g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Adnan Januzaj image 15

Adnan Januzaj Belgium flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Great goal.. was poor before it though, hopefully his confidence grows with it

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Just terrified by 2 year old by my scream of YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Lovely stuff. That's likely earned him a starting spot for the next month. Louis's nothing if not a performance-reward man.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's not just the goal, the kid has moved around really well.

Devil may care

The physicality of playing central was a hudle at the start of the half but he has grown into it and took his goal with excellent composure.

dirkey

I'm watching a different game to others I think? Great goal, but other than that he lost the ball a host of times, was knocked to the ground far too easily also. Hopefully he'll grow into the game after the goal though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He has played the position well and, importantly, he has not let himself get caught ahead of the play when we're defending. The big gap that opened up between our #10 and our double pivot against Spurs isn't there tonight. That's in large part down to the intelligent running Januzaj has done. His finish was immense, but we've known for ahead Janzuaj can do stuff like that. What's really impressed me so far is how, he hasn't just run a lot, he's been intelligent enough to know when and where to go. I've always had my doubts about Adnan as a #10 but playing like this, maybe his wing days are and should be over?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Good movement, needs to hold the ball up better, but his movement and energy has been very good for us. Glad he scored today, major confidence boost

PvsNP

It's not just the goal, the kid has moved around really well.
Held up the ball pretty well too, better than Memphis did against Spurs IMO. It'd be great if he can do this on a consistent level.

Minimalist

Finding it tough with the heavy marking but composure as good as anyone for his goal. Putting Rooney to shame.

FromTheBench

He still is bit struggling against the aggressive villa players bit physically at times but way better than before. Also referee gives him no protection.

Anyway the goal showed his class.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm watching a different game to others I think? Great goal, but other than that he lost the ball a host of times, was knocked to the ground far too easily also. Hopefully he'll grow into the game after the goal though.
Usually I'm on the "don't fall so easily"-side, but in Adnan's case, it's become ridiculous. You can only hold your ground for so long while being fouled.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I don't think anyone's pretending he's been Zizou-esque. But then nobody has. He's rewarded the manager's faith and made the difference. S'all that matters right now.

Varun

Staff
Needs to protect the ball better but has been good other than that. Took the goal beautifully.

Kag

He's being man marked very aggressively, it stands to reason that he'll lose a lot of battles. It's what he does when he turns his man that counts, and his reward for it was a goal.

He's playing well in a very competitive Villa midfield trio.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Turned well for the goal, but a bit lightweight and easily bullied. Been fouled a few times but a lot of just being out muscled.

Ole90+3

Not to sound very cliché but he needs to add a good bit of weight to his upper body. He would then be able to manage those shoulder to shoulder a lot better.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I thought the ref could have given him a couple of free-kicks in that first half. Well taken goal but otherwise he needs to lose his markers a bit better.

EDIT: It also highlights why van Gaal has experimented with Memphis at #10 and why he probably don't fancy Mata there.

ottosec

good goal and good movement, but he looks weak on the ball, needs to find a way not to get thrown on his ass every time he gets teh ball.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Very happy for him today. Great run, great finish... Perhaps even better pass by Mata to find him in the first place.

Mainoldo

I'd still loan him out. I thought he was suppose to be bulking up...

Needs game time man!! If we can give him that here keep him.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Proved me wrong. I thought he would perform terribly in this game, especially with Villa being so physical. Great run and good goal. Pushed off the ball a couple of times, but with time he'll develop more physically and not be pushed around so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.