Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Seriously, what's your problem with him?

You didn't post for 7 days, you barely comment United players on here, and yet your last two posts in a row are about Herrera. One of them is about his tackle that was yellow at most, in half in which our players made far worse tackles.

At least admit you hate him for some reason, it's quite obvious.
He's an utter twat, in Spain I disliked him because he barely went a game without trying to break someone's legs and he's the exact same here

Plus he's not very good and it annoyed me how many people overrated his Athletic Club performances.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's an utter twat, in Spain I disliked him because he barely went a game without trying to break someone's legs and he's the exact same here

Plus he's not very good and it annoyed me how many people overrated his Athletic Club performances.
Behave yourself

Stringer

:lol: You're an absolute clown when it comes to assessing some players. Totally blind to what actually happens on the pitch and just spewing out the same nonsense. Name all these instances of Herrera's attempted leg breaks whilst he has been in England or shut up.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused

You're a bit dim aren't you?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Should have scored his chance. I don't know why we keep missing chances. With Moyes, it was as if every opposition attack or a mistake by us got punished by a goal. With Van Gaal, it seems as if the pivotal chances are not taken again and again.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Was knackered toward the end. Basically baby sat all of Rooney's shanked touches and buzzed around him to give him an option when he did manage to control stuff though.

It is to the surprise of nobody that we looked better with the Schmidfield and Herrera 10 combo.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
His technique is just not 'Spanish' enough, and he can be headless. I've liked him, but his technique isn't polished enough, and I don't see him being good enough for a serious team.

He has everything Mata doesn't, but he could do with Mata's clean touch.

Shame. Guardiola wouldn't like him that much, and I don't think Mourinho would either.
Even Pochettino, who would love his energy, would hate his headlessness and lack of consistency with the ball.

Boycott

I thought he was the worst of all our midfielders. Not bad but didn't show much quality with the ball. Best work was his movement and running which tbf helped Mata and Rooney.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

That's not very Joe Allen of him!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Stats

Shots
Shots - 2
On Target - 1
Off Target - 0
Blocked - 1
Big Chance - 1

Passes
Passes - 58/64
% - 90.6
Failed - 6 (4 travelled less than 5 yards, 2 were into the box)
Chances created - 1

Other
Crosses - 1/3
Take ons - 2/4
Ball recoveries - 8
Aerial duels - 0/1
Tackles - 5/11
Interceptions - 2
Clearances - 1/1

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I disliked him because he barely went a game without trying to break someone's legs
:lol: What? He's certainly combative, but he's not a malicious player in slightest.

Maybe it was his 90th minute goal against Barca ;)

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

You couldn't be any more wrong.

Only time he was involved in breaking leg situation here was when Gerrard wanted to break his leg.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

.... really? He likes a tackle yes, trying to break legs... no

Manny

Grammar Police

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Gerrard :lol:

izec

His technique is just not 'Spanish' enough, and he can be headless. I've liked him, but his technique isn't polished enough, and I don't see him being good enough for a serious team.

He has everything Mata doesn't, but he could do with Mata's clean touch.

Shame. Guardiola wouldn't like him that much, and I don't think Mourinho would either.
Even Pochettino, who would love his energy, would hate his headlessness and lack of consistency with the ball.
:lol: wow, so we go around picking managers and just guessing what qualities they would like/wouldnt like in a player? Is there anybody in our team apart De Gea that would survive this test?

pacifictheme

Rooney played far better than him today.
Agree. But hes the caf's wanking material so Rooney is shit and Herrera is god.

Thought he was poor in attack and defence today. People say hes combative but i just see clumsy and rash. He needs games i think but he missed our best chance today which was a real shame.

For me he is not good enough to start but we have no better options.

Silva
Ozil
Hazard
Coutinho
Erikson
Herrera

Hm.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
:lol: wow, so we go around picking managers and just guessing what qualities they would like/wouldnt like in a player? Is there anybody in our team apart De Gea that would survive this test?
I would have thought not being entirely Spanish in technique is why he is quite suited to the PL. Bilbao are not a typical Spanish side.

Speak

Look at a Guardiola team, and he doesn't play players as scrappy/headless/unpolished as Herrera. Not sure what's funny there.

Mourinho likes his hard-workers, but again, not headless runners. Discipline is huge for him. He also likes his players to be reliable on the ball, because his whole system is based on tranisitions from defence to attack. Again, not sure what's funny. It's not guessing; it's looking at his past squads.

Pochettino may like him, actually, but he'd have to curb his headlessness.

As for who would be up to Guardiola/Mourinho's highest standards, in terms of a starting eleven?
Martial, De Gea, Smalling, Shaw, Schneiderlin (less so for Guardiola) That's about it.
Most of the rest wouldn't look out of place at Tottenham, Everton or even Southampton.

DomesticTadpole

Agree. But hes the caf's wanking material so Rooney is shit and Herrera is god.

Thought he was poor in attack and defence today. People say hes combative but i just see clumsy and rash. He needs games i think but he missed our best chance today which was a real shame.

For me he is not good enough to start but we have no better options.

Silva
Ozil
Hazard
Coutinho
Erikson
Herrera

Hm.
By the way Rooney was shit. Funny how M.E.N gave him one of the highest ratings and said he played really well, but like a lot of the players tired in the 2nd half, especially after 4-5 weeks out, that might just happen. Yet Rooney got one of the worst, he was never MoM, that was DeGea, but his buddies on BT thought different. Rooney is finished. Sorry Hazard was awful today as well, all he did was roll about. Ozil when he is bothered, I would give you and Silva, when he isn't injured.

prath92

Good game. Got stuck in and played with intent. For a player who apparently said he would leave if LvG is the manager, seemed to play well for him today. that tackle on hazard was utterly stupid though. If that was fellaini who did that, he would have been critiscized to death

Oo0AahCantona

He's a 7/10 player. Long term should we want a team challenging for the champions league i'm not convinced he starts.

DomesticTadpole

Good game. Got stuck in and played with intent. For a player who apparently said he would leave if LvG is the manager, seemed to play well for him today. that tackle on hazard was utterly stupid though. If that was fellaini who did that, he would have been critiscized to death
No tackle on Hazard is stupid.

Speak

He's a 7/10 player. Long term should we want a team challenging for the champions league i'm not convinced he starts.
He doesn't. He can be part of a team that has its moment and wins a cup or two (like Mata) but a team that has the potential to dominate/seriously challenge for four or five years? No. Same for his mate Mata.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Yeah he's such a hatchet man isn't he

:rolleyes:

DomesticTadpole

He doesn't. He can be part of a team that has its moment and wins a cup or two (like Mata) but a team that has the potential to dominate/seriously challenge for four or five years? No. Same for his mate Mata.
We aren't challenging for anything soon. I think the odd cup will be out lot. If LvG is stopping and they are determined to go with Giggs we will not be up with the best for a while. There is going to be too much upheaval.

DomesticTadpole

It's what £30m buys you these days.

What state has football got into!
What is wrong with a 7/10 player? Especially when we have a captain who is 4/5. That is what happens with buyout clauses from clubs that don't want to and don't really need to sell. He will be fine. Not sure out club will be but Herrera will always put the effort in. If the clubs fails it will not be his fault, it will be idiotic decisions by the board.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I quite enjoyed the tackle on Hazard, in a strange way. He gave him a trip, then seemed to give him an almighty kicking as he was on his way down. Probably could have had a yellow card for each kick :lol:

Boycott

By the way Rooney was shit. Funny how M.E.N gave him one of the highest ratings and said he played really well, but like a lot of the players tired in the 2nd half, especially after 4-5 weeks out, that might just happen. Yet Rooney got one of the worst, he was never MoM, that was DeGea, but his buddies on BT thought different. Rooney is finished. Sorry Hazard was awful today as well, all he did was roll about. Ozil when he is bothered, I would give you and Silva, when he isn't injured.
Ozil when he's not bothered is above Herrera.

Herrera's a good PL midfielder on par with a Henderson or a fit Wilshere. No more.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What is wrong with a 7/10 player? Especially when we have a captain who is 4/5. That is what happens with buyout clauses from clubs that don't want to and don't really need to sell. He will be fine. Not sure out club will be but Herrera will always put the effort in. If the clubs fails it will not be his fault, it will be idiotic decisions by the board.
we need more than 7/10 players, so spending £30m on a bunch of them doesn't seem what we want to do.

How much is a 9/10 player?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Herrera's a good PL midfielder on par with a Henderson or a fit Wilshere. No more.

Wilshere is considered by a lot as an absolute gem. So not sure that's the put down you were looking for:lol:

Speak

Wilshere's better, in my opinion.
Well... when he's fit.

Boycott

Wilshere is considered by a lot as an absolute gem. So not sure that's the put down you were looking for:lol:
Yeah I know though I don't see him as that good :smirk:. I think his injury lay-offs elevate his quality as it's so long since he's had a run of games.

Maybe Cabaye is more apt.

coolredwine

lameredboots

Liverpool fan putting down a United player shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.