Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

::sonny::

Lost all the pace, plays like a 60 yo

Sanchez without the pace is average player, not better than Diego Jota

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Bringing him off today was a sure sign of "I don't trust you to get us anything from this game". Hopefully we can see him benched for a while.
I kind of got the same feeling. He's continued with Alexis for as long as he can, but maybe his patience is coming to an end. Martial did well (in the second half) against Young Boys, and if he did well when coming on against Wolves (he didn't do as well as I hoped, but it was definitely an improvement over Alexis) and then again against Derby, he might just get a decent run again. I hope so because at the moment Alexis doesn't deserve to be ahead of him.

Mcking

At the moment, he shouldn't be starting. I think Mata could even do a better job. We should give Martial a run of games on that position.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
As an Arsenal fan I knew he wouldn’t be as good because the team wouldn’t be built around him but I would be lying if I said I knew how awful he was going to be. This is a heavily downgraded version of Sanchez he’s become garbage. Torres at Chelsea level if not worse.

edgar allan

If someone came in and offered £60 million, and a big enough contract to Sanchez, and he was agreeable to it, and all issues could be resolved then United could get rid of him. But what they would have effectively done is released the best paid player in the PL on a free transfer. Admittedly, this would free up some wage budget, but you'd have a hard time selling this to the money men, I fancy.
What club is going to spend a penny to buy a player that is clearly so poor never mind match his astronomical wages.
He has had a good career and we will give him 80 million plus for no return over the next 4 years.
Let's call it as it is, the worst signing in the club's history, the dearest free transfer ever and we are stuck with him.

flappyjay

I know it's about to sound even more like the Rooney situation but in pre season he only impressed me when played in a two with mata.I remember in pre season he was running as much in the wing without doing anything special and everyone was gushing. Hence I think we should try him and Lukaku in a two.

crossy1686

career ending
What club is going to spend a penny to buy a player that is clearly so poor never mind match his astronomical wages.
He has had a good career and we will give him 80 million plus for no return over the next 4 years.
Let's call it as it is, the worst signing in the club's history, the dearest free transfer ever and we are stuck with him.
Wish people would stop making us sound like an abused housewife. We are not stuck with him, he is not bigger than the club. We have the means and the knowhow to get rid of him whenever we like. It will mean accepting a loss but we're by no means 'stuck with him'.

edgar allan

Wish people would stop making us sound like an abused housewife. We are not stuck with him, he is not bigger than the club. We have the means and the knowhow to get rid of him whenever we like. It will mean accepting a loss but we're by no means 'stuck with him'.
Wayne Rooney says hi.

Romez

Some one made a comparison ages ago that’s so perfect it’s all I can think about when I watch him now.

He’s basically Rooney when he started fading. Can’t do the basics right, misplaced passes and poor touches.

Although to be fair to Rooney he still popped up with the occasional moments of magic, which Sanchez doesn’t.

Romez

He was absolutely needed. The Sanchez that was at Arsenal would have elevated this team, and as it stands, we still need to go back in the market and spend the money to buy what we thought we were getting with Sanchez.

Dybala is the only one I reckon who could be available at an age where he’s ready, although he’s not quite as explosive.
He absolutely was not needed.

Sanchez is a LW/CF. We already have Lukaku and Martial.

What we need is a legit Right Winger, which evidently Sanchez is not.

Someone like Mahrez would have made way more sense as he could’ve slotted in on the right perfectly and wouldn’t have disrupted the progress of Martial.

Typical of our clubs lack of a plan. Mourinho was basically like ‘oooh a class player is available, get him!’, as opposed to ‘will this player fit in the team’.

edn33

Sack Fergie, sell Giggs, sign Mourinho and help me
Looks like a player completely out of form and needs to make way for the younger and more energatic Martial who would definitely benefit by having a run of games.

Morpheus 7

Seems like everyone has given up on him in here. He's a quality player that will come good, the midfield and forwards aren't clicking at all at the moment. He's not been good this season so far but I'm confident he still will. It's September still and people are comparing him to a finished Rooney and want him out. Welcome to the modern day football fan I suppose, patience and backing the team in bad times aren't there.

piratefox

Forget him playing on the right or left. He's finished out wide and a total hindrance in terms of our wage structure and squad harmony.

Mou isn't playing two up front with our defenders, so he's done.

We've gotten worse since he arrived. Disastrous signing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Someone like Mahrez would have made way more sense as he could’ve slotted in on the right perfectly and wouldn’t have disrupted the progress of Martial.

Typical of our clubs lack of a plan. Mourinho was basically like ‘oooh a class player is available, get him!’, as opposed to ‘will this player fit in the team’.
Those are borderline semantics though. We needed a ‘forward’ straight from the very top draw as we lacked a matchwinner of that nature. When Van Gaal said we need a player with ‘speed and creativity’, he wasn’t being a formation hipster and saying ‘we need someone to play on the right’. We needed a top level difference maker. Griezmann is not the same player as Sanchez, but he was also being targeted to do the same job, but at the time of getting Sanchez, it looked a straight fight between Barcelona and Atletico for him.

For me, Sanchez represented our last chance to sign such a player, and it was by luck/chance that he became available, and not only available, but available to Manchester United. In recent years we have missed out on Hazard, Mbappé, Dembele, Bale, Sanchez when he went to Arsenal. We had been without inspiration in attack for so long, hence why Martial has many cult followers as he’s the only who showed this kind of thing for years.

It would have been stupid not to get a player like Sanchez as they don’t come around often. Likewise we would sign Neymar today despite him ‘preferring to play left than right’. The disappointment has simply been Alexis Sanchez turning up and being an imposter. If we had indeed gotten the Sanchez on our instruction manual, we would have no complaints and would also been a better team for it. Likewise if we had gotten Neymar, we will need to find someone else to play on the right, Mark fecking Albrighton would have done in those circumstances.

crossy1686

career ending

Rolaholic

Arguably been the worst signing of the post Fergie era all things considered,it was so unnecessary at the time and it's only looking worse and worse by the month.

Arsenal fans were adamant that he was passed it near the end of his time there and we all thought they were chatting shit,they were spot on. He's become our new Rooney.

Also think it's funny/strange how Jose never hesitated to drop Mkhitaryan when he stunk up the place and was ineffective yet 9 months in,Alexis has had even less of an impact and still gets a regular run of games and starts more often than not

Really dropped the ball with this one and the sooner the club acknowledges it and move on,the better. Might as well be a write off

Ainu

At this point we have to seriously consider that he's never going to be a good player for us. He looks finished. Just bench him for PL and CL games and play him in the league cup. If he's even good enough for that.

Mcking

We really fecked ourself with this signing. Martial and Rashford were doing really well, rotating, competing and scoring goals until we decided to bring this guy in. Completely fecked them and completely fecked the team. Now we have two youngsters sulking and unable to get in team and an underperforming superstar that repeatedly keeps his place even after the worse of worse performances.
Jose should man up and do something.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We only bought him to prevent him from joining City. Crazy when you think about it
We bought him because he wasn’t joining City, not to stop him joining them.

Can’t believe this thread. Well, I can tbh. The amount of people claiming that it made no sense at all to sign Alexis fecking Sanchez given the opportunity! It’s totally on him that he hasn’t performed.

We really fecked ourself with this signing. Martial and Rashford were doing really well, rotating, competing and scoring goals until we decided to bring this guy in. Completely fecked them and completely fecked the team. Now we have two youngsters sulking and unable to get in team and an underperforming superstar that repeatedly keeps his place even after the worse of worse performances.
Jose should man up and do something.
Rashford has never done 'really well' under Jose.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Him joining is one of the worst things to happen to us, I thought it would be great but he's been borderline useless and ruined our setup by being shoehorned into the side instead of Martial. I'm not Martial FC but think of how he would have carried on if he hadn't have been put to the side for this waste of space.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We bought him because he wasn’t joining City, not to stop him joining them.

Can’t believe this thread. Well, I can tbh. The amount of people claiming that it made no sense at all to sign Alexis fecking Sanchez given the opportunity! It’s totally on him that he hasn’t performed.
He was gonna join them for free in the summer in any case. Everything was in place for that. Sanchez was terrible for Arsenal in the last year before he came to us.
Not surprised by his current performances

He's failing but it isn't down to a lack of trying.His work-ethic is still apparent but he seems so off the pace at the moment.
Not helped by the team being mismanaged,especially offensively.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
It’s Arsene Wengers fault for not accepting the 60m from City. Now we have Mkhi who is another inconsistent player like Ozil while you have Sanchez who is on going downhill at record speed. All these problems should be City’s while we would have 60m more to spend.

Janson

If Martial was good enough, we wouldn't have been looking at Sanchez.

Eugenius

Lots of people have been sticking the knife in on him. Honestly, when you consider all of the factors involved it's hard not to conclude this isn't the worst transfer in our history:

1) We're paying him ridiculous wages, which will probably mean our wage structure creeps even further upwards. Is it inconceivable that DDG and Pogba lump on 50k a week to their next contract demand?

2) We wrote off a £25-30m asset in Mhki to get him, when we could have got him on a free transfer in the summer. We're still paying him as if we did actually sign him for 'free'.

3) He literally has zero resale value. If we assume someone else would pay him £250k a week (already a massive amount) over the rest of his contract (until he is almost 34), that would require us to subsidise his wages by £7m a year for the next 4 years. I can't see anyone taking on those wages and paying us a transfer fee, so we could have to give him £30m to bugger off.

4) We obviously needed a RW, and his signing has taken up the resources we could have put towards it.

5) He's been massively detrimental to the development of Rashford and Martial.

6) He's been genuinely rubbish.

On a personal note, he's not all that likeable. He's only here to line his pockets, and is also a big moaner.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Could we not just sneak some PED’s in his food and wait for the anti doping people to get him. Then sack him for being a drug cheat?
Maybe I'm crazy but I'm actually tempted to think this isn't such a bad idea :lol:

We wouldn't have left our selves open to a massive pants pull-down. Ed might not be football savvy but he doesn't give daft contracts we can't get out of in some way.
Would we not? Woodward sanctioned exactly that kind of pants pull-down with Rooney's new contract in 2014!

Ether

If Martial was good enough, we wouldn't have been looking at Sanchez.
If you have a chance to sign one of the best players in the PL, you take it. Rooney had 27 goals in 34 league games but SAF still went out and got Robin because you can never have too much quality. Just like City going for Alexis isn’t an indictment on any of their forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.