AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

podurban2

I thought arsenal might finish outside top 4 this season but after this two signing they have cemented their top 4.This two signings costs less than what they will get from champions league.Very nice business decision from their board.
No effing way. They have a long way to get there, and these two signings are not "great business" at all.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
We've spent money wisely on Ozil, Alexis and Xhaka in recent seasons whilst also bringing in players to develop for the future such as Holding, Chambers, Elneny and Iwobi.

Mistakes have undoubtedly been made over recent seasons but when you analyse and assess the situation with a clear head then we haven't really ever seriously failed at all under Wenger. Overall I think we'll be fine and if the injury problems abate theres no reason why this team can't challenge
Shouldnt you wait until Xhaka plays first?

Arsenal should have gone for Chicharito..still should infact

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
The signings I believe give us the third best squad in the league, and should make the top four a formality, as it usually is. Like last season I think we're lacking the goals for a title challenge, so I suppose the most I'm hoping for is a respectable final season under Wenger, a good run in Europe, and one of the domestic cups. About fecking time we beat Chelsea too.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I didn't. I'm not a native English speaker so I'm always happy if someone points out I got something wrong. How else am I supposed to learn?
I'm not a native speaker either. I am near terrible in English as well, but I laud your attitude. It's something I should aspire for. Cheers, my friend.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
We didn't handle the challenge last season in the manner a potential champion would though you have to remember Leicester wern't any small-time winners as they only lost three matches two against Arsenal whilst we also had a lot of injuries to players for a long period of the campaign which affected both our play and squad rotation. Its more epic failure for the other two traditional title challengers Chelsea and Man City than Arsenal, anyone who says otherwise is senseless.
Of course it was a failure for all us 3 clubs as we aim for the title and not only for top 4. You are not able to see how big a failure last season was for Wenger. It was the only chance he ever had at the title in last 12 years and he blew it. The 3 clubs you mentioned have won it in theast 3 years. 1 season doesn't break you. It's been 12 long years now for Arsenal and you lost the title to Leicester in your only chance. Epic failure.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Same old Arsenal....always failing.
Same old Arsenal....always failing.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not a meltdown but Claude and Ty are a great comedy duo

DT being realistic

It took him 30 seconds to get the first blud in #slacking

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Ty is one thirsty guy, taking in that water like a desert survivor.

Last edited:

Boycott

"DT" is tedious. He is an attention seeker who has paraded his agenda so far out there he refuses to acknowledge any sort of positivity. The team he supports just put in a fantastic performance, having the game done and dusted at half time, and with star players getting off the mark. There is also a young kid at the back who has had another solid game.

Remember when you would leave a game and discuss with your mates the 90 minutes you just witnessed. Discuss the game in isolation and leave all the bickering and point-scoring for later. People like him get lengthy time on that channel to repeat the same thing over and over again. Football at its purest is about entertainment and if you can't bring yourself to enjoy a quality performance like that why bother going?

Mister_Stubbs

Win away at a poor Watford and suddenly Arsenal are going to win the league, champions league, super bowl and the euro vision contest according to that lot on Arsenal mania.

Mister_Stubbs

You have just described Arse fans to a T.

When the win streak ends, it will be back to the Wenger out brigade again, don't worry.
It's quite funny to read the Man Utd thread on there.. They claim that we've been lucky this season in our 3 games and that we'll finish below them, Chelsea, Spurs and city.. Maybe I'm bias (in fact i am certainly bias) but we've got just a good a team as them and a much much better manager.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Win away at a poor Watford and suddenly Arsenal are going to win the league, champions league, super bowl and the euro vision contest according to that lot on Arsenal mania.
You have just described Arse fans to a T.

When the win streak ends, it will be back to the Wenger out brigade again, don't worry.
? The thread still seems pretty negative. Some quotes:

calm your tits, it was Watford, not Real Madrid

Still no hope for this season though.

Our pass selection is so bad.

lets not get carried away

Mostly people seem pleased about the win and signings, but nothing more than that (and for some miserable sods quite a lot less).

Boycott

? The thread still seems pretty negative. Some quotes:

calm your tits, it was Watford, not Real Madrid

Still no hope for this season though.

Our pass selection is so bad.

lets not get carried away

Mostly people seem pleased about the win and signings, but nothing more than that (and for some miserable sods quite a lot less).
It's confirmation bias.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Never met a fanbase as smug as these lot. Even under Fergie, these lot used to look down on us. I shit you not.

Last edited:

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Don't write off Schneiderlin yet. I think He's better than Xhaka tbh
No way. Xhaka is a complete midfielder with no real weakness other than his short fused temper

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC
He isn't the only one doing it, blud.
In case you're not aware, most French people trying to speak English completely fail to pronounce words correctly (I guess none of them give a feck either)..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In case you're not aware, most French people trying to speak English completely fail to pronounce words correctly (I guess none of them give a feck either)..
That's irrelevant, you have the V in english, so there is no pronounciation excuses. It's as bad as the french commentator who calls Pastore, Pastor.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Most English speaking folks don't do much better, when it gets to foreign languages, though. *If* they speak a foreign language at all, that is. ;)

JazzG

Resident Arse.
"DT" is tedious. He is an attention seeker who has paraded his agenda so far out there he refuses to acknowledge any sort of positivity. The team he supports just put in a fantastic performance, having the game done and dusted at half time, and with star players getting off the mark. There is also a young kid at the back who has had another solid game.

Remember when you would leave a game and discuss with your mates the 90 minutes you just witnessed. Discuss the game in isolation and leave all the bickering and point-scoring for later. People like him get lengthy time on that channel to repeat the same thing over and over again. Football at its purest is about entertainment and if you can't bring yourself to enjoy a quality performance like that why bother going?
Social media has created these type of personalities. There are a few other who become a lot more popular when Arsenal are doing bad and they thrive on that. Otherwise they are pointless and irrelevant, people like to hear them moan and whine when we don't do so well.

Never met a fanbase as smug as these lot. Even under Fergie, these lot used to look down on us. I shit you not.
I'm sure we did, any other myths you got up your sleeve?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Social media has created these type of personalities. There are a few other who become a lot more popular when Arsenal are doing bad and they thrive on that. Otherwise they are pointless and irrelevant, people like to hear them moan and whine when we don't do so well.

Yes. Te

Not a myth but personal opinion. Quite a number of Arsenal fans used to tell me we played ugly football under SAF. That Arsenal's style was better.

bleedred

But he is got a fair point though. One good game isn't a reason for all the positivity to be back among their fans.

We had loads of those under LVG and people kept telling it was false dawn. I think he is saying something similar having experienced similar for 12 years.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Makes the most sense out of any of them. Also they are all attention seekers thats why they are on camera

Boycott

But he is got a fair point though. One good game isn't a reason for all the positivity to be back among their fans.

We had loads of those under LVG and people kept telling it was false dawn. I think he is saying something similar having experienced similar for 12 years.
Makes the most sense out of any of them. Also they are all attention seekers thats why they are on camera
It's tedious to repeat it time after time. There is an 'I told you so' feeling about it. That fella probably likes it when Arsenal lose so he can set loose.

bleedred

It's tedious to repeat it time after time. There is an 'I told you so' feeling about it. That fella probably likes it when Arsenal lose so he can set loose.
You have no right to say that...That was the same claim made by many on here when people kept on criticising LVG.

At the end of the day, every fan wants what's best for the club and I don't think its right for anyone to claim otherwise.

Boycott

You have no right to say that...That was the same claim made by many on here when people kept on criticising LVG.

At the end of the day, every fan wants what's best for the club and I don't think its right for anyone to claim otherwise.
Have you seen him on twitter? Abuses people who disagree or call him out - including Ian Wright.

bleedred

Have you seen him on twitter? Abuses people who disagree or call him out - including Ian Wright.
How does that matter to anything what you said previously?. How can you/what makes you say that he wants his team to lose, so that he can moan?.

Status
Not open for further replies.