typically too close to Rooney, and not drifting into good positions at all.

Pretty poor.

entropy

Not sure how many remember this but Rooney was with his back to the defence and had a great chance to lay it for Adnan. He was in yards of space towards rooney's left. But he preferred to wait to link up with Memphis. Could have been a great chance for him.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I like Adnan, and he's got the talent to make it here, but no matter what he thinks, he's not quite good enough to be our No.10. It's doubly frustrating to see Mata keep the ball effortlessly to no real impact on the right, while he loses it constantly in more dangerous areas.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Probably second worse performance out there, after Herrera (who, tbf, grew into the game a bit better as the half went on). Our midfield is still way too open though and the gap between them and Januzaj is huge.

Jev

Yeah, he's not good enough to be more than a bit-part player for us at this moment. We should loan him out to a team that can afford to give him the minutes he needs.

There's this myth that we have so many no. 10's but if this is what LVG sees as our strongest side right now, then Adnan is the player who would be easiest to upgrade on.

Dominos

4 games in a row he's been given now, he's just not justifying his place.. I'd play him out wide next time we play him, he is capable of beating a man at least, he's not doing it as a #10.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's not a number 10... I have no idea why LVG, or anyone for that matter, has ever thought that he is.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Genuinely didn't even realise he was playing until late on in the half. Fellaini to replace him please.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's handing the spot to Fellaini emphatically.

bishblaize

If Rooney comes back into full form Id be happier to stick with Januzaj, but while Rooney's only half firing I really dont think we can continue with Januzaj in the no. 10. It means the entire attack in central areas isn't functioning.

Hed Zitin

You've got to be stronger than he is to play in the middle. He looks great at ten at U21 level, but the physicality has effected him.

settembrini

No idea why Van Gaal doesn't at least try swapping him and Mata around, it would benefit both players imo.

ottosec

I am a big fan, but he's been wank so far.

I think his problem is his lack of movement, he just stays and waits for the ball and obviously he always has some guy on his back.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
someone tell him to start lifting weights guys so weak a slight breeze could carry him away.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's handing the spot to Fellaini emphatically.
Yup. If we sign another forward I'm almost certain he'll go out on loan. Still looks a little undercooked for constant gametime here.

nemanja15

His touch is not good enough to play in the tightest areas on the pitch. A very, very ordinary half considering he's now had a run in this position.

ManUtd1999

I am a big fan, but he's been wank so far.

I think his problem is his lack of movement, he just stays and waits for the ball and obviously he always has some guy on his back.
This is just one problem.

He does not really make things happen. I mean, I didn't know what exactly he did in the first half or against New Castle for that matter. He should wake up or LVG may move on!

Rowem

gently, down the stream
He looked a lot stronger in pre-season, what's happened? Or does he just need to bulk up a bit more?

m1y2

good first three minutes releasing Shaw and Rooney, then average and hiding, he's not dynamic player, needs to be or little stronger, can't really be pushed off the ball like that

Mainoldo

He's not a number 10... I have no idea why LVG, or anyone for that matter, has ever thought that he is.
Apparently he played numerous games for the youth team there.... "Apparently" either way he needs replacing in the XI. We need an upgrade.

Bojan11

Should watch Herrera and his movement.

Januzaj just stands still.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He'll struggle to get in ahead of Herrera in the number 10 role on the basis of tonight, but he'll still play regularly I think, even if it's more often on the wings as a sub.

Cantona'sCollar

Classic redcafe. He was sub-par tonight, but he's a very young player who hasn't had regular game-time since his first professional season, which was 2 years ago with Moyes. Not to mention he's in a new position, in a system that (at first sight) doesn't seem to suit him. He excels with freedom and a license to play with risk.

We should judge him at the end of the season. He definitely can't be accused of not trying, to be fair to him - he was tracking a few runners and tried to make things happen around the box, it's just that he is going through a spell where nothing is coming off for him.

I'd like to see him go on loan, but we may need him in case of an injury to Mata/Depay/Young, and he'll have plenty of times to impress in the cup games. No doubt he has to step it up, though. He's definitely capable of more than this.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He needs more games but not sure he will get them for a while now. Let's see what LVG does but so far he has not shown enough

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
A bit gutted for him. He seemed lifeless today... Didnt do a lot wrong, but offered very little going forward.

Just a shame that he didnt an assist or two against Newcastle as he deserved it, but now with this showing I cant see him playing for some time.

One thing Ive noticed about Adnan is his movement / lack thereof. Perhaps this is true of every player, but Adnan's best matches have been where he's moving all the time and looking lively. In his first year he was jumping around and moving like a mad man at every chance. It hasnt really been the case since then... Not sure why not?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Classic redcafe. He was sub-par tonight, but he's a very young player who hasn't had regular game-time since his first professional season, which was 2 years ago with Moyes. Not to mention he's in a new position, in a system that (at first sight) doesn't seem to suit him. He excels with freedom and a license to play with risk.

We should judge him at the end of the season. He definitely can't be accused of not trying, to be fair to him - he was tracking a few runners and tried to make things happen around the box, it's just that he is going through a spell where nothing is coming off for him.

I'd like to see him go on loan, but we may need him in case of an injury to Mata/Depay/Young, and he'll have plenty of times to impress in the cup games. No doubt he has to step it up, though. He's definitely capable of more than this.
In what was is this "classic redcafe"? By saying he was poor (he was) or by saying he's not a number 10 (he's not)... either way, I don't see how anyone has been overly harsh on the bloke or anything.

dirkey

In a way, I think this thread is classic Caf. On the one hand, you've those people who just overhype Adnan to a huge degree. Can't understand how he isn't always the number 10 etc, nearly wet themselves when he's in the lineup.

On the other, you've the people who are only too delighted to come in here and bash him the minute he makes a mistake.

For my own part, I don't think he's been very good this year. I think he is a decent player, with a chance to be quite good. I don't see him becoming world class (hope I'm wrong) and don't think he's ready to be a regular just yet, and definitely not at the number 10 position. He has done a few decent things this year for sure, but overall, not enough for me. Would rather him out of the side for a few games now.

He was terrible tonight.

NinjaFletch

You're bound to get games like this from young players.

Hope we stick with him, he's not going to get better sitting on the bench.

Raw

I just don't like him as a #10, even though he did play a lot there for the reserves. Would rather see him on the wing.

Cantona'sCollar

In what was is this "classic redcafe"? By saying he was poor (he was) or by saying he's not a number 10 (he's not)... either way, I don't see how anyone has been overly harsh on the bloke or anything.

I thought he was wank today, and I also agree that he isn't a 10 at this moment in time. I don't disagree with that. I'm referring to the people who are making definite statements about whether he will ever end up as a 10 or not, as well as one of the comments above me, claiming he will never live up to the hype. He's obviously better on the wing, but that was just one season. Let's not forget how good he was, centrally, in the youth set-up - perhaps when he isn't as light as a feather, he will be able to adapt. Maybe not. I just think people are overreacting, as bad as he was.

He was worse than he is now while on the wing, last season, when people were crying for him to be tried as a 10 or a 9. Short memories.

Robbie Boy

No stop, didn't you read his post: we can't judge him until the end of the season. So we should leave all player performance threads locked until then as discussing players during the season, based on their y'know actual real-time performances, is just "classic RedCafe". God, I hate posts like his, such self-indulged, better-fan-than-you, crap.

Fwiw, Januzaj hasn't justified his inclusion this season thus far. Herrera offered far more in that role once Januzaj came off. I like him a lot and he's shown some nice touches and his goal against Villa was well taken. But he's been very underwhelming and generally slowed play down and picked the wrong option when in possession. I'm all for giving him minutes and I hope he will really develop under LvG, but right now, he really shouldn't be a starter.

Ash_G

He's just not suited playing so high up. He may have bulked up somewhat but not enough to play with his back to goal so much. Starting from wide or from a bit deeper in midfield would make a big difference for me.

Ixion

He just isn't ready yet, we should use him as an impact sub (but not as a #10).

facund

Worst game of the season so far from him. A bit anonymous and didn't bring the energy and tempo I felt he brought to the previous few games (the first halfs in particular).

Herrera moved in and pretty much bettered him in every department so in theory should have taken his starting spot. Maybe coming on as a sub for a while might help him impact the game a bit better whilst he continues to mature.

FromTheBench

Worst game of the season so far from him. A bit anonymous and didn't bring the energy and tempo I felt he brought to the previous few games (the first halfs in particular).

Herrera moved in and pretty much bettered him in every department so in theory should have taken his starting spot. Maybe coming on as a sub for a while might help him impact the game a bit better whilst he continues to mature.
Not a fair comparison with Herrera tbf. Herrera had a far more open game when he pushed into number 10 and after the 2nd goal Brugge almost gave up.

Herrera was also wank in the first half and Schweinsteiger behind him helped him more as a 10 too with control than he did with Januza.

Devil may care

I didn't think he did anything wrong he just didn't do anything much at all, practically anonymous half.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't say he didn't have his chances to make an impact... Playing in the hole, his favoured position, and just hasn't done much at all. You can see he's talented, he's just not ready to be starting. Gets pushed around way too easily and it's too easy to just make him invisible basically. Should be rotated in of course to get the playing time, but not first choice by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.