5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

facund

Erratic so far this season but has also provided some of the much needed creativity to our side. I'd like to see him behind Hernandez as he'll have an easier time forming an understanding. The fact that Rooney is here, there and seemingly nowhere makes it hard to build anything other than 'off the cuff' moves.

Needs to up his consistency and stop going missing but he'll need a run of games to let him relax in to the side a bit more. He is always looking to penetrate the opposition lines, whether that be a pass or dribble, and I think that has been the key to the teams increased tempo through periods of the last two games. I actually prefer him in this floating role than stuck out on the wing. Much more to come but some good signs of what he can bring to the team.

PvsNP

Didn't watch the game, but I did catch his disgusting dive. fecking hell, Adnan.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Was against sending him out on loan, but thinking about it now, would send him to Dortmund on a loan (if they really want him). Would benefit him. Right now not potent enough for our needs.

Born2Lose

What a clown.
Thought that was pathetic, he spends more time on the floor than standing. Reminds me a lot of Nani, nothing winds me up more than players who keep protesting about getting "fouled", just get up and get on with it.

I think he's a talent and will be a good player for us, but for now I'd send him on loan, but to a premiership side.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
The dive from him was fecking embarrassing. Thought he and Memphis were decent in their buildup play, but once they got to the final third made some poor decisions. Would like to see Herrera or even Pereira given opportunities ahead of Januzaj.

mufcwarm92

I think he's fully deserving of his place in the side at the moment. Offers something completely different to anything else we have.

I honestly think the Memphis - Januzaj - Mata combination would be superb behind a form, genuine number 9.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Absolutely not. Your question implies you would.
Meh, can't say I wouldn't be happy about the penalty. I'd rather win by skill than deceiving the ref but at the end of the day it's still about winning.

criticalanalysis

I thought he was very decent at times and very poor at times but he was definitely a creator. The problem is he doesn't look sharp (yet?) and he's not become a threat himself (via goals, dribbling take ons, assists etc) so he's not had a positive impact enough on the game. For his future we should continue playing him and let him learn from it.

Unfortunately I don't think that's gonna happen and we may not see him back for a long time the way LVG does thing. Remember Herrera starting the season and then go missing for several months?

NinjaFletch

I find this forum really weird at times, everyone wants to see us bring youngsters through to the first team in theory but as soon as we actually do everyone gets on their back. I think he's been ok so far, a lot of good and a lot of bad. Pretty much what is to be expected, hopefully his run in the team continues.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he's fully deserving of his place in the side at the moment. Offers something completely different to anything else we have.

I honestly think the Memphis - Januzaj - Mata combination would be superb behind a form, genuine number 9.
I agree that he offers something different but he has not been playing well really. Average at best, a few glimpses of quality but losing the ball far too often or picking out the wrong option. He has potential of course, but it's still far too soon for him to be a starter.

bugmat

He has the skills but he dwells on the ball too much - won't be something that will improve w/o games. In that sense even Depay having played 2 full seasons in holland is ahead. He takes too long to decide what to do (he's not at the level of one-touch football yet) and so gets closed down quickly, sometimes double-teamed and ends up losing the ball or passing it back after much twisting & turning which can kill a whole move. He'll get better.

I don't like his soft diving ways though - it's England and he's not going to get those calls especially when he earns a reputation for platforming so he needs to buck up! But .. we have to persevere as i think it'll click sooner than later (same with Depay).

khoazany

I find this forum really weird at times, everyone wants to see us bring youngsters through to the first team in theory but as soon as we actually do everyone gets on their back. I think he's been ok so far, a lot of good and a lot of bad. Pretty much what is to be expected, hopefully his run in the team continues.
Welcome to the caf.

Swaters16

In my expert opinion, he's overthinking things at the moment. He was so static at times it was like he was too focused on where exactly he needed to be standing he was forgetting to to do everything else.

United again!

He had a decent game, it will start coming together soon but I still think he has no clue where he's meant to be most of the time. That ball for Memphis was quite nice.

IhabX7

Why would we send him on loan with the shortage of forwards we have right now? He was alright yesterday, stop looking for a scapegoat.

buckooo1978

i think he needs regular football.....Villa was his first start in 6 months or so I think and its going to take time

he took a lot of punishment yesterday as well I noticed with him being kicked a right few times....he reacted pretty well to this too

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm happy with him so far. Looking far more like the player who initially broke through than the one we saw last season. I prefer him in the middle as well as he's got the class for that role. I would prefer him playing a bit deeper though. Right now he's almost playing as a striker with Mata coming inside to playmake. Overall, good start to the season.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's so much better compared to last season where he resembled a headless chicken who would fall over the moment the wind blew.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I thought he did pretty well yesterday. Didn't get in the box enough for a forward but on the ball he was probably our best attacker. He and Depay both dwell a split second too long at times but they'll get there for sure.

mufcwarm92

It really is pathetic and embarrassing. Absolutely cringeworthy reading threads like this after a disappointing result.

settembrini

I like that we are giving him chances but I wish it was on the right with Mata in the centre.

Question234

I think it is unfair to expect him to create a understanding with rooney given that the latter's form has been woeful.

Litch

No win really but the only way we are going to obviously improve him will be him playing at this level. He is clearly talented so patience and we'll see a world class champion IMO. Let's not do a Pogba

Hamadovich86

Didnt do that well in the last two games. I think he should be dropped for the next game and be brought in as a sub, he shouldnt expect to start while performing like that. His decision making is so piss poor its really frustrating even if its understandable.

Ixion

I don't think he spends enough time in that typical #10 position, not enough of his touches where around the D on the outside of the box and he gets nowhere near the penalty spot/6 yard box when we're attacking either. He probably has a lot of freedom to go where he likes but when we're trying to break down a team with most of their players camped around the box he should be around the edge of the box himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.