Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
It's obvious he's so used to playing with Ronnie. He's playing with players half as fast as that Madrid side. Still, he looks glorious in our shirt.

He'll get an assist before the game is done.

Deleted member 78215

Notice how he is trying to go through the middle, yet when the others receive the ball their default function is to ping it out wide to two of the worst wingers in the PL. No wonder our play is so shit.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Notice how he is trying to go through the middle, yet when the others receive the ball their default function is to ping it out wide to two of the worst wingers in the PL. No wonder our play is so shit.
Yeah it's a noticeable difference isn't it? The Manchester United way

Timdbro

Please god, make it so that the rest of the team starts to play more like him than the other way round.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Well I partially address that here in the post below.

The point is that we don't know how it will work in a 3-5-2. I agree that he plays better with two behind him, which is effectively four as it consists of two midfielders and two centre backs. Here he has three centre backs and one midfielder behind him which is still four players. If the system is played properly then it won't be a huge difference.

The biggest danger is that we start to see huge holes in front of the defence behind Di Maria - but you can get around that by 1. Pushing up and squeezing the space, 2. Having defenders who step out of the back line and make a challenge.

It won't definitely work and no body knows because it's not been tried before. It has a chance of working though so I'm not surprised it's being tried.
Yeah, I just read that, so fair enough, but I still think that would end up couple of meters deeper on the pitch than he should be used, he could be much more useful bit higher up the pitch.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Wow, hes been here like two-three days? And already he looks miles ahead of the rest in the first game. Makes me exited and pissed at the same time. Excited, because we have got quite a player on our hands and pissed because he can come inn and show the others up like this.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Quality wise he's standing out like a sore thumb there today, playing lovely through balls, whipping in decent crosses and making surging runs through the middle. If we could only click in the final third now.

justboy68

It's scary how much better than our other players he looks already. Just pray to god we don't bring him down to our current level.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Solid enough debut, could and should have had about 3 assists if we could finish our chances. So much quicker and sharper than the rest of the team, it's a tragedy seeing him having to play with our dross.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Great debut in a shockingly bad team. Shows how even in a midfield role, he likes to drift around and carry the ball...to put an end to the myth that he only shined as a central midfielder at Madrid.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Yeah, I just read that, so fair enough, but I still think that would end up couple of meters deeper on the pitch than he should be used, he could be much more useful bit higher up the pitch.
He had an excellent debut.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He looked superb at times today, actually as if he was going to create something which is more than can be said for a lot of them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Better to sit on Madrid's bench than to be part of this team IMHO but I'm so fecking glad he's joined us. A real footballer in a shower of shit.

Acole9

Outstanding
Not a bad start. Just a shame some of them out there were clearly not on the same wavelength.

Kostur

海尔的老板
God I'm praying that he doesn't adjust his level to the level of dross we're witnessing from rest of our 'players'. Please Angel, keep your swagger.

IhabX7

The question is will he make the rest of the attack rise to a higher level or will they drag him down?

Drifter

American
Played well.Did better than the other players , but the comments in the match day thread were a bit dramatic.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
He looked by far and away your best player, but will he be able to play alongside this calibre of player? It seemed like he was expecting players to be making runs and they weren't.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Yep, pleased with his debut, but still I don't think he'll be playing there.
If the system changes then it's because of issues unrelated to Di Maria - specifically the wingbacks and defence.

Di Maria is absolutely fine there and looked great.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
Played well.Did better than the other players , but the comments in the match day thread were a bit dramatic.
What the 2 pages based purely on one pass to RVP?;)

It's allowed considering you havent had such quality in a long time.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Please god, make it so that the rest of the team starts to play more like him than the other way round.
It's scary how much better than our other players he looks already. Just pray to god we don't bring him down to our current level.
God I'm praying that he doesn't adjust his level to the level of dross we're witnessing from rest of our 'players'. Please Angel, keep your swagger.
Echo this sentiment. It's a genuine concern because he could easily get dragged down rather than the others step up and meet the bar he's set in his debut.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He must have been looking around at the likes of Fletcher, Young, Valencia, Anderson and wondering if he's joined the right club. Going from Alonso, Modric, Ronaldo et al to that is a drastic step down

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If the system changes then it's because of issues unrelated to Di Maria - specifically the wingbacks and defence.

Di Maria is absolutely fine there and looked great.
Easy, he did look good at times but he was far from great.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
Yes, several of his passes went out because our statue players just weren't moving.
I could tell his passes were intended for movers and not just bad passes (Mata Fletcher Rooney RVP) because they would have been absolutely abysmal passes otherwise and he wasnt doing that.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Decent first game for him, some great balls, but plenty of miss hit ones aswell. Will take him time to get used to playing with our players, but it looks like he is settling quickly.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can see what he brings to the side.

We need to open the chequebook again beyond Blind though as he seems to be the only one we have currently able to drive forward and create.

Status
Not open for further replies.