Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Well taken goal but thought he was disappointing on the ball. Lost possession way too much and not strong enough on the ball. When he receives the ball in his mind he should know what to do. Look at tiger or Mata for instance when receiving the ball. They have a picture in their head and execute it so well. Bit more of that please
Most likely due to not playing enough recently. It would help if he got a run of games now for his 'swagger' to return.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Pleased for him to get the goal. Had an okay game overall, with some nice moments on top of the goal. Obviously still has a lot in his game to develop, but definitely a positive showing for him.

RuudTom83

"he didn't have a great game" could be labeled at any of the attackers against Villa, the fact Januzaj scored makes his performance better than most, so i hope he keeps his place and gets another chance

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If he is dropped for the next game then it beggars belief. First of all the question was why did he come from not playing at all against Spurs to then starting against Villa? It was a lot to ask for him to perform. If he's now dropped then questions need to be asked. He should be allowed a good run of games to show what he can do, not just one game from nothing.

Man Utd 3:1 Brugge

dirkey

Another very poor half I thought. Either needs to be moved to the wing or taken off. Lost the ball numerous times.

FromTheBench

He's done OK. Movement improving all the time.

But him and Rooney are too close most time

SoCross

Thought he started brightly enough but his head began to drop. Would have been a soft penalty but have seen them given for less!

Raptori

Special needs
Thought his flicks and tricks were really good, the big problem with him is that he looks as light as a feather.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
We have a winger playing 10 and a 10 playing as a winger and we all wonder why both players struggle.
I don't think Januzaj is a winger actually. I'm more comfortable with the fact that Van Gaal is playing him centrally.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought he bulked up? He does still look pretty light.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Why does he look so weak.. his body strength used to be one of his best attributes.

In Rainbows

We have a winger playing 10 and a 10 playing as a winger and we all wonder why both players struggle.
Januzaj isn't a winger. He's played as an attacking midfielder all of his life until the last 2 years. I don't think they're struggling either.

ottosec

Wow, really? I honestly must be watching a different game. Constantly either giving it away or getting knocked off the ball too easily.
You probably are. Only thing I didn't like is that he can't seem to find good positions when we attack, he seems a bit static.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I like what he did, he will only get better if we play him regularly.

dsch

He fades after about half an hour, for some reason.

In Rainbows

I have never been convinced by him as a 10. He just isn't mature enough in his game for that role yet.
Really? He seems more immature as a winger always trying to dribble past players. As a 10 he seems more controlled only dribbling when he has to and generally being more in the game.

About the only thing he lacked today was a great pass to create that great scoring chance. He attempted it, but it barely didn't come off. I believe his touch compilation will reflect that. He didn't lose the ball anymore than the other players this time either so no idea why those complaints have come up again. Last match he obviously lost the ball a lot and was bullied. The only time you could say he was bullied was that one time he could have given himself a great opportunity to score.

FromTheBench

He was fine overall. Certainly improved over villa.

Still lacks bit of composure and ability to hold off people though. That will probably come.

championo

Top Stalker
He needs to sort those over hit final passes out. I counted 3 promising attacks that he cocked up with Bebe type of passing.

Raw

Did well to begin with but faded out of the game. Again he's getting pushed about a bit too much.

kundalini

I thought he did ok. Similar standard to Mata and Rooney but way below Memphis. Had a few nice moments and a few poor touches too.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Disappointing. Too slow, too wasteful with the ball.

In Rainbows

I thought he did ok. Similar standard to Mata and Rooney but way below Memphis. Had a few nice moments and a few poor touches too.
This is how I felt. Similar to Mata and Rooney, but not close to Memphis who was the standout player.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I thought he was good. Not through entire game but he'll get there eventually, some very good moments that neither of our attacking players offer at number ten.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Really? He seems more immature as a winger always trying to dribble past players. As a 10 he seems more controlled only dribbling when he has to and generally being more in the game.

About the only thing he lacked today was a great pass to create that great scoring chance. He attempted it, but it barely didn't come off. I believe his touch compilation will reflect that. He didn't lose the ball anymore than the other players this time either so no idea why those complaints have come up again. Last match he obviously lost the ball a lot and was bullied. The only time you could say he was bullied was that one time he could have given himself a great opportunity to score.
There were good opportunities for passes that he somehow fecked up.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Final ball didn't come off but he just needs games games games. Let's see if LVG can afford giving him that in the no.10 position

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think he had a decent game, no need to be hyper critical. He made some mistakes, but he also did some very good things too and created a few chances.
More game time and I can see him being as good as Memphis, he definitely seems to have the talent and we know he has an eye for goal

drmuji

Disappointing. Too slow, too wasteful with the ball.
Give him time. He is making the right runs, but since he is so match unfit so his range of passing is a bit off. I thought his off the ball movements were really really good today, unfortunately on the ball he was average but so was rooney and maybe mata as well

wiz4231

He played well, kept the ball better, great with the ball at his feet and made some good passes into space still needs to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.