5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkey

What are you waffling about? And he did play as a WB that game. Absolutely smashing idea to play someone who's not even a proper winger at wing back. It was an awful move from a manager who seems hell bent on doing weird things with team selection for no apparent reason. Wasn't just that though. He's been played all over even in attacking sense. Last season he played on the left wing against Chelsea, was one of our best players and what does LVG do? Put him on the the right wing for the next game. He spends pre-season playing as a CF and then bang goes straight in as the #10 when season starts.Then then there's the scattered nature of his game time last season. You can't just keep leaving him out for weeks at a time and then expect him to impress straight back in. Not every player can do that. Not even experienced players can let alone young creative players like Januzaj who need that time patience.

No idea why you bring up Lingard. I have no problem with him playing. What I have a problem is with Januzaj not playing AT ALL and the one time he did come on he came on at LB. It's not like Januzaj was terrible in the 2 or 3 games he did play at the start. Scored a goal, created chances and got sent out on loan. LVG is clueless.

Give him a good run and see how he does, like he's given Memphis. If he's still shit after all that, fair play.
You see, now I know you're just biased towards Adnan. He was dreadful in that game. I was wondering was I mis-remembering somehow, so I went and looked. On the Barclays website, Barclays Fan Rating, he is 2nd worst United player on 4.68. Smalling on 3.64 was the worst, with Fellaini coming close, on 4.69. Daily Mail had him 2nd worst (I know, daily mail is terrible! But I'm struggling to find player ratings). Goal.com had him middle of the pack. BBC middle of the pack (with a lot of players on 6).

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
You see, now I know you're just biased towards Adnan. He was dreadful in that game. I was wondering was I mis-remembering somehow, so I went and looked. On the Barclays website, Barclays Fan Rating, he is 2nd worst United player on 4.68. Smalling on 3.64 was the worst, with Fellaini coming close, on 4.69. Daily Mail had him 2nd worst (I know, daily mail is terrible! But I'm struggling to find player ratings). Goal.com had him middle of the pack. BBC middle of the pack (with a lot of players on 6).
You must be talking about a different game. Either that or the Barclays fan site is full of cnuts. Fellaini and Smalling were our two best defensive players that game as I remember it. Januzaj was one of the best players going forward and played a couple of lovely passes and gave Ivanovic a tough time.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I just had it open but I closed it, he got about a 6.3 rating on here, 7th or 8th in the team ahead of Di Maria and Mata. Received mostly positive reviews in his match thread, created a few chances and supposedly should have had an assist.

dirkey

You must be talking about a different game. Either that or the Barclays fan site is full of cnuts. Fellaini and Smalling were our two best defensive players that game as I remember it. Januzaj was one of the best players going forward and played a couple of lovely passes and gave Ivanovic a tough time.
To be fair, that Barclays site could well be full of cnuts. I was struggling to find good ratings sites. Again, my recollection might not be great all the same. My memory was that he had an OK 1st half, and had Ivanovic looking a bit shell shocked at times. But he made quite a few bad decisions and multiple times could have cut inside but chose to stay outside. And from what I recall he completely disappeared in the second half.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
To be fair, that Barclays site could well be full of cnuts. I was struggling to find good ratings sites. Again, my recollection might not be great all the same. My memory was that he had an OK 1st half, and had Ivanovic looking a bit shell shocked at times. But he made quite a few bad decisions and multiple times could have cut inside but chose to stay outside. And from what I recall he completely disappeared in the second half.
I just checked the caf ratings. Fellaini was MoM on here so safe to Barclays fan site is full of cnuts.

Januzaj also played a lovely through ball to send RVP through (he missed). He's very inconsistent no doubt, even within games, but he does produce lots of good moments for us to persist with him. You don't get the best out such players by playing them once in a while (see Nani). If the team were playing well, then yeah fair enough but we're on course for our worst attacking season.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Feels like there is only one way left for this kid now... The exit.

FromTheBench

He dominated U21 level 2 years ago at a level i've not seen since Giussepe Rossi.

Clearly not arsed anymore at that level and probably thinks he doesn't have a chance with LVG anyway. Let alone playing as a striker in a team full of defenders.

We'd still be stupid to sell him though especially when his market value is down.

But gotta wonder about his future especially if LVG stays along with Pereira and maybe even Wilson. 3 of our biggest talents.

wiz4231

He dominated U21 level 2 years ago at a level i've not seen since Giussepe Rossi.

Clearly not arsed anymore at that level and probably thinks he doesn't have a chance with LVG anyway. Let alone playing as a striker in a team full of defenders.

We'd still be stupid to sell him though especially when his market value is down.

But gotta wonder about his future especially if LVG stays along with Pereira and maybe even Wilson. 3 of our biggest talents.
I honestly believe if van Gaal stays all 3 will be gone this summer, I don't think any of them would want to continue working under him. 3 of our most talented academy attackers who have not been given the chance they deserve or developed under his guidance. It's 1 of the reason why I want LVG out asap and also a reason why I'm losing interest in UTD altogether, I don't like the direction the club is going in. We are no longer an attacking team, we play a very defensive game, the philosophy is to nullify the opponent, Defending is put first and attack is secondary, we no long set up to out gun our opponents and it's sad to see. We have an extremely good youth setup that can reap rewards for many years but they won't get to see the light of day at UTD under this fraud. Wilson, Januzaj, Pereira, Goss, Rashford, Martial, Mensah and Gribbin (Midfield +attakers) have the potential to be at the very top for a long time but....

LouisDanGaal

Looking at that bench he is pretty much the only attacking substitution we can make, will come on today I fancy. Go on Adnan!

Walters_19_MuFc

So glad he's on the bench. Hoping he can come on and make an impact. Guess he will need to, as it looks like he's pretty far down in the pecking order when it comes to attacking positions.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Carrick got injured; the feck did you want us to do?
Let him on for Carrick.

We've already had Schneiderlin on the pitch anyway, we've played with 1 defensive midfielder the whole game so we'd have managed as we did.

It's a dick move, shit man managed from the cnut and more of his fantastic youth managing bullshit. Two times he's done that to Januzaj today.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Shit man management. It was good he never came on but from his perspective, shocking behaviour from Vangle.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How Memphis managed to play the 90 minutes with him on bench is beyond me

kps88

Let him on for Carrick.

We've already had Schneiderlin on the pitch anyway, we've played with 1 defensive midfielder the whole game so we'd have managed as we did.

It's a dick move, shit man managed from the cnut and more of his fantastic youth managing bullshit. Two times he's done that to Januzaj today.
I'm sorry but taking off a holding midfielder for a woefully out of form attacking player when we're a goal up makes no sense.

We've seen stuff like this happen plenty of times when substitutions get altered after a goal or injury; it's just bad luck for Januzaj it happened to him twice in the same game.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I'm sorry but taking off a holding midfielder for a woefully out of form attacking player when we're a goal up makes no sense.

We've seen stuff like this happen plenty of times when substitutions get altered after a goal or injury; it's just bad luck for Januzaj it happened to him twice in a game and he took it well.
So instead we've taken off a holding midfielder for a not-specified-role/CB/RB unexperienced 18 year old.

Tactical masterstroke really.

Truedevil

Absolute bullshit from LVG
He was getting instructions when Mata scored and when Carrick got injured probably. He can't really sub Mata after scoring because ya'll would be calling in bullshit and he can't really send him on for Carrick when we're seeing the game out.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Having a go at LVG for doing the right thing on subs at the expense of Januzaj playing tracksuit yo-yo. A player who has been taking the piss himself for most of the season too. This place sometimes.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I rarely pity a player but I felt sorry for him

Sylar

LVG did nothing wrong with him today. Januzaj was unlucky sure, but theres no way he should have come on when Carrick went off.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I actually don't know how Memphis plays ahead of him. The kid may lack end product and have issues in his game, but he rarely ever looks shambolic, technically

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
It was tough luck that he didn't come on but it was sensible for him to stay off given the circumstances.

Still though, if Martial is injured for Tuesday then Januzaj should play for Memphis or Lingard.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He took it well, that's all that matters.

Not like a diva as tabloids hoped but laughed it off with Martial, can't even imagine the reaction if he threw his bib or had a hissyfit.

Last edited:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Don't care if he comes to training while smoking a cigar and goes home to have a threesome with LVg's wife and daughter. There's no way Memphis should be starting ahead of him (or anyone really).

Status
Not open for further replies.