5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Witchking

For me the best player in the team currently on what he does. He needs to start every game till the end of the season, get back in full form and see how the team's fortunes improve.

Bwuk

Him and Morgan should be starting every game with one of Carrick or Bastian behind them ala Pirlo.

Hes far from the biggest problem in our team.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
With him and Schneiderlin starting every game we'll definitely look so much better. Having Mata infront of Carrick and Fellaini for example is just dire.

Herrera infront of Schweini and Schneiderlin will be brilliant. Front 3 of Martial and 2 others who've got more than 10% pass/shot/cross accuracy out of Rooney/Memphis/Young etc.

Name Changed

weso26
For me the best player in the team currently on what he does. He needs to start every game till the end of the season, get back in full form and see how the team's fortunes improve.
Barring DDG, I think he's our best player also. I'd build the team around him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Looked a little rusty, seemed always 0,1 second late in his tackles. But I like his style and we should definitely stick with him in no10.

dichinero

More reserved today, not a bad performance but in a #10 role he needs to offer more support in the box.
His industry is really important. I don't believe he is the traditional #10 but a free roaming #8, part of a midfield 3 in a 433 with only one DM. He did good today. Not his best performance but ok.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think he is important to the team, because we need his running and stitching up moves all over the field.

POF

More reserved today, not a bad performance but in a #10 role he needs to offer more support in the box.
He didn't play as a number 10 today. He played on the right of a midfield diamond in a 3-4-3. Even after United changed to a back 4 he stayed on the right of a midfield 3.

prath92

Decent today. He should stop giving needless freekicks just outside the box. Gave 2 or 3 in the last 2 games. His energy is good though. Wilingness to get stuck in

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Not a very good game today. I'm not sure he has a clear role in the team as he seems a bit lost at times. He's neat and tidy but still loses the ball too often.

JoaquinJoaquin

I thought he was crap today, gave the ball away far too many times. At least on the positive he was trying to get the ball forward.

izec

He was pretty bad today i thought. Too many fouls, too many mistakes/mishit passes and the game was running past him. I dont like that he is constantly looking for Mata and plays some different passes to him and we lose the ball therefore.

Donut

He's really not as good as people want him to be.

Eventually, as we strengthen, he should become a squad player, but for now he should keep playing and is not a major problem.

AttackingFlair

I'm a huge fan of Ander but he frustrated me today, seemed more interested in passing backwards to his mate Mata and slowing the game down than looking up and playing forward.

Not sure why he froze when through early in the first half as well, should've shot or squared it.

m1y2

great start, too tidy in the rest of the game, overall okay performance, nothing really that bad like some people here say, he ran there well and that's also why we won the battle in the middle of the park and he's all of a sudden squad player by some :lol:

bucky

Would love to see what he can do under a different manager. He's nowhere near what he had shown at Athletic.

walkinhop

He's really not as good as people want him to be.

Eventually, as we strengthen, he should become a squad player, but for now he should keep playing and is not a major problem.
This will need to be an enormous strengthening. His energy and enthusiasm is blindingly contrasting compared to most of the team. He seems like one of the few who actually cares about winning. He has ups and downs in form but overall nobody else offers what he does at the moment.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I only saw the second half and after 15 minutes I thought he must have got hurt and subbed off because I didn't see him once. Did absolutely nothing after that either.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He's had a crap couple of games. His discipline is really starting to irritate me. Gives away needless fouls - it's fine if they are ones that relieve the pressure and slows down the opposition's tempo, but this isn't the case.

kps88

Scrappy first half, followed by a disappearing act for most of the second. I'll keep playing him though if the alternative is Fellaini.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So over rated by the cafe.

Today was a typical performance: indisciplined, scrappy and ineffective.

I don't get what all the fuss is about.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We play better with him on the pitch even if he specifically doesn't play well. It's his energy and the positions he takes up which makes a difference compared to the others we have.

Steven Seagull

So over rated by the cafe.

Today was a typical performance: indisciplined, scrappy and ineffective.

I don't get what all the fuss is about.
He was crap but it's more the fact that almost all of our best football from the past 18 months has come with him in the side, rather than him being a world beater. If it's him or Fellaini I pick him every time even slightly off form

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's a definite starter for me, not great today but offers is much more movement and urgency to our game, an ideal #10.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's a definite starter for me, not great today but offers is much more movement and urgency to our game, an ideal #10.
He needs to start offering something much more. I am a big fan of his but he's not been good enough. He currently plays because our other alternatives are worse. I believe there is much more in him but he needs to show it. I also want him to have a clear, specific position - he seems to be a bit lost at times

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He needs to start offering something much more. I am a big fan of his but he's not been good enough. He currently plays because our other alternatives are worse. I believe there is much more in him but he needs to show it. I also want him to have a clear, specific position - he seems to be a bit lost at times
Who doesn't look lost at the moment? Those who are team players, who aren't capable of individual brilliant like Martial are all struggling to an extent. They are having problems creating because they haven't got the options of a fully functional team around them to combine with.

Spock

We're much better with Ander than without. This is his second or third start recently and the rest of the squad is far from top gear, so the man shouldn't be judged too harshly.

Witchking

I am not sure if many have noticed but he is the only player who is capable of playing the pass and move game. He passes the ball and goes in a clear space to receive the ball.

Others just have no clue of what passing is all about.

The amount of times, you see the player with the ball at his feet, holding his hands up in the air frustrated at no one being open to receive the ball.

Ander needs to be in the first 11 all the time. He needs to build his game and the only way he can do that is by playing regularly. He has never been given the opportunity to have a full season of starts due to his injuries and LVG's ego.

Shimo

Problem with the pass and move game is that he is in such a hurry to do it, a lot of his passes don't come off right. The idea is great and I wish more of the team would have his desire to move the ball quicker and also make themselves available but, he needs to be able to get the ball where it needs to otherwise the movement is useless.

Maybe if he actually gets a run of games he'll get more of that timing and his passing in order - and that's key, for him to stay in the team because even though he is not playing all that great right now, he does add that bit of urgency to our game.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Ander needs to be in the first 11 all the time. He needs to build his game and the only way he can do that is by playing regularly. He has never been given the opportunity to have a full season of starts due to his injuries and LVG's ego.
Such arbitrary, agenda forwarding conjecture, Ander has in the main played when fit this year. Presumed ego comes nowhere near the discussion.

Witchking

Such arbitrary, agenda forwarding conjecture, Ander has in the main played when fit this year. Presumed ego comes nowhere near the discussion.
Ok, i might be wrong but from what i recollect, he came back from injury was not started immediately while the same rules did not seem to apply to rooney.

I actually want LVG to stay but it is very clear that LVG is not a man manager at all. There was even some rumors that Herrera might leave at the end of the season. Doesn't bode well for United if this is true.

Let's see if he gets to start games now, will only help him get more game time which will help the team perform better.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Ok, i might be wrong but from what i recollect, he came back from injury was not started immediately while the same rules did not seem to apply to rooney.

I actually want LVG to stay but it is very clear that LVG is not a man manager at all. There was even some rumors that Herrera might leave at the end of the season. Doesn't bode well for United if this is true.

Let's see if he gets to start games now, will only help him get more game time which will help the team perform better.
I don't recall if Rooney's injury was muscle or impact related but Herrera's definitely was a hamstring problem, it made sense to not rush him back into starting particularly when we had cover. In terms of players returning that week it was always going to be one or the other rather than both. Particularly over Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.