5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas

Just don't have the faith that we can make enough of the transfers we need.
I think we could at least do the essential ones this summer: RW, CM/DM, CB, LW/Striker (cheap option to fill in when Martial or Rashford are injured) and RB.That leaves a LB (to compete with Shaw) as the only pressing concern which could be addressed in the following January or Summer, as we'll still have Young and Dalot as options there. With Greenwood, Chong and Gomes coming through, I'd hope that one or two of them could help fill in the vacant forward spaces.

Last edited:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Solskjaer's quote was “When he plays he needs to find himself because we know there's a quality performer there.”
I think a bit like our game against Blackburn in 09/10 when it was beyond clear that Berbatov was never going to be great player for us (IE stand up when it counted the most), tonight was the game where the realisation that Alexis was never going to be a player for us finally sets in to the staff.

Berbatov went on to have a great start to 10/11 but when Rooney was back to full health, he was reserved to the bench and even dropped from the CL Final squad because he couldnt be trusted when it mattered most. Alexis wont even have the same redemption period.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ole is correct. There's nothing any manager whether Mourinho Ole or SAF can do for Sanchez right now. He looks absolutely broken at the moment. Either be figures out how to be effective or we get rid. Cant see how we keep a player like him.

ash_86

China ... Saudi .. anyone? I cannot for the life of me see him succeeding here. He plays in a wavelength of his own

fallengt

Receive ball - Make turn - Give ball away - Repeat - "Boss. Where's my weekly paycheck?"

He's hopeless.

In Rainbows

But that's a different argument as how can we use today against probably one of the best team in Europe to prove the point? If we win 3-0 tonight, no one posts feck all on here....
Yes we do. If he has another bad performance that is. Every match that he has a bad performance is just more evidence that he's finished. He's at a point where he needs to step up when his teammates aren't.

Giggs86

It is like watching a sick animal on the side of the road. Just put him out of his misery and ship him out of the club. I'd let him leave for free, not even sell him but sack him for piss poor performance.

Giggs86

I was sceptical about signing him after our last few marquee names hadn’t gone well at the time, but it sounds like his days here are numbered. OGS has inherited a post SAF Rooney.
I'd take the current Rooney at the age of 33, hungover and jet-lagged over Sanchez any day of the week.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Hard to be critical of the guy, he just doesn't have it anymore like Wayne Rooney's last 18 months with us. It's not like he's playing below a standard he's capable of, this is who he is now.

Red_toad

It is like watching a sick animal on the side of the road. Just put him out of his misery and ship him out of the club. I'd let him leave for free, not even sell him but sack him for piss poor performance.
Can't sack him for how he performs. Would have to pay out the entirety of his contract to release him for free. Seems contracts aren't a reality on the Caf. Sanchez is here until he wishes to leave or retires.
No idea how the club will deal with him, nor if he can rediscover his past form. But let's all pile in on him and blame him for us leaking 2 goals and not scoring, that'll show him...

Giggs86

Can't sack him for how he performs. Would have to pay out the entirety of his contract to release him for free. Seems contracts aren't a reality on the Caf. Sanchez is here until he wishes to leave or retires.
No idea how the club will deal with him, nor if he can rediscover his past form. But let's all pile in on him and blame him for us leaking 2 goals and not scoring, that'll show him...
And that's exactly what we should be doing. No point of him half-assin' his way through the season. And no one is blaming him for us leaking 2 goals, it's just him being a pub player since we've signed him. And this is a player who genuinely was rated by many as one of the top 3 players in the PL alongside KDB and Hazard when we signed him.

yfoFC

Rubbish. The game changed once they scored and the outcome of the games was because we weren't good enough. I guess blaming Sanchez means it make it more palatable, know yourself out....
You questioned the attackers we had in the first half and I simply pointed out that no attacker from both teams had played well in the first half

Second half was the time for the attackers to shine as the game opened up more but Sanchez and our other attackers didn't step up

I don't blame him as none of our attackers turned up but I should expect someone of his reputation to do better than he did, simple.

Jeffthered

Was not his best night, and I do worry. I am a huge fan on Alexis Sanchez, who, playing well , would provide a quality, and level of experience we could benefit from.

But I wonder whether his greed has got the better of him. He seems in the wrong place. He looks like he is trying , but it's just not working out.

It's up to him and Ole/Phelan etc to work with him, because at the moment, it's just not right. We need our attacking players to perform to finish top four.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Put him in the stands because at the moment he is pointless, we may as well give the youngsters some time. Tell him to look for a new club or be ready to never play for us again.

You're not wrong. However if the club tells him they will not play anymore, he'll either look for a new club or he'll happily sit on the bench until his contract ends. Either way, we have to stop using him for good.

Thiagoal

Can't see anyone paying a transfer fee and his ridiculous wages! Best we can hope for is the likes of Milan coming in for him on loan, at least we'll recoup some of his wages (maybe 100k) which is more use than him sitting on the bench or ruining our fluidity on the pitch!

Will be interesting to see what happens now Jesse and Anthony are out. Personally I'd play Chong or Greenwood as they have the pace that Mata and Sanchez don't

Fracture90

Absolutely unless, at times even worst first touch and ball control than Lukaku. He will only regress more and more from this point on. Hopefully we can offload him and his ridiculous wages.

Member 90887

The Sanchez situation is exactly the Rooney situation for me. That's all there to say about it really.

fallengt

Rubbish. The game changed once they scored and the outcome of the games was because we weren't good enough. I guess blaming Sanchez means it make it more palatable, know yourself out....
. It was Sanchez with his ridiculous turn which lost possession which led to a dangerous shot, which led to the corner kick which led to psg' first goal

Last edited:

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
We call him ''the Arsenal prick'' in our house. And I don't see it changing.
That’s quite funny remembering how Utd fans thought they were doing a number on us by taking him. Mind you both clubs got shafted by whichever idiot decided not to accept 60m for him from City in the summer.

Canagel

. It was Sanchez with his ridiculous turn which lost possession which led to a dangerous shot, which led to the corner kick which led to psg' first goal
Yes the crowds collective groan after this was very audible. The guy cannot find red shirt to save his life.

Last edited:

Rockets Redglare

Can't see anyone paying a transfer fee and his ridiculous wages! Best we can hope for is the likes of Milan coming in for him on loan, at least we'll recoup some of his wages (maybe 100k) which is more use than him sitting on the bench or ruining our fluidity on the pitch!

Will be interesting to see what happens now Jesse and Anthony are out. Personally I'd play Chong or Greenwood as they have the pace that Mata and Sanchez don't
Why does everyone think a couple of kids are going to be able to cut it at this level?
Chong played the other week and looked absolutely feckless.

Fracture90

It's like as we're living in some football variant of "Space Jam" called "Space curve" and those evil monstars have stolen the talent of some of the best football players in the world, Sanchez amongst them. That's how shockingly his skills and ability have dropped. Can't see any other explanation.

Jacob

Seems to stumble over the ball. Maybe he's just sick of football and wants to stay on the bench with a fat paycheck

Rossa

When he takes a touch to either pass the ball or dribble, it seems to ricochet off his other foot. I wonder how he does that!

His pace, or lack of, is not the biggest issue. He gives the ball away either from poor technique or terrible passing time and time again - being 30 should not do that to any former top player.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
When he takes a touch to either pass the ball or dribble, it seems to ricochet off his other foot. I wonder how he does that!

His pace, or lack of, is not the biggest issue. He gives the ball away either from poor technique or terrible passing time and time again - being 30 should not do that to any former top player.
He's always been wasteful. I remember the year before we signed him he was the most dispossessed/highest turnover player in they league. Basically he was overrated because Arsenal indulged him in games until something came off.

Rossa

He's always been wasteful. I remember the year before we signed him he was the most dispossessed/highest turnover player in they league. Basically he was overrated because Arsenal indulged him in games until something came off.
He has, but he delivered goals and assists. Now he offers basically nothing.

How to get rid...

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I don't get the Rooney comparisons beyond the big contract and being past his best. Rooney was still far better for us than Sanchez has been, not that that's saying much, mind.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't get the Rooney comparisons beyond the big contract and being past his best. Rooney was still far better for us than Sanchez has been, not that that's saying much, mind.
All players careers wane eventually, but we had Wayne at his absolute best and nobody can take that away. Sanchez has never done it for us and his form was dropping off at Arsenal, was that down to him knowing he was leaving or was it a bad sign that we should have read?

Josh 76

He even struggles to jog when warming up. (Im serious). His body must be so battered.

Status
Not open for further replies.