Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I know though I don't see him as that good :smirk:. I think his injury lay-offs elevate his quality as it's so long since he's had a run of games.

Maybe Cabaye is more apt.
Oh I don't like him, he's a horrible aggressive little twat of a bloke, who smacks of "right" to be where he is.

Misses way more games than he ever plays.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I know though I don't see him as that good :smirk:. I think his injury lay-offs elevate his quality as it's so long since he's had a run of games.

Maybe Cabaye is more apt.
ps yep Cabaye is a better put down!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
His lack of discipline irritated me today. It actually angered me that he kicked Hazard, clear for all to see, and then tried to protest to the referee that he got the ball. This is merely short-term anger towards him, but fecking hell - what a twat.

Anyway, apart from his fouling - thought he was pretty average. Few neat touches, and should have scored really.

izec

Typical caf.

''Our players never do tactical fouls, or show some aggressiveness, all of them so soft and a bunch of pussies''.

One player does what was lamented here and missing for a few weeks now, oh he is such a twat, hate him, cnut :lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Typical caf.

''Our players never do tactical fouls, or show some aggressiveness, all of them so soft and a bunch of pussies''.

One player does what was lamented here and missing for a few weeks now, oh he is such a twat, hate him, cnut :lol:
That's true. :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Typical caf.

I love him for doing that. Rather have that than players who hide and we have plenty of them. He's bothered about not winning.

Oo0AahCantona

Still think he is at his best in a midfield 3 but not as a 10.
This is a genuine question, what is the tangible difference between a no.10 and one of the more offensive positions in a midfield 3? without going into fifa level generalisations.

Because a lot of excuses have been made for him over the past 18 months as to his position, I personally don't see how the difference in those 2 positions changes him from a fairly good player to a exceptional one, given his skillset.

When he's played deeper and doesnt look solid, people say he needs to be further forward, and when he's played further forward people say he's not a 10.

RedStarUnited

I like him but I think we need better players.
How about we stick to the current setup for more than a game at a time. Its okay switching out Bastian and Carrick but to keep fecking about with our midfield on a game to game basis is annoying and builds zero consistency.

People in here expect a player to come in the team and give a 9/10 performance after being out of it for a few months.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
How about we stick to the current setup for more than a game at a time. Its okay switching out Bastian and Carrick but to keep fecking about with our midfield on a game to game basis is annoying and builds zero consistency.

People in here expect a player to come in the team and give a 9/10 performance after being out of it for a few months.
Exactly the only midfielders that should be rotated are Bastian/Michael because of their age. Rotation is only for big squads, take note LvG. How on earth do you expect them to build up any rhythm and understanding if you keep changing it. Lets just hope Ander and Morgan can now stay fit for the rest of the campaign.

ZDwyr

He was alright I thought. We looked more fluid in attack with him as the #10 anyway. His fouls are a bit annoying. Fellaini cops a lot for being dirty and stuff but Herrera is arguably more aggressive and reckless.

m1y2

Herrera is basically our Willian, very underrated, just needs to stay fit and be put in a different more aggressive philosophy/system, the same with Scheiderlin, both players like to press higher up the pitch , and they win a lot of balls which can give us great positions to start attacks unlike when we are too passive and wait for the opponent to lose the ball and we start attack from the deep. This is just shit system and even though these too doesnt fit it that well they are still one of our best players, dont know what ppl are expecting..

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Just getting back from the game today. Thought he was excellent. A couple of needless fouls but otherwise kept it ticking over very nicely, had several very nice touches under notable pressure and won the ball back superbly on multiple occasions.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's got a nice hustle about him, never stops moving always tries to create something either on the ball or pressing off of it. That kind of constant movement in the attacking third creates chances.

Sometimes he gets the better of himself with those silly fouls but he means good. Him along with Schneiderlin should start every one of our remaining fixtures. with Carrick and Basti rotating for the other spot.

NK86

Look at a Guardiola team, and he doesn't play players as scrappy/headless/unpolished as Herrera. Not sure what's funny there.

Mourinho likes his hard-workers, but again, not headless runners. Discipline is huge for him. He also likes his players to be reliable on the ball, because his whole system is based on tranisitions from defence to attack. Again, not sure what's funny. It's not guessing; it's looking at his past squads.

Pochettino may like him, actually, but he'd have to curb his headlessness.

As for who would be up to Guardiola/Mourinho's highest standards, in terms of a starting eleven?
Martial, De Gea, Smalling, Shaw, Schneiderlin (less so for Guardiola) That's about it.
Most of the rest wouldn't look out of place at Tottenham, Everton or even Southampton.
You keep talking about his headlessness and telling Mourinho would not like him. Have you seen Ramires play and he was a starter under Mourinho.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He seems to be the most vocal/passionate among the front 6, along with Bastian. Like players that actually care about winning. Future vice-captain maybe?

LeftyBlaster

Herrera is basically our Willian, very underrated, just needs to stay fit and be put in a different more aggressive philosophy/system, the same with Scheiderlin, both players like to press higher up the pitch , and they win a lot of balls which can give us great positions to start attacks unlike when we are too passive and wait for the opponent to lose the ball and we start attack from the deep. This is just shit system and even though these too doesnt fit it that well they are still one of our best players, dont know what ppl are expecting..
I think he's more of our Ramires.

Irrational.

Love him. He really does make us play when he has the added protection of the Schmidfield behind him, allowing him to make those late runs into the box. Was unlucky not to score.

POF

Not sure what game everyone else was watching. I thought he had a really good game. Was involved in most of what was good in attack for United.

His run for the chance was first class and he did little wrong with the finish. It was an outstanding save by Courtois. There is much more urgency about United's play when Herrera is in the team.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he's more of our Ramires.
Agree he has more quality but less running pace. Great little player to have around the squad with potential to stay in the team when starting. Nicky Butt like standing in the squad for me.

Jaapster

I think he was great yesterday, yeah he booted hazard Good! if hazard had gone on and whacked it in the top corner we would have all been saying why didn't someone
hit him? he did. Don't complain about that, scholes would have booted him harder .
Every challenge he was involved in was aggressive and I love that in a player .

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Was poor yesterday, does get over rated by our fans.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He needs to relax a bit more when he has the ball. Gets too excited at times despite having good technique, which results in him misplacing simple passes at times. I do like his tenacity though.

m1y2

Was poor yesterday, does get over rated by our fans.
he had a poor spell in the middle of the game, Hazard was giving him hard time but he was good at the beginning of the game and at the end as well, winning the ball and being creative. 6,5/10, 6 being the standard..

m1y2

He needs to relax a bit more when he has the ball. Gets too excited at times despite having good technique, which results in him misplacing simple passes at times. I do like his tenacity though.
he seems lately like at the start of his campaign here, more in preseason when he was so erratic and full of energy but couldnt make his tackles right and misplaced passes, he was still a good performer like he was against chelsea yesterday but it only took him a few weeks to cut this out of his game and he was great since, now he's kinda back to it but he only got back to the side, not sure if he's fully fit yet, Schneiderlin will certainly help him to get into form like he does to everyone else around him. I'd like us to build that core of midfield from players with a good tackling ability, full of legs and some creativity as well, might wanna replace Carrick in the summer with someone younger as well to rotate with Sweinsteigger

Ballache

Supports
Martial
he seems lately like at the start of his campaign here, more in preseason when he was so erratic and full of energy but couldnt make his tackles right and misplaced passes, he was still a good performer like he was against chelsea yesterday but it only took him a few weeks to cut this out of his game and he was great since, now he's kinda back to it but he only got back to the side, not sure if he's fully fit yet, Schneiderlin will certainly help him to get into form like he does to everyone else around him. I'd like us to build that core of midfield from players with a good tackling ability, full of legs and some creativity as well, might wanna replace Carrick in the summer with someone younger as well to rotate with Sweinsteigger
exactly, maybe an extended run in the team will help. Him and Schneiderlin should always start IMO and we can rotate Carrick and Bastian.

MarkC

Done well got himself into the game. Loved the backheel for the CJB cross showed nice awareness. His energy was good.

Moby

Dick
Herrera is basically our Willian, very underrated, just needs to stay fit and be put in a different more aggressive philosophy/system, the same with Scheiderlin, both players like to press higher up the pitch , and they win a lot of balls which can give us great positions to start attacks unlike when we are too passive and wait for the opponent to lose the ball and we start attack from the deep.
Aye.

Spock

Ander was fantastic yesterday. Easily one of the first names for the starting XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.