AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko21

Arsenal were the first club to field an entirely foreign XI in 2005. Arguably, Arsenal's best eleven today contains no Englishman.

Cech, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Coquelin, Xhaka, Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Perez.

There are question marks against their English contingent.

Chambers and Wilshere to be loaned. Oxlade-Chamberlin stalling. Walcott stalled. Welbeck. Broken. Gibbs and Holding. Who knows?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Arsenal were the first club to field an entirely foreign XI in 2005. Arguably, Arsenal's best eleven today contains no Englishman.

Cech, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Coquelin, Xhaka, Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Perez.

There are question marks against their English contingent.

Chambers and Wilshere to be loaned. Oxlade-Chamberlin stalling. Walcott stalled. Welbeck. Broken. Gibbs and Holding. Who knows?
Most English players are shit, we've got the only ones worth having and one of those can't get in the team.

Needham

John Cross is calling Mustafi a ''big statement'' :houllier:
It's true. His nickname in the changing rooms is already Gettysburg. People walk around Mustafi as if he is surrounded by electrified fencing. This guy Mustafi -he's a big fecking statement. One of the biggest. Ryan Shawcross is defecating bricks and I know for a fact Lucas Radebe has delayed his planned return to the game becauseof the size of this statement. Most of the country don't know what to say. Sure, they went to work today. But do you not think it was noticeably quieter in Horsham?

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
John Cross is calling Mustafi a ''big statement'' :houllier:
I'm sure he wasn't bought to be a 'statement' but I don't think John Cross is wrong. Wenger has often been accused of neglecting the defensive side - the accusations are wrong, I think, but they become even harder to justify after making a defender the third most expensive German ever, and leaving Valencia regretting the loss of their best player.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/arsenal/...tafi-is-a-significant-move-from-arsene-wenger

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Same shit year after year for them. Horrible start the season - fans call for Wenger out. They manage a result and then go on a little run. They then have a mini crisis in November but find themselves up there at Christmas after another good run. In January they start to believe it's their year and then February is a complete disaster month - by March they are fighting for the top 4. They finish strongly and finish in the top 4 and the cycle goes on.

However, this year I think they may not have the security of at least a top 4 finish. I think it could finally be the year it all goes wrong and the boom-bust becomes one long bust.
I know it's a bit late, but this sort of thinking is also part of the cycle. People say this every year, and they still find a way.

Tyrion

I want ArsenalFanTV meltdowns.
Make a note in your calendar to come back in a few weeks. They go through a cycle where they play great then crash and burn two or three times a season. I'm sure I'll be seeing Claude go crazy before February.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Are they having a breakdown?
One of my friends, who is an Arsenal fan, is. Wants wenger to be sacked:lol::lol::lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
ah good their good run temporarily halts. Might be worth watching their tv show again!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
FFS I pick Sanchez, make Ozil my captain, have Rashford and Son (Kane's interim) and finally wildcard my team to fit Aguero in. Result: they've all gone to sh*t. If I wasn't so poor at FF I'd swear I was doing this maliciously. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.