5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Hopefully pressure won't get to him like it did to Marcus, because right now he's a light in the tunnel of shit season we're having.

Ralf's doing fantastic job on this lad, but the lad himself looks fearless without any guidance.
I really think people need to stop blaming Rashford's piss performances on "pressure" or mental health. He's been at the top level for 6 years now being one of our star players and playing in numerous huge games both in and out of form. Rashford was actually one of the better "big game" players we had for years.

It's not pressure, he's simply not the same player physically since the injury and without that physical advantage his faults are much more obvious as a poor decision maker and mediocre player technically.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I really think people need to stop blaming Rashford's piss performances on "pressure" or mental health. He's been at the top level for 6 years now being one of our star players and playing in numerous huge games both in and out of form. Rashford was actually one of the better "big game" players we had for years.

It's not pressure, he's simply not the same player physically since the injury and without that physical advantage his faults are much more obvious as a poor decision maker and mediocre player technically.
If that's the case then we should look closer how we dealt with the injury. If damage to his body prevents him from playing good then why aren't physios on to him 24/7 trying to get him to full physical fitness ?

Most of all, why is he still starting games if he got serious detriment to his physicality. Think someone needs to come forward to the media and speak what is actually wrong with Marcus, because in that rate Elanga & Sancho are nailed to start for years to come over him.

Glad he scored; not convinced by the finish, on another day the keeper might have saved it. Very poor left foot shot straight at the keeper wasted earlier big chance from Sancho's pass.
I agree, I was hoping I wasn’t alone in thinking that. I’ll be honest, despite the impressive start, I haven’t seen any skills or attributes from him that make me think he’s going to be a top player.

Of course I hope I get proved wrong!

city-puma

He's going through a similar face that Greenwood did. Just doing the simple things, sticking to the 'book' and not doing anything too fancy.

Eventually though he will start to show his skills and beating his man when he becomes more settled.

Right now though, i'll take a run of goal scoring form like he's in!
Second this!

Marwood

People questioning his technical ability have never seen him play for reserves.
Nah that's not true.

Watched him in the U23's since he moved to that age category and I wasn't/aren't 100% convinced of that side of his game.

C'est Moi Cantona

I have high hopes for him, a Mctominay up front sort of player, maybe not an elite talent, but gives a good 6-7 out of 10 sort of performances evey game, with no ego, social media attention seeking, outside of football distractions, bullcrap stuff attached.

lex talionis

How high his ceiling is hard to judge just yet, but there's no denying that he's had a huge impact in his breakout season with the first team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I have high hopes for him, a Mctominay up front sort of player, maybe not an elite talent, but gives a good 6-7 out of 10 sort of performances evey game, with no ego, social media attention seeking, outside of football distractions, bullcrap stuff attached.
He's consistently been one of the best players in every age group he's played in. He's in the Rashford bracket of talent, not the McTominay one for feck sake :lol: people are making him sound like some kind of competition winner, he's very highly rated and for good reason.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I think Ralf did well to manage his minutes (also driven by tactics probably), start, sub, start, like that. He is 19 only, no need to run him down the ground.
Rashy and Jlingz have been alright from the bench and crap as starters. Starting Elanga more often would certainly improve the team.

The other option is Bruno or Pogba out wide.

city-puma

Rashy and Jlingz have been alright from the bench and crap as starters. Starting Elanga more often would certainly improve the team.

The other option is Bruno or Pogba out wide.
Agree. A lot have been found during Ole’s time here. We should use those knowledge rather than repeating unsuccessful trials. Pogba can do serious damage to many types of opponents from left or right side, for instance. But, he never plays well in a dual-pivot starting a game when the opponents have a go from the start.

city-puma

How high his ceiling is hard to judge just yet, but there's no denying that he's had a huge impact in his breakout season with the first team.
Exactly. Look at Ramsey in Aston villa. He got plenty of game time last season. He seems having something special but really couldn’t contribute anything. This season, in just half year, he starts contributing a lot to them. It’s a quite normal process for youngsters during development and self evolution. Hope his ceiling is something very special. Let’s see.

C'est Moi Cantona

He's consistently been one of the best players in every age group he's played in. He's in the Rashford bracket of talent, not the McTominay one for feck sake :lol: people are making him sound like some kind of competition winner, he's very highly rated and for good reason.
I didn't think comparing him to a Mctominay sort of player was an insult to be honest.

My point was he seems like he could be level headed, focused, and consistent sort of player for us, unlike some of our young forward players we have had in recent years, Rashford obviously included in that.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Had assumed it was something that was presented to him but this makes it sound like he looked for extra prep on his own initiative, which is great.

SirScholes

Had assumed it was something that was presented to him but this makes it sound like he looked for extra prep on his own initiative, which is great.
I remember when welbeck was given the instruction “Nuerer stays up so do not chip him”

only to try and chip him

it’s encouraging to hear this

El-Manos

That assist from Bruno though :drool:

It's amazing how a man who misplaces the ball for most of the match, can produce an Iniesta like assist out of the blue
That axtusllt looks really impressive from everybody involved . Ball basically didn’t even touch the grass until Fred passed into Bruno

AndersB

Lovely composure for the goal. Nice to see him place it rather than just leather it like Rashford would in that situation. He's having a very good first season and making a big case to be starting.

Not a criticism of him but I haven't yet seen any stand out attributes like pace or skill or passing. He's doing the basics very well but I hope it's not another young player who bursts onto the scene before fading.
Fixed for you

wise_old_man

It's not great. It means our current staffs are clueless if the players have to look for and study the opposition's goalkeeper's weakness by themselves. All of Oblak's habits and weaknesses should have been analyzed to the teeth and printed out in the locker's room days before the match.

SoCross

Yep. There’s a reason why he made his debut last season.

Although, if I were the manager, I’d utilise him more off the bench this season, ease him in. Don’t think he should start, that sort of pressure can break a young lad. But RR may not have an alternative.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Yep. There’s a reason why he made his debut last season.

Although, if I were the manager, I’d utilise him more off the bench this season, ease him in. Don’t think he should start, that sort of pressure can break a young lad. But RR may not have an alternative.
Problem is we have no real alternative to start players ahead of him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought he was really good today and displayed his searing pace on a few occasions. He seems to be getting more confident and that is a good thing for us. Still room for improvement but a very encouraging performance imo.

Woodenlung

The was comfortably our best player today. He offers a much greater threat than Ronaldo across the frontline. His pace frightens the shit out of defenders.

TheMitz

I love his passion for the game and the fact that he always gives 100% ..... Rashford take note.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lots of pace and potential. Not helped at the moment by us being no sort of attacking force, except when playing the madness of Leeds.

Needs to learn when to pass earlier though.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
The thing i like the most about him is that he passes the fecking ball, mostly at the right times as well. Something Rashford or Greenwood don't have in their respective locker. Team player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hugely impressed by him. Before this he's been all about runs and goals and while we certainly needed one today his general play was quality today.

Gordon S

Is his dribbling improving? Looks fantastic running with the ball at times!

-Supreme-

He was very good today, has shown an added confidence in this game with his link up and took players on with good succes.

Shame he didn’t finish the best attacking moves of the match.

Stadjer

Played well but should have scored (atleast get it between the posts) after his great combination with Pogba.

Dont think he is a great finisher yet, that goal against Atletico wasnt great finishing either. Very young still, he has time.

the_cliff

Definitely needs to be starting over Rashford, very direct, pacy and has better close control while dribbling than Rashford which causes more problems.

A bright spark in a generally forgettable season.

Status
Not open for further replies.