View full 2016-17 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking about Martial and his performances this season, you suggested having no sympathy for him because he's rich, I gave examples of why being rich doesn't make you happy.

No tangent at all.
No @matherto, I simply said I have no sympathy for a man getting upset about a bloody shirt number when the company who have done it pay him over £150,000 every single week.

I have tonnes of sympathy for broken families, and people who suffer from depression etc, even if they are billionaires.

Last edited:

RC89

Utter nonsense. He started the season as first choice and got dropped because he was out of form, as it should be and as it has been with Rooney and Rashford. Not sure what planet you're living on if you think Rooney and Rashford have kept their place this season. Martial has been treated the same as everyone else.
Spot on.

NoPace

From the front three attacking players only Mkhitaryan has started and been subbed on fewer games than Martial and that's only due to Mkhitaryan being injured. Though Rashford has started same amount as him, Rashford has been trusted more as a sub option - 10 appearances compared to Martial's four, and he's also lasted 90 minutes more. Whichever way you coat it he's played around 200 minutes less than Rashford and around 450 fewer than Rooney which is quite a lot.
I'm surprised to see Lingard basically even with Mata. And Rashford's numbers aren't awful considering he's been wide. When Rooney goes and he gets those central minutes as the 2nd striker and starts to give Ibra rest every 3-4 games that should improve in a hurry.

I feel pretty damn good about this next year, and if we can't get Griezmann, I wouldn't mind if we just spent our summer kitty on a top, top DM or CB with many years left, even if that means offering Dortmund something like 50-60M for Weigl:

-----------Ibrahimovic (Rashford)-------------
Martial
(Lingard)---------------Mkhitaryan(Mata)

ti vu

From the front three attacking players only Mkhitaryan has started and been subbed on fewer games than Martial and that's only due to Mkhitaryan being injured. Though Rashford has started same amount as him, Rashford has been trusted more as a sub option - 10 appearances compared to Martial's four, and he's also lasted 90 minutes more. Whichever way you coat it he's played around 200 minutes less than Rashford and around 450 fewer than Rooney which is quite a lot.
This piece of stat is misleading in a sense it only talks about end products and only attacking sense. There is no way to use as indication for overall performance when they play. Mata worked his boot off and in some game was our most influential player but worse mins per goal compare to Lingard would mean Mata is less effective to Lingaard, when Lingard picked up 2 beautiful "cherry on top" goals when the games were done and dusted vs Feyenoord & Fenerbahce. And Rashford was mainly played in a "new" role this season than his preferred role. It's unfair to judge him on end product, while it's clear Mourinho trusted Rashford more than Martial in case we need hard worker defensively but also a rapid runner on the break. Rashford may not be well verse in defending, but there is more trust on him to help defending on wing than Martial, so only looking for end product is very unfair for Rashford.

Martial's quality is not question, but his overall performance is the real problem. His performance has been way below his own bar set last season. Adding to that the left back position is our weakness this season too, it's like open our entire left flank for opponent. The buck should stop with Martial to up his game. It's not like other players were being picked by reputation this season at this stage. Our starting XI lately is well picked by performance output.

Last edited:

VanGaalEra

This thread will probably turn into what the Mkhi thread was like for two months.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
No @matherto, I simply said I have no sympathy for a man getting upset about a bloody shirt number when the company who have done it pay him over £150,000 every single week.

I have tonnes of sympathy for broken families, and people who suffer from depression etc, even if they are billionaires.
It's clearly more than just his shirt number that's contributing to his poor performances though

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's been our best player this first half.

red4ever 79

Good again today. Reminds me of against West Ham. We need to see this week in week out or he will be another to be culled in the summer

ash_86

He injects so much pace into the team. Been amazing today. #WELCOMEBACK

ChaddyP

Hes been lively. Great delivery from the left and beating his man. Wasted at striker position for me, Left Wing is where it's at for him.

Moby

Dick
Brilliant half, really hoping he does this more often and cements his place on the left. That's the last spot that is up for grabs in our otherwise completely settled front 6 right now.

FujiVice

We need to get Martial and Mkhitaryan starting every week. They're a dream together if they're both firing.

Traub

Good again today. Reminds me of against West Ham. We need to see this week in week out or he will be another to be culled in the summer
Even if he is absolute dog shite for the next six months, he won't be sold unless he asks to leave.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
We need to get Martial and Mkhitaryan starting every week. They're a dream together if they're both firing.
Yea if we get them on form together we would be absolutely lethal. I can barely remember what it was like when we could attack from both wings.

Best half from Martial since last season, absolutely superb.

Traub

Would be madness on a different level if he was sold.
Yeah, way too much potential has been shown over the past 18 months. Like I said, it will be his decision and not the clubs (unless there is a massive fallout with Jose or something like that).

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Him and Mkhi have the potential to be among the best Pairing of wingers worldwide. His "assist" for Ibra was a Moment of brilliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.