Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Deschamps said: "At this age, even if he has already proved a lot, he has a lot to learn. He has to maintain a certain level of performance for some time.

"He must push himself a little harder sometimes. It's a state of mind. He's like that, so he needs to battle a little with himself. He needs to get stronger to maintain his level in the long run."

http://www.espnfc.com/france/story/...h-himself-harder-france-boss-didier-deschamps

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will come out of this rough patch very well. It's even remarkable we are talking this much about it. It's only been 4 games. And I thought his second half performances against Bournemouth and Southampton were very good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Deschamps said: "At this age, even if he has already proved a lot, he has a lot to learn. He has to maintain a certain level of performance for some time.

"He must push himself a little harder sometimes. It's a state of mind. He's like that, so he needs to battle a little with himself. He needs to get stronger to maintain his level in the long run."

http://www.espnfc.com/france/story/...h-himself-harder-france-boss-didier-deschamps
This is probably a decent point. Sometimes, he can be a bit too languid. Being ice-cool mentally is a great asset but it must be combined with a really strong intensity. To be fair to him, he did show that intensity most of last season, and hence he had an excellent season. But barring a couple of spells of 15-20 minutes here and there, it's been on the low side this season.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
Martial is starting tomorrow for France... you y'all should watch.

Good lineup too:

Mandanda
Sidibe - Varane(c) - Koscielny - Kurzawa
Pogba - Kante - Matuidi
Griezmann - Giroud - Martial

LouisDanGaal

I would definitely agree with those comments, certainly seems to have patches where his head is down both in individual games and over the course of last season. If we can get him at his top level the entire time, I know not many players can get that level of consistency, then we will have some player.

3KDré

Just needs to get going. But I cannot see this happening without him sorting out his personal issues first and foremost.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
The thing about Martial that was fantastic at Monaco, and early on at Man Utd, was his hold up play... and his quick dribble and shot in tight spaces... when he was playing on top. On the wing, he's losing those qualities. He's not really asked to hold up the ball but run with it... and he's measuring up his moves and shots as opposed to just going with his attacking instinct (as you have no time as a CF).

Again, I think playing him wide is a massive mistake and is really messing up his qualities. His attacking instincts are dulled and he's forgotten how to make runs without the ball. I know that with Ibra, he'll need to adjust. It's a damn shame though.

Womp

idiot
The thing about Martial that was fantastic at Monaco, and early on at Man Utd, was his hold up play... and his quick dribble and shot in tight spaces... when he was playing on top. On the wing, he's losing those qualities. He's not really asked to hold up the ball but run with it... and he's measuring up his moves and shots as opposed to just going with his attacking instinct (as you have no time as a CF).

Again, I think playing him wide is a massive mistake and is really messing up his qualities. His attacking instincts are dulled and he's forgotten how to make runs without the ball. I know that with Ibra, he'll need to adjust. It's a damn shame though.
He's 20, his "qualities" will still change many a times. It just looks like a mental block, his body language doesn't look very good at the minute. I'm sure Jose will figure it out.

Adisa

He should not be played as a winger.

In any case he should not start. But having heard the news about Mikhi's injury, I would use Young.
He was our best player last season playing in the same position. He's just out of form at the beginning of the season. benching him for Young is silly imo.

3KDré

I think he should have total freedom in the team. No team can afford to focus on him any more so just give him freedom to wreak havoc anywhere on the pitch and let the others cover for him. But for that to work a 4-3-3 is necessary and it ain't happening.

LouisDanGaal

I think he should have total freedom in the team. No team can afford to focus on him any more so just give him freedom to wreak havoc anywhere on the pitch and let the others cover for him. But for that to work a 4-3-3 is necessary and it ain't happening.
It would be nice but mkhi and mata on the right come central too, if he starts cutting inside we have no width.

3KDré

It would be nice but mkhi and mata on the right come central too, if he starts cutting inside we have no width.
Then a 4-2-3-1 will suffice, where Martial, Mkhi and Rashford are behind Ibra constantly interchanging in attack.

hubbuh

He's gotten steadily worse since the opener against Bournemouth. He's much more reluctant to take his man on at the moment, preferring instead to swivel back to the midfield and defence and release the ball to them.

He's playing within himself, as was the case during the EUROs. Shouldn't take Mourinho long to get him going again.

LouisDanGaal

Then a 4-2-3-1 will suffice, where Martial, Mkhi and Rashford are behind Ibra constantly interchanging in attack.
I would rather play 4 3 3 as I would focus on getting the best out of Pogba rather than Martial or any other play but if he can play in a 2 man midfield I wouldn't mind that.

3KDré

I would rather play 4 3 3 as I would focus on getting the best out of Pogba rather than Martial or any other play but if he can play in a 2 man midfield I wouldn't mind that.
Either way, it's a great dilemma to have isn't it? For once in ages not everyone can agree on the best XI.

Adisa

French reports that he will start tonight along with Pogba. Hope he has a good game and going confidence. I'm desperate for him to get in gear.

Virtuoso

Him and Pogba are starting for France who are playing Italy right now. Hope Martial particularly does well tonight.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I'd expect better from italy defending, but the run and finish, against Buffon none the less, was terrific.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Very happy for him! He needed that!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That little play is exactly what we're hoping to see from Martial these days. Overlapping Ibrahimovic and running in behind. Should be a boost to him

VanGaalEra

Yes! He needed that and you can tell that from his celebration!

Was that also a Pogba assist I see? :drool:

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Driving with the ball and making good decisions. That goal gave him some confidence.

rotherham_red

Looking more like his usual self, really good to see. Was concerned he'd hit a real slump

Status
Not open for further replies.