AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
One defeat and they all go mad. Try throwing away a 3-1 lead at Bournemouth to the likes of Jordan Ibe, Nathan Ake and Jack 'Scrappy Doo' Wilshere. That's a real test of your sanity.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
One defeat and they all go mad. Try throwing away a 3-1 lead at Bournemouth to the likes of Jordan Ibe, Nathan Ake and Jack 'Scrappy Doo' Wilshere. That's a real test of your sanity.
:lol: That's what is more embarassing about us. Expect some "Wenger out" banners at Etihad again on sunday. We are clearly finishing 11th after such a big defeat against Everton :p

bleezy

This Chris guy is a great addition. Well and truly getting under the skin of DT and Bludfam. Fingers crossed for more losses and more meltdowns. You'd think they were in a relegation battle the way they go on.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Imagine that was Mourinho. Mou got done just for mentioning the pressure on Taylor before we played at JuAnfield. No doubt Wenger will get off scott free. He should kick some more bottles. Get some more apologies! :rolleyes:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This Chris guy is a great addition. Well and truly getting under the skin of DT and Bludfam. Fingers crossed for more losses and more meltdowns. You'd think they were in a relegation battle the way they go on.
Honestly, they are the worst fecking supporters in this league. For a team that barely ever wins anything, they have a huge sense of entitlement. Unbelievably fickle too.

Fridge chutney

He even name checks him FFS :lol:

If this was Mourinho he'd be getting another touchline ban, 100%.
Wenger gets away with whatever he wants these days. and it's always the same with him. Toys out the pram as soon as something doesn't go his way.

Mourinho does himself no favours, but there's a definite double standard in the treatment of the two managers by the FA.

Irrational.

Wenger gets away with whatever he wants these days. and it's always the same with him. Toys out the pram as soon as something doesn't go his way.

Mourinho does himself no favours, but there's a definite double standard in the treatment of the two managers by the FA.
Agreed. I was watching the game live tonight and there was a moment where he was ranting and raving at the fourth official. That's perfectly acceptable apparently, unless you happen to be a United manager or a cnut like Alan Pardew.

Fridge chutney

Agreed. I was watching the game live tonight and there was a moment where he was ranting and raving at the fourth official. That's perfectly acceptable apparently, unless you happen to be a United manager or a cnut like Alan Pardew.
To be fair, both the FA and the Gods of Football will be (rightfully) punishing Pardew for eternity thanks to his FA Cup Final 2016 dance.

Sylar

TBH, kicking a bottle and having sympathy for a referee is defo worse than pushing a 4th official and criticizing a referee. yep...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly, they are the worst fecking supporters in this league. For a team that barely ever wins anything, they have a huge sense of entitlement. Unbelievably fickle too.
That's not entitlement, it's desperation. Believe me, those arsenal fans you call entitled would rather fight for relegation than another season in groundhog fairyland. At least it would be different

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yes its why I would rather Chelsea win the league

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Thread title. :lol:

Any chance Wenger gets a fine and suspension for that post match conference?

Gause

Wenger has been as bad and disrespectful as Jose, if not worse. But whenever you point that out to other team's fans you'll get the most predictable response like 'hurr gouging Tito eye out hurr'.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
TBH, kicking a bottle and having sympathy for a referee is defo worse than pushing a 4th official and criticizing a referee. yep...
Mourinho's comments were pre-match. That's the difference. Managers aren't allowed to make comments about referee appointments before the match, even if it's positive. Post match comments about the refereeing performance are allowed, provided they're not personal, imply bias or question the integrity/competence of a referee.

I don't think Wenger's comments cross a line. Perhaps saying that Clattenburg was in a good position to see it should have been a goalkick is suggesting that he's biased or incompetent and that might get him into trouble, but I don't think was a huge deal. To be clear, I don't think Mourinho's comments were a huge deal either, but you can't comment on referees ahead of matches at all, so that's why he got in trouble for them.

I haven't see the push so haven't commented on that.

VanGaalEra

The worst thing about Wenger complaining, is that it actually was a corner.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's not entitlement, it's desperation. Believe me, those arsenal fans you call entitled would rather fight for relegation than another season in groundhog fairyland. At least it would be different
They're daft as feck then. Always thinking the grass is greener on the other side when it really isn't.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
They're daft as feck then. Always thinking the grass is greener on the other side when it really isn't.
Exactly. We always praise our opponents and talk shit about our squad. We are the first not to believe in ourselves.

Zoo

It's been like that with Wenger for years. He is even allowed to get away with aggressively shoving another manager.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Live action version:

"What do you mean rubbish? Why are you interrupting me?!!"
Also, that guy standing behind Claude in that moment looked like he smoked kilo's of some bomb-ass weed.

:lol:

VanGaalEra

Incredible how the miserable cnut can say or do whatever he likes, and the FA doesn't give a feck. Like that time he pushed Mourinho on the touchline and they just shrugged.
He's had special treatment for a while.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I don't really see why Wenger gets so much crap for what he said.. Is saying that you're dissappointed with one decision not acceptable anymore?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I don't really see why Wenger gets so much crap for what he said.. Is saying that you're dissappointed with one decision not acceptable anymore?
It shouldn't matter, but when other managers get slapped with fines and punishments for any slightest criticism of a referee, its a bit rich when Wenger can just say whatever he likes.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Incredible how the miserable cnut can say or do whatever he likes, and the FA doesn't give a feck. Like that time he pushed Mourinho on the touchline and they just shrugged.
Because Jose is a an enemy of football and is satan to the fa.

The morally righteous pep and arsene can get away with fecking anything because they are for the good of the game

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's a matter of hope. Every season, they look like they might actually win the title, get their fans hopes up, only to crush them later. And it is this, happening every single season 7-8 times in the last 10 years, and always in almost the exact same way, that got them to this point. They've lost hope

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's a matter of hope. Every season, they look like they might actually win the title, get their fans hopes up, only to crush them later. And it is this, happening every single season 7-8 times in the last 10 years, and always in almost the exact same way, that got them to this point. They've lost hope
They were never at a level that was worthy of anything better though. In order to compete with Chelsea/City, they have to spend like them and they rarely do. Not jsut on transfers, but on wage bills too. In such circumstances fans should be logical enough to stop pointing at the manager and start pointing at the board. Wenger has done very well with the star players bought and wage constraints he works with.

Fridge chutney

It's weird though because arsenal are good enough to win the league, they have a good squad. One defeat by Everton wont change this.

I feel sorry for that bloke claude. He seems so pained all the time. They say football can be bad for your health, and in his case that's probably true.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
It's weird though because arsenal are good enough to win the league, they have a good squad. One defeat by Everton wont change this.

I feel sorry for that bloke claude. He seems so pained all the time. They say football can be bad for your health, and in his case that's probably true.
Indeed. As it's gonna be the tighest PL ever (i still believe it, despite Chelsea opening a little gap at the top), you just can't expect to easily win it. We have to be in the mix until the end and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.