AFTV/AM '17/'18: A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
It's going to be a rocky road for Arsenal the next few seasons. Despite what people say it's clear to me the Europa makes it very difficult to make top 4 and this will be amplified now the premier league is so competitive due to the world's best managers being here.

We are a prime example of this and are having to spend crazy money to break the cycle. Arsenal need serious investment to get out of this mess.

podurban2

Claude's face when Ty says "It could be 10 years until he goes". The look of misery. :lol:

MadMike

For all the abuse United fans get for being a bandwagoner etc. We never gave this much abuse to our player or the manager inspite of the fact that Moyes was absolutely hideous.

Arsenal fans haven't been spoiled for success lately top whereas we were the defending champions.
The difference is that we didn't feel we needed to do that because to an extent we trusted Woody and the board. I at least felt somewhat safe that if Moyes spectacularly fecked up (like he did) Woody would step in and remove him before things become real bad. Our club is ambitious and doesn't tolerate mediocrity.

It's not the same situation at Arsenal. The fans feel the board don't match their ambition and are about to reward a coaching dinosaur with a new contract because they can't see past what he did 13 years ago. It makes them feel helpless and desperate. Hence the scenes we've seen

Nogbadthebad

This season has clearly broken Claude. He used to get angry at bad performances, now he just talks bout getting out of the mess. Its like us with moyes, I was pretty much like that at the end (after hoping up until february he could show some signs of a plan to improve things), and I can't help but have sympathy for claude. He clearly loves his club, as in properly loves it, not the wenger kind of 'I get to do what ever I want so I love it here' thing.

I though a few of them talked some sense tonight, its as much the players now as it is arsene. No fight in any of them.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This season has clearly broken Claude. He used to get angry at bad performances, now he just talks bout getting out of the mess. Its like us with moyes, I was pretty much like that at the end (after hoping up until february he could show some signs of a plan to improve things), and I can't help but have sympathy for claude. He clearly loves his club, as in properly loves it, not the wenger kind of 'I get to do what ever I want so I love it here' thing.

I though a few of them talked some sense tonight, its as much the players now as it is arsene. No fight in any of them.
Its sad to see Claude in that state. With the rest of them you sometimes get the feeling they're playing up to the camera's but he seems like a genuine fan whose lost the will to live almost.

prtk0811

Arsenal are loosing but Arsenal fan tv and Robbie are winning :lol:. Robbie is making huge money with the meltdowns.:lol: Robbie is an entrepreneur :lol:

AndyJ1985

For all the abuse United fans get for being a bandwagoner etc. We never gave this much abuse to our player or the manager inspite of the fact that Moyes was absolutely hideous.

Arsenal fans haven't been spoiled for success lately top whereas we were the defending champions.
Because Moyes was sacked after 10 months so it was over before hostility went too far. If Moyes was rewarded with a new contract there would have been riots.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
When you think about it Ladbrokes are the perfect sponsor of Arsenal Fan TV as all the people who appear on it are broken, Each lad is broke.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
But I like the way that Ty's support is understated and you would never think he was a die hard Arsenal fan.

Oh he is definitely 100% the man for the Job I hope that he manages to win a few games and the board get convinced that he's the man who deserves an extra year in his contract..
Not at our expense. We need to finish 4th to earn the right to laugh at them next season.

JohnnyKills

If Arsenal had enjoyed United or Liverpool-type dominance for years and years, this sort of abuse would be understandable. But they haven't.

They were a decent but not top team when Wenger arrived and they'll be in the same situation when he leaves. Before Wenger's arrival they'd won three league titles in 40 years.

Seems a lot of idiots jumped on the Arsenal bandwagon during the glory years of 1998-2004 and they're the ones who are embarrassing themselves now.

Some of the fans are tolerable (Robbie is a good bloke and those lads from Birmingham talked sense) but the majority seem to be either utterly clueless or totally smug and superior.

Akshay

Staff
If Arsenal had enjoyed United or Liverpool-type dominance for years and years, this sort of abuse would be understandable. But they haven't.

They were a decent but not top team when Wenger arrived and they'll be in the same situation when he leaves. Before Wenger's arrival they'd won three league titles in 40 years.

Seems a lot of idiots jumped on the Arsenal bandwagon during the glory years of 1998-2004 and they're the ones who are embarrassing themselves now.

Some of the fans are tolerable (Robbie is a good bloke and those lads from Birmingham talked sense) but the majority seem to be either utterly clueless or totally smug and superior.
Well, two of three of those titles came in the previous decade. They also won the UEFA Cup Winners Cup two seasons prior, which is more than they've won in Europe under Wenger's entire tenure. Obviously Wenger transformed the club when he came in, but I don't think its unreasonable for Arsenal fans to be dissatisfied with their title drought since his early success.

JohnnyKills

Well, two of three of those titles came in the previous decade. They also won the UEFA Cup Winners Cup two seasons prior, which is more than they've won in Europe under Wenger's entire tenure. Obviously Wenger transformed the club when he came in, but I don't think its unreasonable for Arsenal fans to be dissatisfied with their title drought since his early success.
No I don't think it's unreasonable either mate, they've every right to be upset. But the sort of abuse we saw last night was excessive and, from the way the fans talked, you'd think they had a tradition to rival Real Madrid, Barcelona or United.

Akshay

Staff
No I don't think it's unreasonable either mate, they've every right to be upset. But the sort of abuse we saw last night was excessive and, from the way the fans talked, you'd think they had a tradition to rival Real Madrid, Barcelona or United.
Yeah the abuse is crazy, I was shocked by the videos. Can't fathom holding the ball back from your own players in order to chant at them when you're chasing a game.

Some of the fans have always been a bit arrogant like their manager. I remember when Arsenal lost to LVG's United Moh from AFTV called us 'a better Stoke City' :lol:.

AR87

Yeah the abuse is crazy, I was shocked by the videos. Can't fathom holding the ball back from your own players in order to chant at them when you're chasing a game.

Some of the fans have always been a bit arrogant like their manager. I remember when Arsenal lost to LVG's United Moh from AFTV called us 'a better Stoke City' :lol:.
I don't think the abuse is crazy at all. It's the result of having witnessed the same shite over and over again while being treated like clueless idiots by the board and Wenger with excuses about stadium debt, ridiculius fees in the transfer market, wages, etc.

If it's excessive it's a result of the actions, or rather inaction from the club and it's leadership over an extended period in which their deficiencies on the pitch have been consistent. How many years in a row have people said they need a top class striker, steel in the middle of the pitch and in the backline and a strong voice in the dressing room to lead them?

If you have to witness that crap year after year, while your relatively valid concerns are dismissed as reactionary nonsense being driven by outside factors rather than the football you're watching week in, week out for over a decade then eventually this type of reaction is the result. It's over the top, but I don't think it's crazy or hard to understand. When people feel frustrated about a power structure they feel doesn't care or listen to their concerns then they will lash out, often at targets that aren't the source of their discontent.

The board and Wenger are the ones responsible for creating this atmosphere and allowing it to fester to this degree. Even if you'd want and expect better of people we know that's not how it works, unfortunately.

Akshay

Staff
I don't think the abuse is crazy at all. It's the result of having witnessed the same shite over and over again while being treated like clueless idiots by the board and Wenger with excuses about stadium debt, ridiculius fees in the transfer market, wages, etc.

If it's excessive it's a result of the actions, or rather inaction from the club and it's leadership over an extended period in which their deficiencies on the pitch have been consistent. How many years in a row have people said they need a top class striker, steel in the middle of the pitch and in the backline and a strong voice in the dressing room to lead them?

If you have to witness that crap year after year, while your relatively valid concerns are dismissed as reactionary nonsense being driven by outside factors rather than the football you're watching week in, week out for over a decade then eventually this type of reaction is the result. It's over the top, but I don't think it's crazy or hard to understand. When people feel frustrated about a power structure they feel doesn't care or listen to their concerns then they will lash out, often at targets that aren't the source of their discontent.

The board and Wenger are the ones responsible for creating this atmosphere and allowing it to fester to this degree. Even if you'd want and expect better of people we know that's not how it works, unfortunately.
I get why they're doing it, and you make that point very well. The bolded is what I find difficult to accept, even though it happens outside football too. As you say, the people responsible are the board and Wenger, so focus your ire on them instead of chastising your players during a game which is completely counter productive. I really felt sorry for Bellerin in that situation, regardless of how badly he played. Reminds me a bit of when some United fans boo Fellaini and I really dislike that as well.

It's true that the media narrative of 'careful what you wish for' doesn't help, and Wenger managing to smirk at every other question in the post match conference pissed me off and I enjoy their bad results!

Lan

Surprised people have any sympathy for Wenger, I'm loving how this is going. Still remember how much of an utter cnut he was when Arse were good and out biggest rivals.

MooseTheMooche

I absolutely lost it when Claude was being interviewed, and one of the lads in the background was adjusting his eyebrows, and then promoting his Snapchat. The AFTV lot is really hilarious, their weekly meltdowns are incomparable to anything.

KN5

Was just scrolling through YouTube and came across this gold. DT from AFTV and Stephen Howson from fulltimedevils.

Status
Not open for further replies.